Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.96a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v1.1.0  (Read 220670 times)

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v0.8
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2022, 03:05:22 AM »

Haven't run into much of the AI stuff from here yet.  But Exegetes is incredibly annoying in similar ways.

It has the speed and maneuverability of a Hound, the tankiness of a Lasher, and the firepower of a small destroyer.  It outruns anything without Safety Overrides while also outlasting them - and anything WITH Safety Overrides will start screaming about combat malfunctions right around the time they finally catch up to it.  It is ridiculous and stupid and, especially, extremely annoying to play against.  Either you swarm it with fighters or you just wait - and wait, and wait - until its CR runs out.  Often the first option ends up turning into the second.  Of the two dozen or so times I've done the Persean weapons test mission, I think I've gotten an in-combat kill on this thing exactly once, and only because I had overwhelming force; every other time it either gets away clear or is killed in pursuit by my second. 

At the very least, cut the peak performance time down to about 90 seconds.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2022, 02:12:30 PM »

Is it necessary to score on the "In search of the Ark" mission before starting a new game? Or are those changes dynamic.

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2022, 07:09:14 PM »

What is the EMP Charges? Is that something I can deploy?

Nevermind...It belonged to the PD Arc Emitter

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 08:09:49 PM by Donahue »

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v0.8.1
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2022, 05:12:20 PM »

Update 0.8.1
Save Compatible

v0.8.1
- New [REDACTED]

-- Fixed repeated custom start addition issue.

- Exegetes
-- Top speed reduced from 160 to 120
-- Armour reduced from 350 to 300
-- Base shield upkeep increased from 500 to 550

- Lustre
-- Hull reduced from 6000 to 5500
-- Base shield upkeep increased from 140 to 175

- Pulsed Ion Beam
-- Arc rate increased
-- Arc damage reduced

- Formia Emitter
- Adaptive Burst
-- Projectile VFX improved
-- OnHit effect tweaked

- Electromagnetic Flux Stabiliser
-- VFX tweaked

----

Possible bug fix for the next update:
Bug solved.

Love the mod and most of the ships. But damn that one redacted destroyer seems to have the flux stats of a battleship with the speed of a frigate. Killed so many of my cruisers by itself :P
Surprised me more than the dorito boys the first time I fought it cause it was so inconspicuous.
Applied a nerf to the Lustre, it's working as designed, but i think it was slightly overtuned.

Haven't run into much of the AI stuff from here yet.  But Exegetes is incredibly annoying in similar ways.
I've reduced some of its stats, so it should be a bit less annoying to deal with.

Is it necessary to score on the "In search of the Ark" mission before starting a new game? Or are those changes dynamic.
The ships are spawned when the game generates the sector, so yes you have to get a high-score in the mission before starting a new game to get the better salvage.

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2022, 02:28:43 AM »

Lustre is definitely overtuned :D   i've been using it as my test ship since it happens to come up on the first panel of the ship select, but goddamn is that thing tough.

Just wanted to say, though, love the mod!

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2022, 02:35:41 PM »

The Spawn weights for some of your High Tech ships (Invigilator, Velox, Peluda) are quite high and drown out other high tech ships in Tri-Tach fleets especially.

603bill

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2022, 01:51:37 AM »

Has anybody actually beaten Pocketful of Rainbows legitimately?  Because for me, every attempt gets ended by a cruiser burning in off screen, getting pummeled by a million sprockets, or being stuck in an endless loop of fighting off fighter waves.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2022, 08:58:03 PM »

That's the Transparence destroyer, right?  As I wrote earlier, I did, not too much trouble once I knew about shift-click to aim the ship, and also refitting at start to have a front shield conversion rather than omni (less to worry about in the heat of battle).  Also I cheesed with the map edges a fair bit.  If you get right up on the edge and the AI ships are not in close combat with you, they will back off at their best speed.  Then you can move in a bit, find the fastest/nearest one, and burn it down.  Repeat.  Also, while you're sitting on the edge and the AI ships are all backing away from you, that means they're spreading out, so you can pick out wherever the carrier is and zoom in and take it out once you've cleared the field a bit.

The main thing is to pick out a ship, move in on it, use the ship system to zoom in the last little bit and blast away at it with your turret (manual, but fires homing weapons) until it dies, then back off, vent flux, let your ship system recharge, repeat.  I think also right at the start there's a tendency for one of the cruisers to try zooming right at you at top speed and if you handle things right you can burn it down very quickly, even before any of the frigates - when it's zooming at you its shields are down, so you can do a lot of damage then.  If you take it out fast, that helps clear the field a bit. 

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Amazigh's Ship Foundry v0.9
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2023, 01:29:06 PM »

Update 0.9
Save Compatible

v0.9
- New Ship
-- Triarii

- New Wing
-- Downfall Assault Fighter

- Revizor
-- Flux Dissipation reduced from 160 to 150
-- Flux Capacity reduced from 4500 to 4000
-- Shield Upkeep increased from 32 to 60

- Lanner
-- Acceleration increased from 30 to 40

- Niteo
-- Changed hulltype from Cruiser to Destroyer
-- Hull reduced from 7500 to 6500
-- Armour reduced from 750 to 700
-- Max flux reduced from 10000 to 9000
-- Flux Dissipation lowered from 700 to 600
-- OP reduced from 135 to 115
-- Speed increased from 70 to 75
-- Mass reduced from 2000 to 750
-- Cargo Capacity reduced from 80 to 60
-- Fuel Capacity reduced from 90 to 60
-- Fuel/LY reduced from 3 to 2
-- Base Value reduced from 240000 to 200000
-- Peak CR time reduced from 540 to 420
-- Deployment Cost reduced from 30 to 25
-- Engine repair rate bonus lowered from 50% to 40%
-- Added engine glows to vector thrusters
--- Akva Vit Graviton Missiles
---- New Weapon Sprite (with thanks to nia tahl)
---- Damage reduced from 50 to 30
---- Burst Size increased from 16 to 24
---- Reload time from 10 seconds to 9 seconds
---- Slightly lower per-burst damage, but DPS is unchanged

- Plasma Burster
-- Sprite Updated
-- Damage increased from 50 to 60
-- Burst size reduced from 6 to 5
-- Spread changed to a fixed pattern rather than random.
-- Trail VFX added

- Lerna MDEM
-- Improved MIRV behaviour, rear projectile should perform more reliably

- Contradict Rocket Artillery
-- Reload time reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds

- Omer Spread Missiles
-- OP cost reduced from 6 to 5

- Electromagnetic Flux Stabiliser
-- Overload duration bonus reduced from 60% to 50%
-- Instantaneous flux dissipation lowered from 20% to 15%

- Slightly lowered fleet spawnrates for Velox/Invigilator/Peluda

----

The Spawn weights for some of your High Tech ships (Invigilator, Velox, Peluda) are quite high and drown out other high tech ships in Tri-Tach fleets especially.
They shouldn't have been, as they had lower rates than comparable vanilla ships, but i've tweaked them down a bit from there.

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2023, 09:34:51 PM »

Are there any ways that I could get the Auditor's bp?
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2023, 01:58:49 AM »

@GreyEisenwolf the thing that often worked for me was using console commands and typing: addspecial ship_bp shipname

afaik it doesn't work with all ships but its worth a try..

GreyEisenwolf

• Ensign
  • I need help
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2023, 07:01:23 AM »

That was what I did (Because I deadbutt forgot about doing the bounty to get 2 auditors and 1 revi to the point it expired)
but I want to acquire the blueprints as in my recent run, I really don't want to cheat as much)
Battle Carrier Enthusiast | Frigate spammer | Monitor, the immovable pebble | Ludd's 1# Drug Smuggler | Andrada's Worse Gas Station employee he's ever had | Doritos Cool Ranch flavor is better than Nacho cheese, you can't change my mind.

koprus

• Ensign
  • Just noob mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2023, 03:03:50 AM »

A must have mod, great job!. Some feedback, Lustre and especially niteo need a serious tonedown, even a fury doesnt even have even a slightest a chance against them, especially the Niteo. Those two make early encounters with them an instant game load. There is simply no chance of winning.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2023, 03:13:26 AM »

Those two make early encounters with them an instant game load. There is simply no chance of winning.

At least a mod with some good Remnant ships, and you suggest to ruin it, Remnants supposed to be challenging. Only thing I would suggest, is revert Niteo back from destroyer to cruiser, it was pretty much cruiser-tier ship both armament wise and by visual size.

I like both Arkships and Remnant ships in this mod, if they will be toned down it would be a shame.

Yawb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2023, 10:19:27 AM »

I started a new playthrough and literally cannot find a single scarab in the shop, there always seems to be be 5+ or more invigilator's for sale at any given time. For example, Culaan had 9 of this ship for sale!!

My test wasn't that in depth; but if i make a new save, and use Stellar Networks mod to search for "scarabs" for sale i get none; without this mod, 1 - 2 + scarabs for sale. I'm assuming this could be making other ships harder to aquire too but i do not know.

I have the latest version.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 10:40:02 AM by Yawb »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9