Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Administrator Wages  (Read 1543 times)

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Administrator Wages
« on: April 19, 2022, 07:25:59 AM »

So I am going through a moderately modded game and managed to grab 2 administrators from derelicts. What confuses me is that both have the same skills, but one admin runs at a nice and comfy 5k a month, while the other has a whopping 25k wage. Is this normal? Should I just boot the 25k admin?

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Administrator Wages
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 08:04:36 AM »

Normally the 25,000 wage administrators have the +1 to production skill. If they don't it might be some kind of bug.

Boothing them is what I did in my game. At least early game the extra salary was not worth it

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 08:32:34 AM »

Normally the 25,000 wage administrators have the +1 to production skill. If they don't it might be some kind of bug.

Boothing them is what I did in my game. At least early game the extra salary was not worth it

Yeah they both only have Industrial Planning with the only difference being the wages.

I'll keep Mr. Moneybags on a colony a bit longer until I find another suitable candidate.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 08:37:55 AM »

Administrators get a discount if they aren't being used on an actual planet. What you might be seeing is the cost of admins while governing versus not governing.

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 05:13:08 PM »

Administrators get a discount if they aren't being used on an actual planet. What you might be seeing is the cost of admins while governing versus not governing.

Yeah, but wages for Admins not assigned to colonies are only 10% of the full cost and both of my admins are assigned to colonies.

One is 5k and the other is 25k.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 02:21:35 AM »

I'v had this (what I assume to be a bug) happen to me before. and i just accepted the basically free (5k) admin and moved.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 11:50:49 AM »

This is more of a revenant of version compatibility issue than a bug. So the previous update fused all colony skills into one skill as part of the skills rework, except [REDECATED], and administrators can only have either one skill or no skill. However that the levels of administrators are kept for inter-version compatibility, mostly for that one may update into 0.95.1 from 0.95, as a result despite lv2 and lv3 admins are completely identical in terms of administrating colonies, lv3 admins cost more like if they have more skills. Although lv.3 admin cannot be hired from colonies, they still can spawn in cryopods where they no longer come with more skills but cost like if they do.
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*