Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.96a] Foxy's Quality of Life - Cosmetic Tweaks - 192.168.0.5  (Read 44898 times)

Foxy

• Commander
  • About me: I make simple mods ^__^
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Foxy's Quality of Life - Cosmetic Tweaks - 192.168.0.4
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2022, 11:11:39 PM »

i've removed this mod from my set as it causes some issues
it's redundant in sense of the other QoL mod

adds just layers of overrides to keep track about
vs default settings file and other mods settings files ...
I understand. I am not a coder to be honest, so I am just stumbling my way through this game and trying to make it more aesthetically pleasing. This mod is just an alternative and as time goes by I hope to improve onto many other aspects as well. Thanks for your sincere feedback ^__^

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2022, 09:12:02 AM »

Small update. I have put a more relaxing Distress sound now, so it is not so distracting and out of place :) And I added a new mouse cursor addon.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 09:24:42 AM by Foxy »

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2022, 12:46:24 PM »

.... Yeah, I like to spice things up when it comes to DISTRESS, but I will take into account to make a more relaxing and immersive sound for distress calls. Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think it should be relaxing, it's supposed to get your attention after all, but hearing random screams over the com should be reserved for Firefly Reavers.  ;)

You could look up naval SOS signals for inspiration, if need any.

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2022, 08:19:49 PM »

.... Yeah, I like to spice things up when it comes to DISTRESS, but I will take into account to make a more relaxing and immersive sound for distress calls. Thanks for the feedback!

I don't think it should be relaxing, it's supposed to get your attention after all, but hearing random screams over the com should be reserved for Firefly Reavers.  ;)

Thanks, will check it out later when I get home! Cheers!

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2022, 10:42:38 AM »

One thing you could look into for the future is give the ability to change your base amount of fleet Officers like you did the Administrators.

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2022, 09:25:05 AM »

One thing you could look into for the future is give the ability to change your base amount of fleet Officers like you did the Administrators.
Sure, I will put it on the to-do list. Most likely I will have time to work on it tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:37:08 AM by Foxy »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2022, 06:36:15 AM »

Added the SOS signal.

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2022, 06:37:51 AM »

Sure, I will put it on the to-do list. Most likely I will have time to work on it tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback.
I've added the "baseNumOfficers", so now you can go and enable it manually there in the settings.json

Don't forget to backup your settings.json before you update to not overwrite your settings.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Foxy's Quality of Life - Cosmetic Tweaks - 192.168.0.5
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2022, 10:07:41 AM »

Excellent... if you're interested in other wacky ideas here's another two:

Having a sound effect to let you know when your Operatives (Nexerelin?) have finished a job. Not sure if that's possible, but missing the fast fading message of their results is annoying.

Bounty Hunting Travel Credit
Essentially, to mitigate the annoyance of having to travel to the outer rim of the sector to hunt down a bounty if you try to acquire one via a contact you get some extra funding. Especially annoying if you use 'Adjusted Sector' like I do and the sector is larger than normal.

The Bounty Hunting Travel Credit (BHTC) is defined by the following formula:

{(LY distance to target x 200) + (LY distance to target x 50)} x Size of Bounty Modifier = Reimbursement amount for Fuel and Supplies used to reach the target and return

The idea is if they're going to try and send me 50 LY to whack a 40000 credit bounty, they better damn well pay the travel costs (the 200 and 50 credit amounts are simply double the base cost for Supplies and Fuel, as it's round trip). This would obviously only apply to bounties specifically acquired through contacts, pickup bounties you detect while travelling don't get this bonus. The 'Size of Bounty Modifier' is just if you picked the small/medium/large bounty, probably a simple 2/4/6 but it can be adjusted as needed since the assumption is a harder bounty will need a bigger fleet which will eat more fuel/supplies.
[close]

Anyway, just more of my wacky ideas for you to play around with.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 10:24:40 AM by Oni »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2022, 11:19:55 PM »

Having a sound effect to let you know when your Operatives (Nexerelin?) have finished a job. Not sure if that's possible, but missing the fast fading message of their results is annoying.

Essentially, to mitigate the annoyance of having to travel to the outer rim of the sector to hunt down a bounty if you try to acquire one via a contact you get some extra funding. Especially annoying if you use 'Adjusted Sector' like I do and the sector is larger than normal.

{(LY distance to target x 200) + (LY distance to target x 50)} x Size of Bounty Modifier = Reimbursement amount for Fuel and Supplies used to reach the target and return

The idea is if they're going to try and send me 50 LY to whack a 40000 credit bounty, they better damn well pay the travel costs (the 200 and 50 credit amounts are simply double the base cost for Supplies and Fuel, as it's round trip). This would obviously only apply to bounties specifically acquired through contacts, pickup bounties you detect while travelling don't get this bonus. The 'Size of Bounty Modifier' is just if you picked the small/medium/large bounty, probably a simple 2/4/6 but it can be adjusted as needed since the assumption is a harder bounty will need a bigger fleet which will eat more fuel/supplies.
[close]

Hehe, I will keep these in mind, although I am not a coder, so don't expect anything fancy related to gameplay mechanics ^__^

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2022, 04:13:26 AM »

[close]

Hehe, I will keep these in mind, although I am not a coder, so don't expect anything fancy related to gameplay mechanics ^__^

I'll probably stick the BHTC onto 'Suggestions' at some point, but nice to hear you'll think about them.
Play around with it long enough and I'm sure you'll manage some amazing stuff.

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2022, 08:27:18 AM »

Thanx Foxy

Ondares

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2022, 10:30:33 PM »

Thanks for the mod, Foxy.
The sound of when you find something in space is the best  :D

Deepfield

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2022, 04:55:18 AM »

It seems the site you are using to host this is only allowing 20kb/s speeds...

White Hound Black Lotus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2022, 05:05:53 PM »

Question Boss, would this affect other mods that already added music or Audio Plus?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6