Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Campaign Fleet size shrink; Logistics UI unresponsive  (Read 517 times)

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Campaign Fleet size shrink; Logistics UI unresponsive
« on: April 02, 2022, 07:41:40 PM »

I run a late-game campaign with 100+ mods with the latest JV8 installed (8gb alloc) to cope with the strain. So far, my game runs smoothly most of the time, with the game eventually doing a hard crash if I push my luck and do a 400dp fleet battle more than once without me saving and restarting the game entirely after the battle; I more or less have accepted these conditions, currently.

Usually (through mods) I run with a 900+dp fleet with 30+ ships in tow. But as of late I have run into an issue that I don't think this forum has yet encountered:

When I saved and loaded the game, my campaign fleet size had completely shrunk to its smallest radius (as if I have only 1 ship in my fleet), my logistics counter no longer reacts to me shuffling my ships at the Fleet screen, and the game UI fails to account of me storing my ships somewhere else, reverting to my fleet's previous state as soon as I leave the Fleet screen. The game does account for me storing my ships somehow, as soon as I save and reload the gamesave after attempting to store my ships, but this obviously would be highly annoying to deal with, and reloading the game doesn't make the problem go away.

Also, something that I have noticed in my attempts to fix the matter is that when I restarted the game, the save in which my fleet has shrunk would be caught in an exception of sorts, but when I reloaded the previous save before my fleet had shrunk, which would load normally, then load to the bugged save-slot from the un-bugged save, the bugged save would then load.

Here is my modlist:

"enabledMods": [
  "yunrutechmining",
  "1 - VIC recombobulation",
  "pantera_ANewLevel25",
  "advanced_gunnery_control_dbeaa06e",
  "arbuzwork",
  "ARC",
  "aria_compt",
  "armaa",
  "raccoonarms",
  "automatedcommands",
  "timid_admins",
  "beyondthesector",
  "yrutl",
  "HMI_brighton",
  "CWSP",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "capturecrew",
  "Csp",
  "clearCommands",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "COPS",
  "lw_console",
  "Dabble",
  "istl_dassaultmikoyan",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "diableavionics",
  "dialog_minimap",
  "DisassembleReassemble",
  "dynamictariffs",
  "edshipyard",
  "extra_system_reloaded",
  "XLU",
  "HHE",
  "FPE",
  "fleethistory",
  "fleetsizebydp",
  "GMDA",
  "HMI_SV",
  "HMI",
  "gunnyhegexpeditionary",
  "hte",
  "holyludd",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "hyperionsystems",
  "IndEvo",
  "timid_xiv",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "kazeron",
  "LTA",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg_Alice",
  "ArkLeg",
  "luddenhance",
  "mag_protect",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "missingships",
  "su_CarrierHullmod",
  "more_hullmods",
  "nexerelin",
  "objects_analysis",
  "OcuA",
  "Ocutek",
  "luddandlions",
  "old_hyperion",
  "ORA",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "Recovery_Shuttles_Buff",
  "rotcesrats",
  "roider",
  "ryaz",
  "SCY",
  "Seafood",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "StopGapMeasures3",
  "superweapons",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "Templars",
  "perseannavy",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "ungp",
  "UGH",
  "vic",
  "vayrasector",
  "vayrashippack",
  "whichmod",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "yrxp",
  "audio_plus",
  "astroidships",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib",
  "ShipCatalogVariantEditor"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 07:44:48 PM by MrNage »

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Fleet size shrink; Logistics UI unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 02:50:28 PM »

Research has pinpointed the cause: a particular system that happens to be one of my colonies. Whenever I happen to fly into the system, it borks my save somehow until a sufficiently large amount of game progress buries the data from that colony (around 1-2 hours of game time) and renders the game safe to save again. Even accessing the colony remotely via command-tab still borks the save.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 02:59:01 PM by MrNage »

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 01:01:33 PM »

Here's an error when I attempt to load a save borked by this issue:

132023472 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
132023472 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message       : null
method              : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.readResolve()
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 1990133
class[1]            : java.util.HashSet
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NullPointerException
cause-message       : null
method              : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.readResolve()
class               : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
required-type       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 1990133
class[1]            : java.util.HashSet
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.HashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.SerializationMembers.callReadResolve(SerializationMembers.java:82)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:282)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:70)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:73)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:98)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:91)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:85)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:80)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:70)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:73)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:110)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:98)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:92)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.unmarshal(MapConverter.java:87)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:503)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:429)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:281)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:503)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:429)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:281)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1486)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1466)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:1346)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 12:13:37 PM »

More attempts at debugging; I'm starting to think that location isn't the major cause in my saves ending up this way, though I haven't ruled it out. The bork is almost guaranteed to happen on my save if I load a save state and make a consecutive save in a short span of time. It probably has something to do with data density of sorts; usually, I would have to pad my session with at least 2+ years of in-game time (2 hours) in order to force my game to comprehensively record my progress and thus have my save spared the bug, and even then I would usually save at the same system which I have deemed safe to save in, for the most part. I don't even have to do anything while the time ticks buy; I would AFK with my fleet orbiting a moon in the safe system, only checking to make sure my supplies don't run out while I do so (with mods I could have this last for at least an hour or two).

If anyone would have the time to figure out what's going on, I have the save files below; 3 consecutive saves, 2 "normal" and 1 bugged, along with the involved logs. With how unique this error is, this seems like a fairly big ask...

The saves.