Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Regarding Ship Repairs  (Read 650 times)

Lorex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Regarding Ship Repairs
« on: May 12, 2022, 08:45:17 AM »

Hey all I a new here and just started playing. Love it. I was wondering about repairs on salvaged ships. There is always an option to salvage ships but sometimes the proportional cost to fully repair d-mods can be quite high, especially once you start wandering out and exploring you tend to find things. Is there a way to do this more cheaply or if you want the ship at full capacity you just have to bite the bullet and pay? Tried looking on forums and was less than successful. Cheers.

LordBlade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Ship Repairs
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 09:01:37 AM »

From what I understand, you're mostly just stuck paying the cost. So do it only on ships you really want to use. Or if you have credits burning a hole in your wallet. :p

There's a skill that has a chance of removing a random d-mod once a month. And a chance of removing one on a ship that you salvage.
But beyond that, you're just paying the cost.

Network Pesci

• Commander
  • Hopefully, amusing you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 09:27:23 AM »

LordBlade already mentioned this, but he didn't emphasize it enough.  If you care about D-Mods and not having them, the Hull Restoration skill is absolutely imperative.  The chance of removing a D-Mod is not 100% but it's pretty high.  Until the very endgame, when millions of credits mean nothing to you, don't pay millions of credits to remove all the D-Mods off a scavenged Legion XIV when you could just have Hull Restoration and probably have them all removed by the time you get your new ship back to your base to equip it.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 01:21:48 AM »

Hull Restoration is Bae