Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.0 - 03/17/24  (Read 174759 times)

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.6 - 07/17/22 - Balance Update
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2022, 02:55:24 PM »

I installed flux void on a custom Onslaught since it has a tendency to rush in, over flux, and take a lot of damage. I'm a simulation the AI didn't seem to be aware of the secondary ability and would just flux normally through pressing V

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.6 - 07/17/22 - Balance Update
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2022, 07:56:56 AM »

Hello one and all. I apologize for being MIA for the last couple weeks. I was on a two week vacation (which I believed I mentioned in the CFT thread) and when I got back I was so overloaded with work that I had no time for play. I truly appreciate all the thoughts and ideas given to all my mods in my absence and I *should* be able to start working on updates by the weekend. I will be starting with changes to Hiver Swarm and working my way to the other two faction mods as well as some ideas for Ore Refinery (no ETA on those just know they are on my to-do list)

I will give more detailed feedback once I have time to go through all the replies on all my mods and get back to you all.

Thank you,
Dazs

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.7 - 09/14/22
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2022, 04:06:39 PM »

Version 0.7 released today - Save Game compatible with 0.6

Some balance changes, error corrections, custom Tech/Manufacturer tags to all CFT weapons and Ships for easy sorting and a New player requested Ship - Changelog has all the details and can be found in the RAR or on the Forum front page (I redesigned the forum front page for an easier view)

I hope you enjoy the changes and I look forward to comments and suggestions so please keep them coming!

SirStargateur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2022, 09:48:07 AM »

Play for ~15 hours with this, Very very strong, maybe too much, Heavy railgun is overpower, freebooter is overpower insane tanking and dps and cheap, some CFT mod are overpower like "missile storage expansion" combined to "expanded missile racks".

I love it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:08:24 AM by SirStargateur »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2022, 10:35:46 AM »

Play for ~15 hours with this, Very very strong, maybe too much, Heavy railgun is overpower, CFT Bulinbruk is overpower insane tanking and dps and cheap, some CFT mod are overpower like "missile storage expansion" combined to "expanded missile racks".

I love it.
Hello there!

I "balanced" the railgun in an earlier patch but I am not quite satisficed about it so I am glad to get a feedback. I would appreciate just how you think it is OP so I can better focus on that aspect for the next update. I am unsure what you are referencing by CFT Bulinbruk so some clarity would be appreciated so I can look into it.

As to the hull mods, I had tinkered with the idea of making them exclusive but I firmly believe in giving players choices. All the hull mods in both JYD and CFT can stack with other hull mods from both vanilla and player made mods. This way a player could decide to stack them like you mention and make a super specialized ship. Conversely, another player could decide what means more to them and have the option to pick and choose and make a more balanced ship. At the end of day, I feel that giving a choice is better than being restrictive since this is a single player game and tastes vary.

Thank you for the feedback and the kind words at the end :)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2022, 02:19:23 PM »

You are still using my art in your kitbashes. Can you please not?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2022, 02:54:43 PM »

You are still using my art in your kitbashes. Can you please not?
MesoTroniK,

I apologize if that is the case but I am unaware of any use other than what I was able to gather on Spiral Arms, Spiral arms 2 and the #spiral-arms channel on spaceport Corvus discord. If you would kindly list the images that are in question I will address them.

Thank you

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2022, 05:26:22 PM »

The things from Tiandong Heavy Industries that are bashed into your sprites are not in Spiral Arms, nor have they ever been or ever will... That being said, every instance of "long hazard stripe" is from THI. But whatever, that is an incredibly generic thing and you can keep it. But you could do yourself a favor and paint over them a bit so the imperfections and rust are not obviously tiling where you made them longer (and also obviously from THI).

That ship however took the entire center section from the Nanzhong and is not ok. The bridge and turret mount behind it.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2022, 07:04:09 PM »

The things from Tiandong Heavy Industries that are bashed into your sprites are not in Spiral Arms, nor have they ever been or ever will... That being said, every instance of "long hazard stripe" is from THI. But whatever, that is an incredibly generic thing and you can keep it. But you could do yourself a favor and paint over them a bit so the imperfections and rust are not obviously tiling where you made them longer (and also obviously from THI).

That ship however took the entire center section from the Nanzhong and is not ok. The bridge and turret mount behind it.

Thank you for the clarification. The hazard stripes were taken from which was a ship I used in JYD but eventually replaced since people thought it was too janky.
It can also be found on which I use a kitbashed version on JYD
Also the which I have used parts from on other ships. All can be sourced on Spiral arms 2.

As to the center section, I know on the initial release the Clipper (the ship in question) had in fact used Tiadong assets on it's sides and after I posted the main picture on the forum I realized what I did and immediately re-kitbashed the ship:

Had to do a quick hotfix - Should be save game compatible to initial release
refrences the changelog:
V 0.1a - Should be save game compatible
      -Received a PM regarding a conflict crash and had to do a quick hotfix
      -Updated the graphic on the Clipper - I accidently left a nono sprite and only noticed when I posted the op picture - my bad sorry

I had that changed and posted before you initial posting on april 15. At which point you reviewed my change and gave your OK.

I am unsure where I got that center section as I made that ship months ago but it is most likely a left over from the initial non no on my part (since it is the same ship in question) but neither you nor I caught that part of the ship after I re-made it back in April.

I will happily touch up the sections in question as I respect your work and opinions. I will look up the Nanzhong and ensure my final revision looks nothing like it. I am currently working on a promised update for JYD but as soon as I get the time I will update CFT with the changed ship but that it may take until mid next week to get out. I do hope that time frame is acceptable and if not, please let me know and I will move my schedule around and do a quick and dirty kitbash and have it out ASAP.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I again tender my apology.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2022, 08:04:09 PM »

I mean, I can do a pixel by pixel analysis if you want 100% proving the stripes are from my work not your examples but I literally don't really care about the stripes.

I am unsure where I got that center section as I made that ship months ago but it is most likely a left over from the initial non no on my part (since it is the same ship in question) but neither you nor I caught that part of the ship after I re-made it back in April.

I literally haven't looked at this thread for like half a year. I simply got on with my life after you said you would fix the offending bits and took that at face value. And like take your time doing it, is no rush but I would advise probably not keeping other mods in your sprite sheet workspace unless you are really cognizant about what you are bashing form.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2022, 04:17:31 AM »

I stayed up last night and replaced the entire center section with parts sourced from Spiral arms 2

Please let me know if there are any lingering issues I missed and I will correct them. I will have a patch with the new sprite along with other changes to the mod released no later than Wednesday.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.8 - 09/27/22
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2022, 10:23:03 AM »

v0.8 released today - v0.7 Save Compatible

Mostly maintenance changes with some player suggested tweaks - Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has the details

RegentMaxa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2022, 10:09:20 PM »

Lo' there!

Made an account just to ask what the behavior of the Firestorm MIRV Launcher is for the AI; I have 3 of em' on a Starslayer from Luddic Enhancement (I think...) but in battle they just refuse to use them unless I tie them in with another weapon in the group.

To be clear the AI will, very rarely, use them when the opponent's shields are down or they are overloaded. However most of the time I have to use a 1000 range fast firing gun so that the AI will actually use the missiles more then 2 times a fight.
Is this due to the Explosive damage type, so the AI will only use them when there is armor or exposed hull available to hit?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2022, 02:43:33 AM »

Lo' there!

Hi there, hello back at you!
Made an account just to ask what the behavior of the Firestorm MIRV Launcher is for the AI; I have 3 of em' on a Starslayer from Luddic Enhancement (I think...) but in battle they just refuse to use them unless I tie them in with another weapon in the group.

First off, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to make an account just to ask a question about CFT, I appreciate the effort.
Is this due to the Explosive damage type, so the AI will only use them when there is armor or exposed hull available to hit?
You are essentially correct, it is a behavior of explosive missiles and torpedoes to priority target exposed ships. I also have them flagged with the AI tag STRIKE which means that the AI will only use them against ships destroyer-size or above. I did that so as to not waste a high OP weapon on easy targets and I'll add that to the description in a future update to make it clear.
To be clear the AI will, very rarely, use them when the opponent's shields are down or they are overloaded. However most of the time I have to use a 1000 range fast firing gun so that the AI will actually use the missiles more then 2 times a fight.
Alex explains the coded behavior of STRIKE weapons in this post https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=23636.0
Basically, the AI will not fire a strike weapon more than once every so often and takes it's time to line up the perfect shot which can be time consuming on an agile enemy. I recommend at least skimming his replies on the thread to get a better understanding of his thoughts on the matter.

For a comparison I do have the Inferno MIRV, the smaller explosive, set as a standard missile so you will see a difference when that is equipped. I enjoy missile combat and wanted to give a couple options in the mod for it but I too find it frustrating at times. As I look into it, perhaps having STRIKE on the Firestorm MIRV isn't the best tag since it has a good amount of ammo. You have me thinking and I appreciate that, I'll give the entire missile lineup a once over for the next update. Thank you for the comment.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2022, 12:22:15 PM »

Hey great work with the mod!
I found an issue or not i don't know maybe it is intended but Basilisk got huge impact effect when hitting target
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21