Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.96a] Super Cool Faction Flags - get them while they are hot!  (Read 94079 times)

Foxy

• Commander
  • About me: I make simple mods ^__^
    • View Profile

Prologue: I was sitting on my bathroom throne and I was pondering what could I improve on this game to make life a better place in the Universe? And then my light bulb sparked on (there was no power in the house so I was doing all of this in the darkness) - and there was light! I give you all my handmade faction flags so you can be happy and destroy everything in sight while having pretty pictures to look at.
Download here:

If you want the SGV files to have some fun and improve upon my designs, click the icon bellow to download:

Spoiler
Update 1:The SGV is very messy as I did not bother to organize, since InkScape is a pain when it comes to layer management. I have organized the SGV a bit better so you guys can navigate it easier and because my OCD was screaming at me, but I did not bother to name stuff because.. I have a girlfriend! I decided to split all the flags into individual SGV files and make them better organized and happy. If you have it in your heart and you do use my designs, please throw a little credit my way, or at the very least take a lighten candle at 3 am in the middle of the woods and sacrifice some chocolate in the name of Nyarlathotep, son of Azathoth, while chanting: "IƤ Hastur cf'ayak'vulgtmm, vugtlagln vulgtmm". Bless your corrupted heart!
Update 2: Added 2 new flag factions (Ko-Combine and Ai Remnant) and edited the black-market image. For the black-market, since it is not a faction and is rather part of the colonies, I decided to use a sweet background image (author credits are in the files).

Update 3: Added flags for lowtech, midline, hightech and modified the hegemony and tritachion ones a bit! Three more minor factions left and I am done with the flags!

Update 4: I have finally finished my journey with the main faction flags. I added the Player Flag, Mbaye Gogol, The Domain Explorarium and The Domain of Man. Now begins my epic journey into the player colony flags, so be on the watch for that as well!

Update 5: I have completed the player flags (with the raw files, bla bla bla, you know the lyrics by now), have fun!
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 09:50:04 AM by Foxy »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Super Cool Factions - get them while they are hot!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 07:14:05 AM »

That's a damn good job you did there! I'm tempted to replace Vanillas with 'em.

Any plans to do renditions for the minor factions, Domain, Remnant, Explorarium,  KoC, Mbaye-Gogle, Eridani. They already have vanilla flags but not in your style. And not while you're on the throne...

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 07:19:48 AM »

That's a damn good job you did there! I'm tempted to replace Vanillas with 'em.

Any plans to do renditions for the minor factions, Domain, Remnant, Explorarium,  KoC, Mbaye-Gogle, Eridani. They already have vanilla flags but not in your style. And not while you're on the throne...

Thank you!

To be honest I haven't even noticed the other flags in the game, I just know they were there in the game file, so I'm not really sure how to approach those and what "personality" to give them. Maybe when the vanilla makes them more visible I can revisit them in more detail :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 07:22:24 AM by Foxy »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 07:31:53 AM »

I'm not really sure how to approach those and what "personality" to give them. Maybe when the vanilla makes them more visible I can revisit them in more detail :)

You could always make up your own personality or flick Alex a message, he recently updated their art so he must have something in mind...

Shamelessly dirty plug:
Spoiler
Alternatively, there's always my KoC you could cater for...  ;D
[close]

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 07:34:24 AM »

Fiiiiine, I will invent some nice flags in the near future for the minor factions ^__^

The things i do for you guys! You better bring flowers at my funeral.

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 02:13:12 PM »

INSTANT INSTALL.

Man, your design is perfect, some of most popular mods needs same redesign

caiodrago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 07:48:00 PM »

I've made a forum account just to give you props bud, great work you did here and I hope you expand on it!
Thank you so much!

I don't know if it'll fit in with other mod's factions but *** it, these look to good to pass up on haha.

I'll definitely be throwing Nyarlathotep some chocolate, eldritch horrors make for the best homies  8) (I definitely get some cosmic horror vibes from your luddic path/church banners, and I love it)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 07:53:16 PM by caiodrago »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 10:37:36 PM »

INSTANT INSTALL.

Man, your design is perfect, some of most popular mods needs same redesign

That's why I make my working material available, so others can be inspired and incorporate some new techniques under their bellies!

I've made a forum account just to give you props bud, great work you did here and I hope you expand on it!
Thank you so much!

I don't know if it'll fit in with other mod's factions but *** it, these look to good to pass up on haha.

I'll definitely be throwing Nyarlathotep some chocolate, eldritch horrors make for the best homies  8) (I definitely get some cosmic horror vibes from your luddic path/church banners, and I love it)

Welcome to the wild party. I am already working on expanding the minor factions, but I still need a bit of time to make my artistic wheels go into maximum gear! From what I have seen, other mod developers put a bit of effort in their designs as well, so it should be fine :)

Thank you guys, you are all epic!

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 04:16:33 AM »

I'm not really sure how to approach those and what "personality" to give them. Maybe when the vanilla makes them more visible I can revisit them in more detail :)

You could always make up your own personality or flick Alex a message, he recently updated their art so he must have something in mind...

Shamelessly dirty plug:
Spoiler
Alternatively, there's always my KoC you could cater for...  ;D
[close]

After reading a bit about the koc faction, it seems they are just a profitable manufacturer that used to be part of the Dominion before its downfall. So this is the best I could come up with:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 04:19:10 AM by Foxy »

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 04:42:00 AM »

I also added a cool new AI flag!

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 04:42:45 AM »

Ups, I mean this AI Flag! The AI from the previous post is too advanced for our life time!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:21:37 AM by Foxy »

caiodrago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »

Yeeeees!

Did you add 'em to the download folder? keep it up your madlad  8)

Foxy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2022, 10:11:07 PM »

Yeeeees!

Did you add 'em to the download folder? keep it up your madlad  8)
Yes, I will do the rest in the following days as I am getting a bit overwhelmed with real life work, but you shall catch them all!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2022, 11:01:58 PM »

I looked at the title and expected changes to factions and/or new factions, then i realized it's just some flags, kinda disappointed, you should say it's only flags in the title.
^^

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2022, 11:24:52 PM »

Ups, I mean this AI Flag! The AI from the above post is too advanced for our life time!

it's perfect
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5