Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tesseract Prototype 1.2  (Read 17725 times)

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
[0.96a] Tesseract Prototype 1.2
« on: May 11, 2022, 10:50:49 PM »

Tesseract Prototype

Ever wanted to fly a Tesseract? well now you can!

This mod lets the player make and fly the tesseract. it does have the shard spawner hull mod removed, so when it dies it will not spawn new ships like usual there is no way around that.
Also all stats are left unchanged and its 500k to build
You get the blueprint to make the ship instantly.

Credits
Arthr- Sprite work

ChangeLog-
1.1- Added updated sprite that includes a small bridge at front middle of ship
* Updated mod info
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 02:24:17 AM by Dhunt05 »

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tesseract Prototype
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 04:00:37 AM »

the sector will burn

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tesseract Prototype 1.1
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 03:34:15 AM »

any plans on Dorito Prototype?

idk if its possible. the problem with the tesseract is that when it "dies" it actually spawns new ships. so from what i understand its not possible.

alright its possible and i have it working already, so should have it out in a day or two

I was Kidding, bro you need to chill.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 10:59:34 PM »

any plans on Dorito Prototype?

idk if its possible. the problem with the tesseract is that when it "dies" it actually spawns new ships. so from what i understand its not possible.

alright its possible and i have it working already, so should have it out in a day or two

I was Kidding, bro you need to chill.

Negative im here to glass the sector

Naturalweeb47

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 05:24:12 AM »

Can you please make this a .zip file to download instead? other types of files don't work with starsector! D:
If you know how to run .7z files on starsector, please reply to this

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 01:18:26 PM »

Can you please make this a .zip file to download instead? other types of files don't work with starsector! D:
If you know how to run .7z files on starsector, please reply to this

my guy you need to open the folder and pull my mod out of it and put it in the mod directory for SS

nekoworkshop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 12:15:47 PM »

Super fun ship (and a terrifying efficient killing machine) to pilot. Thank you for your hard work!

I wouldn't mind having the Dorito crumbs as built-in fighter wings. Just some ideas if you want to watch the sector burn harder  8)

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 04:21:51 AM »

Super fun ship (and a terrifying efficient killing machine) to pilot. Thank you for your hard work!

I wouldn't mind having the Dorito crumbs as built-in fighter wings. Just some ideas if you want to watch the sector burn harder  8)
omg that is pure evil and i love every bit of it.

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2022, 07:04:09 AM »

Damn, I did this myself last week sometime and it sent me down the spiral of learning to mod everything (and being frustrated because I have too much ADHD to figure out scripting).

In my version I also changed the shield to a 360-degree front shield though, it's still "balanced" because there is a limit on how much you can be surrounded by and not overload. Also, I'm not sure if it actually functions because tesseract is unkillable, but everything seems to work fine with the shard spawner hullmod still on the ship.

I also did the same with the facet and I'm getting to the shards and maybe aspect. Everything will burn.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 03:46:28 PM »

Damn, I did this myself last week sometime and it sent me down the spiral of learning to mod everything (and being frustrated because I have too much ADHD to figure out scripting).

In my version I also changed the shield to a 360-degree front shield though, it's still "balanced" because there is a limit on how much you can be surrounded by and not overload. Also, I'm not sure if it actually functions because tesseract is unkillable, but everything seems to work fine with the shard spawner hullmod still on the ship.

I also did the same with the facet and I'm getting to the shards and maybe aspect. Everything will burn.

everything doesnt work fine with the hull shard spawner on the ship. in the player hands once the shards spawn it will break combat and make you have to use console commands to end combat and well the majority of people dont know how to do that and wont want to do that.

also it doesnt need a different shield, its already stupid strong for a cruiser.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 03:47:18 PM »

Thats a nice idea, i could look into it :D im pretty busy right now as i just moved and starting a new job soon so when i get time ill take a look into it

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 06:10:54 AM »

Would Shard Spawner still work with this ship if I add it back?
if so then will it come back to it's default state after battle?
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 07:27:46 AM »

Would Shard Spawner still work with this ship if I add it back?

It is possible just add auto_rec tag for vanilla Tesseract, and after battle with them they occasionally will be available to recover, and it will be full Tesseract, no shards, but shard spawner actually buggy if ship with it used by player, the battle never ends, since battles is hardcoded not to end until ship with such mechanics either retreats or gets completely destroyed, no matter on which side it.

You can order Tesseract to retreat, or use cheat codes in order to force end battle, but I don't know if its possible to end battle if it get split into fighter shards, since you can't issue orders for fighters directly, so you probably will need to use cheat codes, it will work I guess, but works buggy.

Hexallium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tesseract Prototype 1.2
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2023, 02:46:54 AM »

My fastest seeking for download button in the whole forum thread.

StariTV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Tesseract Prototype 1.2
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2023, 04:46:47 AM »

is there a spare bottle? And then the site does not load
Pages: [1] 2