Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Aptly Simple Hullmods 1.8.5  (Read 68905 times)

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Aptly Simple Hullmods 1.8.5
« on: May 02, 2022, 08:11:31 AM »

Aptly Simple Hullmods 1.8.5

Requires:
Lazylib

Compatibility:
Incompatible with saves below 1.7.2
Not safe to remove from an ongoing campaign

Adds a few hullmods to the game, hullmods are obtained through exploration or bought from factions.
The hullmods are balanced based on my experience with vanilla and modded starsector playthroughs.
S-mod effects only give a slight increase in power or defense to keep it balance.

Previews

[close]
Hullmods
Swift Retreat Protocol 3/6/9/15
When fighters are retreating/rearming
Increases the fighter's top speed by 25%
Increases the fighter's maneuverability by 25%
Increases the fighter's engine damage taken by 25%
If fighter has shields turn off shields

Mineral Refinery 3/6/9/15
Every 3 days
Generate 80/160/240/400 Metals / Transplutonics based on hull size
Consume 400/800/1200/2000 Ores / Rare ores based on hull size

Fighter Targeting Uplink 3/6/9/15
If a friendly ship has a targeting unit/core and is within 1000su OR the ship has targeting unit/core
Increases the damage of all fighters by 20%

Automated Racks 5/10/15/25
Increases fire rate of missile weapons by 20%
Decreases the max ammo of missile weapons by 10%
Decreases the turret turn rate of missile weapons by 10%

Convicted Crewmates 5/10/15/25
When killing or contributing to killing an enemy, gain 5/10/15/25 seconds of peak performance time
Frigates gain 2.0 times the peak performance time bonus
Destroyers gain 1.5 times the peak performance time bonus
Targets must die within 30 seconds
Decreases combat readiness by 15%

Missile Bay 3/6/9/15
Increases missile ammo by 25%
Remove 1 built-in fighter bay

Reactor Bay 3/6/9/15
Increases flux dissipation by 10%
Increases flux capacity by 10%
Remove 1 built-in fighter bay

Advance Radar Systems 1/2/3/5
Increases the ship's sight radius by 25%

Beam Combiners 4/8/12/20
Increases the damage of beam weapons by 20%
Increases the flux cost of beam weapons by 20%

Circuit Breakers 2/4/6/10
Reduces the duration of overloads by 33%

External Cargo Holds 2/4/6/10
Increases the cargo capacity by 60/120/180/300 points based on hull size
Reduces the ship's flux dissipation by 10%
Reduces the ship's sensor profile by 10%
Reduces the ship's armor strength by 10%

External Cryo Pods 2/4/6/10
Increases the crew capacity by 60/120/180/300 points based on hull size
Increases the crew casualties by 10% when hull damage is taken during combat

External Fuel Tanks 2/4/6/10
Increases the fuel capacity by 60/120/180/300 points based on hull size
Increases the explosive damage taken by 10%

Flux Amplifiers 4/8/12/20
Increases the damage of non-missile weapons by 20%
Increases the flux cost of non-missile weapons by 10%
Decreases the fire rate of non-missile weapons by 10%

Flux Limiters 4/8/12/20
Decreases the flux cost of non-missile weapons by 20%
Decreases the damage of non-missile weapons by 10%
Decreases the fire rate of non-missile weapons by 10%

Front Loaded Armor 3/6/9/15
Doubles the armor values towards the front of the ship
Halves the armor values towards the back of the ship

Fuel Ramscoop 3/6/9/15
Every 3 days, generate 1/2/3/4 fuel based on hull size

Graviton Attunement Drive 6/12/18/30
Increases the fleet's maximum burn by 1/2/3/4 based on hull size
Increases the sensor profile by 300%
Increases supplies used per month by 200%

Industrial Machine Forge 3/6/9/15
Every 3 days
generates 5/15/30/50 heavy machinery based on hull size
consumes 35/105/210/350 metals based on hull size

Makeshift Missile Autoforge 3/6/9/15
When missile weapons run out of ammo
Start Replenishing 10% of ammo for that weapon only
Only replenish ammo every 50 seconds

Marine Training Facility 3/6/9/15
Every week
levels up 2/4/6/10 current marines based on hull size
Converts 10/20/30/50 crew members into marines based on hull size
Can convert a maximum of 50/100/150/250 marines per ship with this hullmod

Reactive Shields 3/6/9/15
As hard flux levels rise
Increases the shield strength by up to 15%
Lowers the shield arc by up to 30 degrees

Reactive Subsystems 4/8/12/20
Increases the ship's max combat readiness by 15%
Increases the ship's deployment points by 1/2/3/5 based on hull size

Subverted Shields 3/6/9/15
Dissipates hard flux while shields are active by 15%
Reduces the shield upkeep by 15%
Reduces the shield strength by 15%
Increases the chance of EMP arcing by 25%

Targeting Transceiver 2/4/6/10
If a friendly ship has a Targeting Core / Unit and is within 1000su
Increases the autoaim accuracy of Capital and Cruise ship's by 40%
Increases the range of non-missile weapons of destroyers and frigates by 10%

Temporal Flux Reactor 5/10/15/25
As soft flux levels rise
Increases the speed of time by up to 33%
Accelerates the peak performance time reduction by up to 2 seconds

Venting Overdrive 5/10/15/25
While venting and hull integrity is above 20%
Increases the rate of venting by 100%
Increases the ship's speed by 100%
Increases the ship's maneuverability by 100%
Damages the ship, the higher the flux the longer you take damage

Volatile Warheads 4/8/12/20
Increases the damage of missiles by 20%
Reduces the max speed of missiles by 10%
Reduces the health of missiles by 10%
[close]

If you have suggestions or encountered problems with the mod just post them here.

Credits
Vildrian - Sprites for some of the hullmods
PureTilt - for the implementation of s-mod effects
Wispborne - for the github action script in the starsector intellij template
Starsector Discord - coding and balancing advice
Alex & Co - The creators of starsector/starfarer
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:22:33 PM by Audax »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.0.7 WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 08:34:23 AM »

Congrats on release!
I'm not exactly an expert on balance, but that one:
Graviton Attunement Drive
Increases the fleet's maximum burn by 3 but increases the sensor profile and supplies used per month by a factor of 3.
Seems a bit too harsh with the downside - increasing upkeep by a factor of 3 will probably put a lotta people off using it. 30% would probably be more than enough (fact. 1.3).

I'm also not too sure on the hardflux one, as hardflux through shields usually is one of the most powerful effects - others will very likely weigh in on that :P

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 08:58:42 AM »

Congrats on release!
Thanks, I kept staring at the post button for a few minutes whether or not I should release or polish it a bit more before release. But went with it anyways cause I have that feeling the more I delay the more likely its never going to happen.

Seems a bit too harsh with the downside - increasing upkeep by a factor of 3 will probably put a lotta people off using it. 30% would probably be more than enough (fact. 1.3).
My balance for this was comparing it to bringing 3 tugs and found out that it slightly loses compared to bringing 3 tugs. The thing is I don't want to completely make the tug ox ship irrelevant with that mod. Also can only be installed in capital ships.

I'm also not too sure on the hardflux one, as hardflux through shields usually is one of the most powerful effects - others will very likely weigh in on that :P
I tested this a few times and was going back and fort whether to lower the shield strength bonus or make it so that the shield arc can go below 30 or increase the threshold to around 95% for the full bonus to take effect. I might look into it.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 05:39:55 PM »

Congrats on making a thing and releasing it.

You can make perfectly serviceable hullmod icons very quickly by strategically cropping an in-game screenshot, boosting the contrast a bit, and, if you so desire, doing a little sloppy paintover for style, then downscaling to the final 32x32 size.

Will it look as nice as the miniature illustrations vanilla uses? Probably not.
Is it perfectly serviceable for now? Yeah.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2022, 10:42:49 AM »

Hello! Updated the mod today, just added spirtes for the game. They look ok to me, some of them atleast but I might update them in the near future.

Added an new Hullmod

Makeshift Missile Autoforge
When missile weapons run out of ammo a dedicated autoforge is activated for that missile weapon, it restores 10% of its ammo every 60 seconds. Only works for missiles that don't regenerate ammo already.

Added new sprites to all the previous hullmods with the exception of the new one.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 10:45:50 AM »

Congrats on making a thing and releasing it.

You can make perfectly serviceable hullmod icons very quickly by strategically cropping an in-game screenshot, boosting the contrast a bit, and, if you so desire, doing a little sloppy paintover for style, then downscaling to the final 32x32 size.

Thank you. I did just that, also tried to make my own. They look ok to me but will update them at some point.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.1.8 WIP
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 08:05:59 AM »

Hello! Updated the mod!

Added 4 new Hullmods

Enhanced Autoloaders
Augments the ammo transfer and accelerates ammo feeding of all ballisitc weapons, allowing for an increase in ammo regeneration, ammo capacity and fire rate by 100% but lowers the damage by 25%.

Energized Capacitors
Streams of energy is continually directed to all capacitors of all energy weapons, allowing for an increase in ammo regeneration, ammo capacity and fire rate by 100% but lowers the damage by 25%.

Subatomic Accelerator
Installs a device that accelerates the particles that makes up an atom, increasing the projectile speed of all energy weapons by 20%.

Extended Barrels
Extends the barrels of all ballistic weapons allowing expanding gas to travel and push the bullet further before leaving the barrel, increasing the projectile speed by 20%.

The 2 new mods that increase fire rate may look OP but certain sacrifices have to be made to fully utilize them, tested them significantly in vanilla so it should be balance.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a][WIP] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.4.0
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 01:58:52 AM »

Hello! Huge update for the mod!

Added mor Hullmods

Volatile Ammunition
Ammunition used by all ballistic weapons are replaced with radioactive ammunition, allowing for an increase in damage by 25% but lowers the fire rate by a factor of 0.75 while increasing the flux cost by a factor of 1.25.

Overloaded Capacitors
A surge of energy is directed to all energy weapons overcharging them, allowing for an increase in damage by 25% but lowers the fire rate by a factor of 0.75 while increasing the flux cost by a factor of 1.25.

Reactive Subsystems
Replaces subsystems with reactive machines, a basic type of AI that only reacts to its given scenario but cannot go past it. This increases the max combat readiness by 15% and increases the peak performance time by 60 but in return it increases the rate at which combat readiness degrades by 50%.

External Cargo Holds
Installs cargo containers or pods around the front and sides of the ship, allowing for an increase in cargo capacity by 250/500/750/1000 depending on hull size but reduces the flux dissipation, speed, and maneuverability by 20% while increasing the armor damage taken by 20%.

External Fuel Tanks
Installs fuel tanks or barrels around the front and sides of the ship, allowing for an increase in fuel capacity by 250/500/750/1000 depending on hull size but reduces the flux dissipation, speed, and maneuverability by 20% while increasing the explosive damage taken by 20%.

External Cryo Pods
Installs cryo pods around the front and sides of the ship, allowing for an increase in crew capacity by 250/500/750/1000 depending on hull size but reduces the flux dissipation, speed, and maneuverability by 20% while increasing crew casualties by 20% when hull damage is taken during combat.

Maximized Drive Field
Enhances the ship's drive field to its maximum capabilities, increasing the max burn level by 3 but increases the fuel used per lightyear by a factor of 2.

Overloaded Drive Field
Enhances the ship's drive field but pushes it beyond its capabilities, increasing the max burn level by 3 but increases the fuel used per lightyear by a factor of 2, increases the sensor profile by 100%, and decreases the sensor strength by 50%.

A bunch of new hullmods, simple enough to understand in what they do. The new cargo hullmods are used to turn your combat ships into a cargo type ships but has big downsides in doing so good for just not wanting to have any sort of civ ships in your fleet. Combat hullmods are simple enough to allow changes in build to a certain degree.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a][WIP] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.4.5
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2022, 12:59:45 PM »

Quick update on the mod as I will be going out of my country added a few hullmods, hope you like them. Haven't tested them heavily so they might be a bit OP maybe not, not sure yet.

Targeting Transceiver
Increases non-missile weapons range by 10% if installed on frigates or destroyers, or increases weapons autoaim accuracy by 40% if installed on cruisers or capital ships. But effects are only active if a cruiser or capital ship is within 1000su and has a Targeting Core / Unit hullmod installed.

Fuel Ramscoop
Installs a ramscoop that gathers interstellar matter then converts it into fuel. This generates 1/1/2/2 units of fuel based on hull size every 3 days.

Marine Training Facility
Trains excess crew into marines, this converts 10/20/40/50 crew to marines based on hull size every month. Can train up to a maximum of 50/100/200/250 based on hull size per ship with this hullmod.

Beam Combiners
Installs partial reflectors that combine two or more wavelengths of light on all beam weapons. This increases the damage by 20% but increases the flux cost by 40% and decreases its turn rate by 20%.

Hull Conversion
Convert parts of the hull into dedicated armor, this increases the armor by 20% and increases the minimum armor value by 5% but significantly decreases the hull by a factor of 0.8 and increases the chance of the ship breaking by a factor of 2.

the logistics hullmod regarding fuel and marines may need some testing but they should work and already have checks so no need to worry about them converting all your crew to marine or produce too much fuel beyond your capacity things like that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 01:09:40 PM by Audax »

Vildrian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 08:15:50 PM »

Hello, just wanted to drop by and thank you for the wonderful mod! Just a heads up, the download link is still giving out the 0.4.0 version, though the latest can be obtained by going through the author's main github link and download v0.4.5 there. Hoping this can be fixed.  :)

Also, if it's alright to share, I've made some hullmod icons for those that haven't got one yet:

Spoiler
[close]

I'll post the link if it's alright, along with the edited .csv to apply the changes. Thanks again for the hullmods!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 10:45:51 PM by Vildrian »

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 07:30:03 AM »

Hello, just wanted to drop by and thank you for the wonderful mod! Just a heads up, the download link is still giving out the 0.4.0 version, though the latest can be obtained by going through the author's main github link and download v0.4.5 there. Hoping this can be fixed.  :)

Also, if it's alright to share, I've made some hullmod icons for those that haven't got one yet:

Spoiler
[close]

I'll post the link if it's alright, along with the edited .csv to apply the changes. Thanks again for the hullmods!  ;D

Thanks for the heads up, I have updated the download link properly. If you would still like to send me the link I can update the mod and this page and add you as a contributor.

Vildrian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 08:53:08 AM »

Thanks for fixing the DL link! Also, here's the link for the hullmod icons (modified vanilla assets) along with the .csv file to reflect the changes:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wi53z3589pvl6fn/Aptly_Simple_Hullmods.7z/file

Again, many, many thanks again for the mod! ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 09:12:54 AM by Vildrian »

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a][WIP] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.5.6
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 05:05:01 AM »

It might just be my banana brain but i don't understand why you would ever spend OP to install a hullmod that doesn't give you any advantage.
for example the "Volatile Ammunition" gives more damage for lowered shot speed. That alone would still be worth some OP since its more bang for your buck but then ruining it with lowered flux efficiency thus making the whole "upgrade" just becoming an OP waste.
Could someone explain to me, in what scenario is that a good/great pickup.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a][WIP] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.5.6
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2022, 07:21:48 AM »

It might just be my banana brain but i don't understand why you would ever spend OP to install a hullmod that doesn't give you any advantage.
for example the "Volatile Ammunition" gives more damage for lowered shot speed. That alone would still be worth some OP since its more bang for your buck but then ruining it with lowered flux efficiency thus making the whole "upgrade" just becoming an OP waste.
Could someone explain to me, in what scenario is that a good/great pickup.

The mod is extremely cheap 13 op cost for capitals granted its good for ships with mostly ballistic weapons. Certain weapons become extremely reliable without the flux cost increase making those weapons if not all ballistic weapons just better overall.

I wanted to make sure that if you want to use this mod certain sacrifices have to be made like less guns, guns that use less flux, etc. I have tested the hullmod significantly enough so that it doesn't become a hullmod you choose because its 100% better than anything else. Granted the op cost alone is good enough of a choice to use it but it comes with a sacrifice. Though the flux cost increase is definitely high so I might look into it again.

Audax

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a][WIP] Aptly Simple Hullmods 0.6.2
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2022, 07:37:39 PM »

Updated the mod adds a few more hullmods, added previews for people to see how some of the hullmods work, latest update fixes bugs for some of the hullmods.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8