Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Substance.Abuse 1.1.b - Consumable Alcohol  (Read 118539 times)

ParaNautic

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ah, I see, I do love seeing more tradeable items on the market, for example "food" is kind of boring, we know that the blue lobsters are OP versions of normal lobsters, so would they not do the same with cows? idk, they do not have to have a combat effected, I just want more stuff for trading and selling.

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there a consumption floor for if you have some how managed to get a skeleton crew of zero, or can you just run around on the same booze forever.

rabbistern

• Ensign
    • View Profile

thank you for supporting spaceship operation under influence, my glutemic acid is catalyzed and my GGT levels are going to the moon. unfathomably based mod

SakuraMai_Enka

• Ensign
    • View Profile

emmm.... I seem to understand why you said you can't quote multiple wines at the same time...my fleet...my last save was 3 hours ago.

Hahahahahahahaha
I am stupid

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

emmm.... I seem to understand why you said you can't quote multiple wines at the same time...my fleet...my last save was 3 hours ago.

Hahahahahahahaha
I am stupid
you will find your fleet alive and well where you left it :)

Check your intel, you'll find a new entry there.

SakuraMai_Enka

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hahahahahahahaha
I am stupid
you will find your fleet alive and well where you left it :)

Check your intel, you'll find a new entry there.

Well...maybe I got a bug and I didn't confirm any new entries, but...well, that's okay.

I'll try to go back and find my fleet, but for now, I've got a new recipe for my brewery, which isn't bad is it?

MechaRauser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ah, hi!
Umm...As I understand the withdrawals are supposed to be quite harsh, which is why there is the  hangover cure and all, but, well...uhhh

I'm not sure if I underestimated what harsh was supposed to mean here, or if something is going wrong, but my fleet is basically completely crippled in terms of movement after prometheus gift withdrawal.

It seems like instead of applying a -2 on burn level, it applies it multiple times...to each ship. Is this working as intended? If so, then that's aight, was just wondering...

https://imgur.com/a/mhG7Ytf
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 10:28:47 AM by MechaRauser »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

oh no that is absolutely not supposed to happen!
I'll fix it, but I might need until tomorrow evening - it's a bit hectic atm.

Very sorry!

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile

Might the Population production be added in less hacky way? Like adding some market condition to affected markets - that's how lobsters and bizantynum wine are handled. This would also make it easier to add modded faction planets like ones from Luddic Enchancement into booze economy.
Also what about franchising feature with Indevo? If you are friendly with some faction and have their working embassy on your planet, you could purchase franchise from the ambassador to produce small amount of their faction alcohol on that planet. For as long as they remain on planet and some monthly fee is payed. Oh and there could be some kind of cheap beer produced by modular manufactories with lesser effect of hangover cure - merely suppressing it's effects for as long as you got some cheap booze to consume.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

The population production is not hacky at all - it is handled in the cleanest way possible, via an automatically applied hidden condition. The difference to wine and lobster is that it is not visible, gets auto-applied to all planets, and handles all alcohol demands/supply instead of just a specific one.

It also auto-works on any faction planet added by mods. If a planet belongs to a specific faction, it will produce the alcohol belonging to that faction, regardless of mod-added or not.

Your suggestion reg. Hangover Beer doesn't work, as all addictions and withdrawals are handled seperately. Don't think of the substances as alcohol, think "Meth" and "MDMA" - you can use one and have withdrawal for the other at the same time - that is how this mod works.

I will return to develop this mod when my current roadmap for IndEvo is done. Thank you for the suggestions! :)

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile

Awesome mod will use it in my every run :D
Only one problem. As a beer enjoyer and brewer it causes me physical pain that the phoenix STOUT is not brown in colour. Pls either change the name or the colour.

Hotpics

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I will return to develop this mod when my current roadmap for IndEvo is done. Thank you for the suggestions! :)

Your Idea or rather the concept I have in my conversion of the game.

The Orc's have their "Fungus Beer" which increases combat ability, is used when ships are deployed, but recovery takes bit longer after combat.
The organic Aliens raid for minerals and population, the latter is tunred into Biomass.
(Yes .. Human or Alien Meat is available on the Blackmarket)

Lets look for a Jungle / Waterworld / Continental World
Lets assume that world has a condition "Monster Presence" or "Vast Mountain Ranges" or "Versitile Fauna".("Krakeninfested"/ "Seamonsters" / "Dinosaurs").
So one can build a "Hunting Industry" in addition. It will generate normal food too but with the occasional rare meats, or only rare meats with a low rate.
However every now and then your Agent will inform you that the "Hunting Season" begins and one can go hunting.
One should bring alot of military personal to do so, similar like a ground operation.

Of course .. this could be done in a similar fasion for the Redacted .. lets say that Industries that uses AI Cores generate "Scrap Code", every now and then, that Errors out if used.
Maybe the Redacted gets addicted to those Errors and will pay top dollar to get thos scrapcodes and "consume" them.

Or even you could add an Indstury that mutates the Fauna on a Planet to be these abhorent creatures.

PS:
Its fun to see a "Mutated Raptor" to shred through 10k Marines / 4 Dreadnoughts / 2 Warhound Titans, even thoe my winnig chance was around 99.9%.
:/ Maybe i should have never introduced Genelabs into my Planet. :/

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Awesome mod will use it in my every run :D
Only one problem. As a beer enjoyer and brewer it causes me physical pain that the phoenix STOUT is not brown in colour. Pls either change the name or the colour.
oh no! But it has to be gold, and Phoenix Stout is such a good name for a hegemony beer :(
I'll change it if you beat me in a drinking contest!

mad ramblings
hwat
maybe lay off the drugs juuuust a tad

jlrperkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile

right mate, so where's the tricked-out Prometheus with the fuel tanks repurposed for booze transportation? And a unique booze-related hullmod to go with it...

Kaokasalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Does the remnants also get a drink variant? If it needs a lore reason then it could be that its a diluted cooling fluid or that Tri-Tachyon were just wealthy enough to make their war machines also be capable enough to serve drinks.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 11:19:19 AM by Kaokasalis »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7