Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hitting ESC shouldn't immediately cancel the changes to faction's doctrine&else  (Read 300 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This has happened to me since colonies were added to the game, I always blamed myself but this is like the nth time this happened so I'm making this thread. On the doctrine/custom production screen when you are selecting all the ships and weapons you want, my first instinct after finishing my selection is not to click the accept button, but it's to close to screen, so I end up pressing ESC. The problem is that doing so cancels out all the changes that have been made. Sometimes I spend upwards to 10-20 minutes meticulously choosing what I want my faction to use only to end up erasing it all. It's frustrating.

My suggestion is simple, when pressing ESC after making changes, can we have a prompt to confirm that we actually want to cancel everything? A simple "Discard changes? Yes/No" would suffice. Maybe a tick box of "don't show this again" to people that don't care about this can also be added.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile

I've had this exact problem.

After 1 or 2 mistakes it usually gets Pavloved out but a "discard changes" would be nice QoL nonetheless.