Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screenshots Are Broken  (Read 332 times)

Goatcy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Screenshots Are Broken
« on: May 05, 2022, 01:41:20 PM »

So I generally like to document my campaigns on games cause I'm a nerd
I used to be able to take screenshots just fine, but on my most recent campaigns I have two problems: screenshots either are a black screen, or the first screenshot I take in a session is fine, but all the other ones I take after that are the same screenshot, duplicates of it. I've attached examples of this.
Up until my most recent campaign it would be that the duplicate screenshot problem would happen, but I put up with it because it would only happen sometimes. On my new one though, the black screen problem happens every time. I can't get it to work a single time.
I did install multiple mods since the last campaign I played, but I don't think that would affect screenshots at all.
I tried pasting screenshots with printscreen onto Discord instead of looking at the game's screenshot folder, but those screenshots would literally be just a blank file. That or a small black rectangle. I don't know, it's weird. If I run the game in windowed mode, though, and below my max resolution, that method works. That sucks though.

Things I've tried to solve this:
  • Changing the undecorated window setting on the settings.json file
  • Using a program called windowed borderless gaming to see if that would make the game think it's windowed or something
  • Adding the game to the Steam library and taking screenshots with Steam's own screenshot system. It works, but trying to take a screenshot sometimes closes the game. No crash window, it just closes
  • Changing the screenshot hotkey
  • Using ShareX. Those screenshots are also just a black screen, though it also captures the cursor. I've attached an example of this too

It's not really a big issue, but I want my cool little game documentary to make me feel like I've achieved something :)
I don't expect a solution though, I've really tried everything I can think of by now

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 01:30:05 PM by Goatcy »