Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.96a] Guardian Prototype 1.3  (Read 16631 times)

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
[0.96a] Guardian Prototype 1.3
« on: May 05, 2022, 09:34:03 PM »

Guardian Prototype

Ever wanted to fly a Guardian? well now you can!

This mod adds a separate Guardian that has a bridge built on to it, it comes with a blueprint, it has the Automated ship hull mod removed so the player can fly it.
It is 80dp to field instead of the normal 40dp because its keeping its autoforge and will be WAY stronger in the players hands, also its 1.5mil to build.

Credits
Yunru- For making the mod
YuiTheModder- For doing all the sprite work.

ChangeLog-
1.3- Added 3 new variants of the Guardian
* Full Energy variant 60dp 1mil to build
* Full Ballistic variant 60dp 1mil to build
* Full Missile variant 160dp 3.5mil to build

1.1 updated mod name to Guardian Prototype from "Human Guardian"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 02:24:24 AM by Dhunt05 »

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: Guardian Prototype
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 09:34:14 PM »

reserved

NuclearStudent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Guardian Prototype 1.1
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 03:06:06 PM »

Great mod, very good. One problem I have is that it's hard to deploy the Guardian at 80DP. It has four medium missiles, and a condor has a medium missile at 10DP, so I think that 40DP is a fair price to pay for the Guardian.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 05:24:37 PM »

Great mod, very good. One problem I have is that it's hard to deploy the Guardian at 80DP. It has four medium missiles, and a condor has a medium missile at 10DP, so I think that 40DP is a fair price to pay for the Guardian.

theres a reason why its 80DP, it has a auto forge that refills missiles every 10 seconds. in the players hands its beyond strong especially with the right load out. i do plan on making other variants of this that will be pure ballistic, pure energy and pure missile. i will most likely lower the ballistic and energy ones down to like 65dp-70dp and possibly raise the pure missile one higher.

NuclearStudent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 09:38:06 PM »

theres a reason why its 80DP, it has a auto forge that refills missiles every 10 seconds. in the players hands its beyond strong especially with the right load out. i do plan on making other variants of this that will be pure ballistic, pure energy and pure missile. i will most likely lower the ballistic and energy ones down to like 65dp-70dp and possibly raise the pure missile one higher.

Honestly, I'm not convinced. The Buffalo Mk2 has a medium missile despite only being 4DP, and that also has maneuverability, and thus more survivability. I do recognize that the autoforge provides additional utility - maybe 20DP would be fair? 

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 11:05:40 PM »

Honestly, I'm not convinced. The Buffalo Mk2 has a medium missile despite only being 4DP, and that also has maneuverability, and thus more survivability. I do recognize that the autoforge provides additional utility - maybe 20DP would be fair?

*** i might as well just *** everyone off at this point LUL

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: [0.95.1a] Guardian Prototype 1.3
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 12:22:41 AM »

Changelog-
1.3- Added 3 new variants of the Guardian
* Full Energy variant 60dp 1mil to build
* Full Ballistic variant 60dp 1mil to build
* Full Missile variant 160dp 3.5mil to build

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 02:51:15 AM »

any plans on Dorito Prototype?

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 04:38:51 PM »

idk if its possible. the problem with the tesseract is that when it "dies" it actually spawns new ships. so from what i understand its not possible.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 07:12:10 PM »

idk if its possible. the problem with the tesseract is that when it "dies" it actually spawns new ships. so from what i understand its not possible.

alright its possible and i have it working already, so should have it out in a day or two

Naturalweeb47

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 05:23:49 AM »

Can you please make this a .zip file to download instead? other types of files don't work with starsector! D:
If you know how to run .7z files on starsector, please reply to this

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 08:57:13 AM »

alright its possible and i have it working already, so should have it out in a day or two
[/quote]

I love this

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 01:18:43 PM »

I love this
[/quote]

HEHE
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 01:35:37 PM by Dhunt05 »

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2022, 07:01:23 PM »

Can you please make this a .zip file to download instead? other types of files don't work with starsector! D:

If you download 7Zip (it's free) you can unzip any files, .rar, .zip, .7z etc. Once installed, just right click on a file, go down to 7zip and hit "extract here" or "extract files....". If you select extract here it will simply put all the contents of the compressed file into the current folder you're viewing it in. If you hit "extract files..." It will ask you to enter where you want the compressed file's content to be sent. Generally extract here is fastest then you just move the new files wherever you need them. In this case, into your mod folder in the starsector folder.

Link to 7 Zip's website:
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2022, 07:34:59 PM »

If you download 7Zip (it's free) you can unzip any files, .rar, .zip, .7z etc. Once installed, just right click on a file, go down to 7zip and hit "extract here" or "extract files....". If you select extract here it will simply put all the contents of the compressed file into the current folder you're viewing it in. If you hit "extract files..." It will ask you to enter where you want the compressed file's content to be sent. Generally extract here is fastest then you just move the new files wherever you need them. In this case, into your mod folder in the starsector folder.

Link to 7 Zip's website:
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

^^^ there ya go :D
Pages: [1] 2