Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Substance.Abuse 1.1.b - Consumable Alcohol  (Read 118334 times)

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Substance.Abuse 1.0.h - Consumable Alcohol
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2022, 11:45:33 AM »

How can I get my faction to produce hangover cure? Does the brewery start doing that itself once built and operational or do I need something else?

I ask because some factions can produce hangover cure through their light industry and I'm jelly as mine don't and it's annoying cuz population centers still demand it.

As a suggestion, it would be cool if population center's demanded alcohol that your breweries produce, with fulfilled demand having bonuses on the colony depending on alcohol that's available. (Prometheus gift gives small accessibility bonus cuz everyone's gassed up, or phoenix stout adds +1 stability or whatever you feel like doing).

Edit: The brewery does not produce its own cure so idk how I'm supposed to make hangover cure locally.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 04:08:06 PM by Droll »

ThatFolfy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2022, 12:14:41 PM »

It seems like I've found a bug, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have raided some planets for their booze, and that seems to have worked fine, however stealing the recipe from Sindrian Diktat and the Luddic Path resulted in their breweries no longer working.

I have also raided their spaceports immediately afterwards, so I thought that might be the reason, but about a cycle later they still don't make their booze. Some is still being made by the population, but 530 available vs a demand of 2000 isn't exactly healthy.

I assume that is not the intended behaviour, in which case would anyone be willing to help me with some sort of a workaround before it gets properly patched? I think that selling the recipe on the open market would just result in the recipe being lost forever, so haven't tried that. I'm using Console Commands and am willing to edit the save-file if need be, but I could use some directions.

If that is the intended behaviour, however, I would strongly argue for making this into a togglable setting - the vision of an entire production line for Phoenix Stout going ooga-booga because some spacer nobody stole the copyright-protected recipe, and the whole process was so bureaucratized that no-one actually knew how to make it is incredibly funny and par for the course in the Sector, but also incredibly dumb - you'd think that at least the Luddic Church would have a couple of old cooters keeping their recipe memorized, and overall it doesn't make much sense for the whole process to stop just because a copy of the recipe was stolen, even if it was the only one.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2022, 02:43:41 PM »

It seems like I've found a bug, but I'm not entirely sure.

I have raided some planets for their booze, and that seems to have worked fine, however stealing the recipe from Sindrian Diktat and the Luddic Path resulted in their breweries no longer working.

I have also raided their spaceports immediately afterwards, so I thought that might be the reason, but about a cycle later they still don't make their booze. Some is still being made by the population, but 530 available vs a demand of 2000 isn't exactly healthy.

I assume that is not the intended behaviour, in which case would anyone be willing to help me with some sort of a workaround before it gets properly patched? I think that selling the recipe on the open market would just result in the recipe being lost forever, so haven't tried that. I'm using Console Commands and am willing to edit the save-file if need be, but I could use some directions.

If that is the intended behaviour, however, I would strongly argue for making this into a togglable setting - the vision of an entire production line for Phoenix Stout going ooga-booga because some spacer nobody stole the copyright-protected recipe, and the whole process was so bureaucratized that no-one actually knew how to make it is incredibly funny and par for the course in the Sector, but also incredibly dumb - you'd think that at least the Luddic Church would have a couple of old cooters keeping their recipe memorized, and overall it doesn't make much sense for the whole process to stop just because a copy of the recipe was stolen, even if it was the only one.
Recipies work just any other colony items - if you sell them on the open or military market of the colony that has a structure/industry that could use it, it would do so immediately after transaction. So you could sell these back on the markets with empty brewery to make them operate again.

ThatFolfy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2022, 09:13:40 AM »

Recipies work just any other colony items - if you sell them on the open or military market of the colony that has a structure/industry that could use it, it would do so immediately after transaction. So you could sell these back on the markets with empty brewery to make them operate again.

Alright, yeah, that actually works. Wasn't sure if those recipes were implemented in the same way as nanoforges and such, since you can right-click on them like a blueprint. So I can raid a planet with brewery for their recipe, then sell it back to the suckers and give myself the recipe through Console Commands for now, I suppose. Not exactly an ideal solution, especially for dealing with hostile factions, but it will do for now, thanks ;)

LordKhorne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2022, 04:24:25 PM »

great mod, incredible fun to play with but wheres is the "orbital bombardment" it's the one in lore drink we know of and it's absence is noted 0/10 do not download

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2022, 11:57:04 AM »

I'd also like to know how to acquire the production capability for Hangover Cures on Light Industries.
I almost glassed a small population to patch up the small upkeep hole on my colonies.

Edit: Oddly enough, the colonies that I have given autonomy (with Light Industry built) produce Hangover Cures (4 units at Size 6, no items or cores).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:40:37 PM by S7 »

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2022, 10:02:22 PM »

Sir, could you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org) with your author infomation?
I wish to get source code by email from you.
My email is [email protected] .

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Substance.Abuse 1.0.i - Consumable Alcohol
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2022, 08:38:39 AM »

Save Compatible

Pairs well with Industrial.Evolution

No longer re-sorts your entire inventory when opening it, and also fixed a crash.
There was a dude complaining about the hangover cure demand that this added to a player colony - it now only applies when an active brewery is present in the player faction.

But I really gotta say, if that's the thing that breaks the camels back for you...

Change Log
1.0.i
  • Adjusted - Hangover Cure demand now only applies to player colonies if there is an active brewery
  • Adjusted - No longer re-sorts your inventory (Alcohol will still change position, sorry!)
  • Fixed - Prom. Gift Tooltip maneuverability mult now shows correct value
  • Fixed - Crash with OP stripper (thanks Wisp!)
[close]

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2022, 10:58:02 AM »

what happens if the world that contains a recipe gets decivilized? is the recipe lost forever?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2022, 11:38:13 AM »

yup, it gets lost!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2022, 11:43:54 AM »

SakuraMai_Enka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2022, 11:41:37 PM »

Hmmm...I tried changing the settings file so I can use 2 types of alcohol at the same time but it seems the settings file is not taking effect?
After I drank both alcohols I still lost my location and there is still no message to indicate where my fleet is.
Fortunately I at least remembered where I was before I got drunk.
I was able to retrieve my fleet

Zuthal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2022, 04:04:40 PM »

what happens if the world that contains a recipe gets decivilized? is the recipe lost forever?

I assume you should be able to recover it via the console commands mod, using addItem, and looking in data/campaing/special_items.csv to see the internal names of the recipes.

ptcon23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2022, 11:22:29 PM »

I found an incompatibility between this mod and the Gundam UC mod.  When creating or loading a save, the game crashes with an error:

92470 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.alcoholism.conditions.AlcoholResourceCondition.unapplyNPC(AlcoholResourceCondition.java:61)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.alcoholism.conditions.AlcoholResourceCondition.unapply(AlcoholResourceCondition.java:41)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.reapplyConditions(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.econPostSaveRestore(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:1061)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.afterGameSave(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:1069)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.xD20000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

This seems to occur right after the sound manager stops the main menu music.  I have been able to reproduce this with just these mods and their dependencies.

Ibudoto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2022, 01:30:28 AM »

This mod randomly remove my hullmods when I load game saying my ships are OP deficit despite none of my ships in over OP or even has any alcohol. I'm playing with Fair S mods and UNGP.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7