Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor things that cause headace and could be changed (qol)  (Read 677 times)

Phyroks

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So these few things have been bugging me past patches

A) Galaxy map has right click to move, while flying right click is free look and left click is move, can we have them both use the same button please?!?
B) Some way to check your colonies inventory/ships without visiting them (stuff you left there)
C) When you discover ruins during survey, have pop up to explore them instead of having to leave the screen and hopefully remembering to investigate them (yeah sometimes exploring planets get boring and you spam)

Thanks for all the work on the game, its been slow but each patch is still meaningful so nice to return to it each time.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Minor things that cause headace and could be changed (qol)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 12:18:26 AM »

Agreed, but to expand on the first point, option to rebind campaign controls in general or at least some toggles that change how some things function. For example I don't like how autopilot controls are A and T, that's just awkward.

Also I bet the left click for moving, and right click for setting destinations on the map is intentional since that comes natural for most players. Games that use mouse movement instead of WASD, like Diablo or actually any other isometric RPG use left click for movement, while right click is usually a spell or another action. Then looking at galaxy map, it resembles a screen from some strategy games, and you always issue move commands with right click there, left click is merely a selection tool. Hopefully that clears up the design decision but yeah there are always some who prefer different controls.
Please don't take me too seriously.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 10:24:19 AM »

To help you on C, there are always little satellites orbiting planets that have ruins.

Haster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 01:32:59 PM »

Ideally the solution to C would be to spice up the process of exploration a bit.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 07:47:26 PM »

I know it's days later, but:

B: Stellar Networks has this. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20836.0

C: Captain's Log has this. https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=20161.0

That's not to say that these shouldn't be part of vanilla, but the mod army delivers.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).