Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: [0.97a] Carter's Freetraders - V 2.1 - 04/04/24  (Read 182586 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.3a - 05/09/22
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2022, 01:00:17 PM »

v0.3a -Minor change save game compatible
   -Changed the version file to reflect the topic being moved to the big boy MOD forum :)

I put it though a couple rounds of testing and it *should* be 100%. However I am always open to suggestions, comments or complaints so keep 'em coming!

Kris_xK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2022, 10:59:02 PM »

Looks like King's Cove has both "population_7" and "population_6" conditions.

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2022, 09:58:25 AM »

Thank you for the cool mod. Amazing ship designs :)
Can you check the stats of the following ships/weapons?

- The Barque Destroyer have OP of Destroyer but stats of a (heavy) frigate and it only cost 5 maintenance and deployment. Thats a little bit low in my opinion.
- Barkentine carrier has three fighter bays (description say two) incl. reserve deployment and cost only 10 supply/points. So its very similar to the Naruebet carrier but this ship has two fighter bays. So the Barkentine is superior over the vanilla Condor light carrier - except the buying cost.
- The Basilisk weapon have a flux cost of 1184 per second. Is this a typo? :D
- I will check the Shredder next. It could make the Heavy Needler obsolet while beeing cheaper at the same time.

Maybe I overlooked something?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2022, 10:37:50 AM »

Looks like King's Cove has both "population_7" and "population_6" conditions.

Ty It'll be fixed tonight along with some other changes just one of my many bonehead errors :)

Thank you for the cool mod. Amazing ship designs :)
Can you check the stats of the following ships/weapons?

- The Barque Destroyer have OP of Destroyer but stats of a (heavy) frigate and it only cost 5 maintenance and deployment. Thats a little bit low in my opinion.
- Barkentine carrier has three fighter bays (description say two) incl. reserve deployment and cost only 10 supply/points. So its very similar to the Naruebet carrier but this ship has two fighter bays. So the Barkentine is superior over the vanilla Condor light carrier - except the buying cost.
- The Basilisk weapon have a flux cost of 1184 per second. Is this a typo? :D
- I will check the Shredder next. It could make the Heavy Needler obsolet while beeing cheaper at the same time.

Maybe I overlooked something?

Good points, thank you for taking the time to let me know. First off I'd just like to say I am so glad you like the ships. This faction was my best effort at taking what I learned making ships for my other faction mods and releasing a full Dazs kitbash collection. I'll give the ship stats a once over tonight. As to the weapons, I think I went a little overboard with them by making so many at once and I probably did not balance them as well as I could have. I am currently working on adding UI tags to the weapons (pointed out by Shadow Rune on discord) so I'll address your comments as I go. I *should* have a patch out later tonight.

I really appreciate both your comments. All my mods are a cooperative effort and I was hoping for posts like this. It is sometimes difficult to see the trees for the forest, so to speak, and overlook what should have been obvious errors.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.35 - 05/10/22
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2022, 04:26:52 PM »

As promised v0.35 released today

Some balance changes and two graphic improvements, changelog on the OP and in the RAR have the details. Big thank you to Kris_xK, Zoro89 and Shadow Rune for their help in beta testing!

I hope you all enjoy the changes and please keep those comments coming if you have any!

polkageist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.35 - 05/10/22
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2022, 10:04:38 AM »

Path and filename errors.

cft/icons/cargo/cft_blueprint.png should exist, doesn't. I think it's a weird dupe beween CFT/icons/cargo and cft/icons/cargo where both paths need to exist but only one is used.
CFT_zeroflux.png should be cft_zeroflux.png

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a]Carter's Freetraders - V 0.35a - 05/11/22
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 10:37:27 AM »

Quick hotfix uploaded today fixing the above error that polkageist was kind enough to let me know about. I really need to find a way to test my code under Linux in Win 10/11 it seems to a re-occurring issue with my mods, sorry about that.

@polkageist - I see this was your first forum post. I really appreciate you going to the effort of making an account to report it. Added you to my list of Beta testers :)

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2022, 10:45:43 AM »

Will be giving them a go in a run where i've stripped the more egregious non-vanilla factions from play, and this looks like it will fit a niche that I would usually use Roiders Union for, but they are more armor focused and I love me a good strong shield. Have you considered using the new IndEvo Alcoholism to add your own period-accurate brew to the game? I noticed you have a deep emphasis on the real life history, hell the story about the recover of tea could make for a good tie-in, instead of alchohol they sell tea or something? Idk, just a rambling thought. Excited to try this out, the more midline, the better.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 11:01:29 AM »

Will be giving them a go in a run where i've stripped the more egregious non-vanilla factions from play, and this looks like it will fit a niche that I would usually use Roiders Union for, but they are more armor focused and I love me a good strong shield.
Roiders Union is a great faction mod, I applauded your taste!
Have you considered using the new IndEvo Alcoholism to add your own period-accurate brew to the game?
I do use IndEvo main mod and am aware of the alcohol mod but haven't tried it yet but I'll give it an install once I'm done with the JYD patch I'm working on.
I noticed you have a deep emphasis on the real life history, hell the story about the recover of tea could make for a good tie-in, instead of alchohol they sell tea or something? Idk, just a rambling thought. Excited to try this out, the more midline, the better.
All my faction mods have a common theme to them and I do my best to keep the lore consistent. John Carter is a distant relative on my Mother's side and I had a lot of midline looking ships laying around that needed some love and a good home and voila here we are. ;) As to the custom commodity, I could see tea or rum since both would be period correct. I'll give some thought about adding it and maybe modifying the colony structure to produce it. You got me thinking and I appreciate that.

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2022, 11:47:50 AM »

Oh, ***, I didn't even realize you did the JYD mod, until I went to just check my replies and my only responses(I do not post much at all) were from you on separate posts. I ran that mod forever until I started running some high tech playthroughs and took a break from Starsector and wanted to use some of the new factions. I love pretty much all it's frigates and the Intelligent is a beautiful little boat. I remember having to swear off your hullmods though. The one that added range to sensors was incredibly strong in combination with Extra Systems Reloaded. I'd end up with four ships that could do every single thing I needed, while being borderline invisible and able to see everything. Good times, I never missed a single salvage opportunity with the all-seeing eyes.

Kris_xK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2022, 12:43:34 PM »

the Intelligent is a beautiful little boat.

Its my favorite too, I always grab 2-3 at the beginning of a run, regardless of what I'm doing.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2022, 01:17:02 PM »

Oh, ***, I didn't even realize you did the JYD mod, until I went to just check my replies and my only responses(I do not post much at all) were from you on separate posts. I remember having to swear off your hullmods though. The one that added range to sensors was incredibly strong in combination with Extra Systems Reloaded. I'd end up with four ships that could do every single thing I needed, while being borderline invisible and able to see everything. Good times, I never missed a single salvage opportunity with the all-seeing eyes.
I understand that sentiment. I designed JYD to be self sufficient if a player wanted to only use JYD assets I did my best to provide every kind of ship and hullmod they would need. I know that if you stack hullmods from other authors you can really OP a ship but I figured I would give players the choice whether or not to do that rather than make it for them.
the Intelligent is a beautiful little boat.

Its my favorite too, I always grab 2-3 at the beginning of a run, regardless of what I'm doing.
Nice thank you, I like it so much myself that I made a Q version of it for JYD as well :)

rawkhawklives

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2022, 02:58:25 PM »

Right, so I have played with it for a few hours and I believe someone mentioned the weapon flux values all being a little wonky, but it is super noticeable on the Super Ship start. Likely just oversight errors, multiple frag pds have flux costs in the 1000/sec range for equivalent damage (Culverin has 1.07 flux/dam at 1.5k damage and like 1.6k flux/sec) They all seem to be of the same design philosophy of the vulcan pushed to its limits and I assume they should work more in line with something like your Fog of War frag pd at a much more reasonable .25 flux/dam? As it stands, the super ship start comes with a ship whose stock flux loadout is 6k weapon flux/sec with 2k dissipation at 50 vents. That was a funny start tbh. The weapons have some weird spots overall on that ship.

Auto Cannon: The Auto Cannon feels like a weapon meant exclusively for stations and AI and has massive damage. 3k effective range is funny, very very funny, but also means as a player, you can't realistically use that weapon range due to actual view range in combat, so what purpose is served by having it so high? The extremely low flux cost suggests just leaving it on autofire to snipe frigates? Is it meant to abuse small ships AI and dissuade engagement at all? That would fit the long-range commander vibe, for sure. Just seems excessive to me. Otherwise, I like that the ammo count theoretically means you can get in trouble if you increase fire-rate, but that is completely obseleted by something like extended mags or some hullmod out of the very popular MHM. On top of starting with 100 ammo, it means that consequence will only happen late into a very, very large fight if you're manually firing in any way. There isn't much semblance to Vanilla or typical modded balance with a 3k range weapon, even if it is a super weapon. 30 OP is a wise choice for cost, since it has so much going for it and is expensive to mount, but .25 flux/dam on an HE weapon? Big numbers, all around.

Dart-Gun/Shredder: These two I want to call strong, but when I compare them to vanilla counter-parts, I cant. Maybe the Shredder? But I don't see it being anything other than a neat side-grade. Trading range and accuracy for a bit of efficiency in the Dart-Gun, and losing some efficiency and accuracy for massive range on the Shredder. I like this, opening up build flexibility on a lot of ships with these options. I question the 1x3 emp for the Dart Gun. It's cool, it's flavor, but its simply too weak. Maybe the visuals make it worth it? I dunno, I like it, but don't understand it. Even slaving it to IPDAI for the light emp to affect missiles seems like a waste considering its now a 150 flux kinetic pd gun for missiles.

Volley Rockets: Holy *** what an insane kinetic shotgun. The 5/s fire rate means you will churn through the ammo fast, even with its 250 capacity, but that is some insane value on 75 kinetic damage a missile in a small slot for 5 OP. 5 OP is Salamander tier btw. I will be abusing this with ESR so hard, every ship will have a missile Commanders *** Kinetic down every other fleet's throat. Hundreds of dumbfire Micromissile making an impenetrable kinetic wall. The sheer amount of PD screening these guys do is absurd. Wow, I think they need a nerf, bad, but will be sad to see them go.

Wavemotion/Waveburst: Sick, awesome, cool. Wavemotion is an HE Beam Side/Upgrade. More Flux, but more HE beam damage, theoretically you would be able to use it less, since you're stripping copious amounts of armor off. The whole wave series feels like very competent sidegrades and more-over, they are just cool. I don't have any complaints, they are just neat.

Other than that, Prussia station is incredibly decked out. Wow, they look like one of my late-game colonies minus my Access Control Planetary Shield to stop Pather problems. The Path is gonna eat that place alive eventually. Balance and quality is in-line with JYD, visually exceeding it in some places. This is a good mod, I like it. I look forward to tinkering with it even more over the next few play sessions.

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2022, 10:08:15 PM »

Question: Can I add this into a game in progress?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2022, 01:59:02 AM »

Question: Can I add this into a game in progress?

Sort of. It will not crash your game but, to my knowledge, a mod faction's home system will only appear after a new game sector generation. Their assets are mainly sold in their planet and station marketplaces but their ships can appear in black markets and some mods like ED shipyards may have them for sale since it pulls from all assets.

Soooo TLDR Yes but not really :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22