Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with allocating RAM, m1 mac  (Read 586 times)

Aryaliana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Problem with allocating RAM, m1 mac
« on: May 12, 2022, 08:44:17 AM »

So I've been trying to allocate more RAM to starsector on my m1 mac, but any changes to the starsector_mac.sh file results in the application not being able to open. Picture is the message I get when I try. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas for how to do it?

Also, if i modify the starsector_mac.sh file and try opening the app via the terminal, I get this message:

The application /Users/x/Starsectorv2copy.app cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-10810 "kLSUnknownErr: Unexpected internal error" UserInfo={_LSFunction=_LSLaunchWithRunningboard, _LSLine=2732, NSUnderlyingError=0x600000dbc210 {Error Domain=RBSRequestErrorDomain Code=5 "Launch failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Launch failed., NSUnderlyingError=0x600000dbc510 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Launchd job spawn failed}}}}}

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Problem with allocating RAM, m1 mac
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 08:32:28 PM »

IIRC: Check if your text editor is adding anything it shouldn't to the file, like a BOM character.

InterstellarMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 02:51:12 PM »

I have a similar problem, but not with the game not opening. Rather on an m1 Mac it refuses to allocate more memory, I still get the same amount of ram and a similar amount of lag even when I up the ram allocation to 6k

InterstellarMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 02:57:01 PM »

I have a similar problem, but not with the game not opening. Rather on an m1 Mac it refuses to allocate more memory, I still get the same amount of ram and a similar amount of lag even when I up the ram allocation to 6k

Wanted to mention that I didn't have issues with ram on m1 until I installed https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175 which is possibly causing a high drain on m1 or somehow leaks all of ram