Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.96a] Super Cool Faction Flags - get them while they are hot!  (Read 94083 times)

Foxy

• Commander
  • About me: I make simple mods ^__^
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Super Cool Factions - get them while they are hot!
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2022, 12:14:01 AM »

I looked at the title and expected changes to factions and/or new factions, then i realized it's just some flags, kinda disappointed, you should say it's only flags in the title.
Point taken and title changed! Thanks for the nice feedback.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Super Cool Faction Flags - get them while they are hot!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2022, 08:27:53 AM »

As the maker of a mod manager that has to parse versions from mod_info.json, I hate you.
As a player of the game, I love you, these are wonderful.

My only bit of feedback (and I'll probably just make a personal edit since you were kind enough to provide the files) is that the Hegemony losing their orange makes their flag much harder to recognize at a glance when it's tiny.
When flags are small, their color is the primary way to discern them.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2022, 09:13:34 AM »

As the maker of a mod manager that has to parse versions from mod_info.json, I hate you.
As a player of the game, I love you, these are wonderful.

My only bit of feedback (and I'll probably just make a personal edit since you were kind enough to provide the files) is that the Hegemony losing their orange makes their flag much harder to recognize at a glance when it's tiny.
When flags are small, their color is the primary way to discern them.
Oh, I'm sorry I made you sad. I am not really a technical person, and I'm not all that great with code. If there is something I can do better to help you out with your management, I am open to feedback and guidance.

As for the color, yeah, I get what you mean, although I never liked the fact that the faction is orange in the first place due to how close it is to the yellow of the Persan Legion. In my opinion they could have been a dark green or something, but that's just my take on it. Of course, I do not mind if you want to fork my work and put your own details in the designs. I have to admit that it was the first flag I made so I plaid with a lot of elements before I settled on this version and I really didn't find a "way" to make the orange color stick to it, in order to satisfy my mental itches.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2022, 10:49:17 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry I made you sad. I am not really a technical person, and I'm not all that great with code. If there is something I can do better to help you out with your management, I am open to feedback and guidance.

As for the color, yeah, I get what you mean, although I never liked the fact that the faction is orange in the first place due to how close it is to the yellow of the Persan Legion. In my opinion they could have been a dark green or something, but that's just my take on it. Of course, I do not mind if you want to fork my work and put your own details in the designs. I have to admit that it was the first flag I made so I plaid with a lot of elements before I settled on this version and I really didn't find a "way" to make the orange color stick to it, in order to satisfy my mental itches.

The mod is great, and I certainly don't want to make extra work for you. You didn't make any extra work for me, either.
What I was referring to was that the version is "version":" $_$", which would have messed up earlier versions of my manager but I've grown wiser since then :D and it works just fine.

Here are my eye-melting recolors: https://imgur.com/a/D6BAO8F. Not better (worse, in fact), just closer to vanilla.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2022, 10:58:16 PM »

The mod is great, and I certainly don't want to make extra work for you. You didn't make any extra work for me, either.
What I was referring to was that the version is "version":" $_$", which would have messed up earlier versions of my manager but I've grown wiser since then :D and it works just fine.

Here are my eye-melting recolors: https://imgur.com/a/D6BAO8F. Not better (worse, in fact), just closer to vanilla.
My eyes.. my eyes.. I love it :D - I shall probably make an alternative based on your recommendations in the next update, so people can switch between those if they like.

Ah, I see, well I will make sure to write numbers in the versions from now on since I see that actually has a use and it's not just eye-candy!

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 11:02:14 AM »

After studying the orange hegemony for hours and thinking of why the measurement issue in quantum mechanics can't be sorted out, I have came up with a solution!
This shall be in the next update, so stay tuned, because I have 2 more icons to work on these days before I release the beast!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:04:58 AM by Foxy »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2022, 11:42:11 PM »

Freaking Image limits, here is the Lowtech

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2022, 11:42:49 PM »

Midline, which I am not yet super happy with, but it's the best I could tinker at the moment!

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2022, 11:43:17 PM »

And ze hightech stuffy!

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2022, 11:52:00 AM »

I just release a new mod called: Out of Place Characters
Hope you enjoy it <3

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2022, 03:45:22 AM »

The Domain of Man: I was going for something more highly technological and a little bit resembling the Tesseract ships. Hope you guys like it, it shall be in the next update!

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2022, 09:47:56 PM »

these are glorious. beautiful work!

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2022, 10:34:53 PM »

these are glorious. beautiful work!
Thank you awesome stranger! You rock and have a super amazing day ahead of you full of adventures!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 01:03:02 AM by Foxy »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2022, 12:16:37 AM »

The Domain Explorarium flag. I have one more flag to do and then the next update will roll in. Hold Tight and Snuggly!

To give a better insight. The Explorarium is the faction that expanded the Domain of Man, hence why it looks more armored and rough, and the red tint is meant to have in common with the Domain flag the symbolism of the Rising Sun!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 12:50:06 AM by Foxy »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2022, 04:06:05 AM »

Mbaye Gogol: Now these guys were screaming Commerce, and what better hologram symbol than a freaking Viking Commerce faction that its whereabouts are unknown!?

I found out there is one more flag to do, and that is the default player flag. When I am done with that I will roll the new release! Henjoy!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 04:07:40 AM by Foxy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5