Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.97a] Calvera Custom Star System 1.0.4 A/B  (Read 10892 times)

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Calvera Custom Star System 1.0.4 A/B
« on: March 29, 2022, 10:43:42 AM »

Features:
This mod adds a custom, unclaimed star system to the core worlds with three resource-rich planets that you can colonize and some other stuff

Requirements:
None

Installation:
- Extract the archive into your Starsector\mods folder
- Open the game launcher and enable the mod in the Mods section

Download Links:
mutually exclusive, only download one of these
Version 1.0.4A adds the system as described in this thread. It is intended for early-game colonization.
Version 1.0.4B is the same as 4A, except it also adds 4 [REDACTED] stations to the system, turning it into a late-game challenge.

System:
- Calvera - yellow star at the center of the system and its namesake
- Vesta - large terran planet orbiting Calvera, suitable for farming
- Vulcan - small volcanic planet orbiting Vesta, suitable for industry
- Minerva - small frozen planet orbiting Vesta, suitable for industry
- Extras: - cryosleeper, coronal hypershunt, two research stations, inactive gate, comm relay, nav buoy, sensor array, three loot caches

Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]

Notes:
- For Version Branch B: It is possible to change the difficulty of the REDACTED fleets by editing MODSystem_modPlugin.java with a text editor (e.g. Notepad++) which can be found in: CalveraSystem\data\scripts; The parameters you'd want to change are: minFleetPoints, maxFleetPoints, minFleets and maxFleets. As to why you should do this, well, properly balancing late-game encounters is practically impossible in this game due to the sheer variety of mods people use, so if you're only playing vanilla, you might find it very difficult to actually conquer this system.

- The planets have the best resource modifiers in all categories (e.g. ultrarich/bountiful) although only Vesta has organics while Vulcan and Minerva have volatiles
- All three planets have vast ruins
- The cryosleeper is guarded by [REDACTED]
- The coronal hypershunt is guarded by [VERY REDACTED]
- Research stations and loot caches are there to speed up the early-game even more, if you don't want them, don't use them; if you want to stop them from spawning with the system, comment them out in data\scripts\MODSystem_modPlugin.java (you can open the file with Notepad++)
- This system is located near the middle of the core worlds (next to the Prism Freeport if you use Nexerlin)
- Only one jump point is present in the system, allowing for easier expedition defense
- This system spawns on worldgen, so unless you know how to spawn it manually using the Console Commands mod, it requires starting a new game to spawn

Changelog:
Spoiler
1.0.4 A/B (Latest)
Spoiler
-Updated the mod for Starsector 0.97a
-Version 1.0.4B - increased the size of [REDACTED] fleets from 30-90 fleet points to 90-240 fleet points (for more epic battles)
[close]
1.0.3 A/B
Spoiler
-Updated the mod for Starsector 0.96a
[close]
1.0.2 A/B
Spoiler
-Split the mod into 2 versions
-Version 1.0.2A is equivalent to version 1.0.1
-Version 1.0.2B adds 4 REDACTED stations to the system
[close]
1.0.1 - Download
Spoiler
- Added a new (frozen) planet - "Minerva"
- Resized planets (Vesta: 400>300 / Vulcan: 400>150 / Minerva: X>150)
- Changed planet orbits (Vulcan and Minerva now orbit the system jump-point, which orbits Vesta)
- Changed some planet conditions
- Changed custom entity orbits (Array, Relay and Buoy now orbit the Inactive Gate, which orbits Vesta)
- Moved the system very slightly north-west of where it used to be
- Turned Calvera into a yellow star and made it bigger
- Added a cryosleeper
- Added a coronal hypershunt
- Added two research stations
- Added three loot (technology, heavily-shielded and equipment) caches next to the cryosleeper
- Added custom jump-point in the barycenter of Vulcan and Minerva
- Removed auto-generated fringe jump-point
[close]
1.0.0 - Download
Spoiler
- Initial Release
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 07:18:33 AM by TheDeviL234 »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Calvera Custom Star System 1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 11:59:27 AM »

I like this. It may not be balanced but it doesn't break it either. I'll be adding it.

Couple of suggestions:

Add an abandoned station for storage,
Add custom planet descriptions.

If you get those beams working, bonus!

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »

It IS nice for those of us tired of having to constantly search for a decent system... does it have a few asteroid belts?

Although... why a Neutron Star?  ???
A standard Yellow would've probably been fine.

Psyentific

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 01:01:29 PM »

if you're going to use a neutron star, at least crib a page from Hazard Mining and stick the inhabitable planets (now moons) behind a gas giant or something.
bonus, you can then shift volatiles over to the gas giant for the player to turn it into a fuel station

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 12:46:28 PM »

Notes:
- Even though Calvera is a neutron star, it does not radiate EMR beams from its poles (i wanted it to, but didn't know how)
Inspired by your works I decided to create my own system and I got Neutron Beams working! Add the following import:
Code
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.StarCoronaTerrainPlugin;

And add the following after your stars generation:

Code
// Set Pulsar Beams
SectorEntityToken peripherybeams = system.addTerrain(Terrain.PULSAR_BEAM,
new StarCoronaTerrainPlugin.CoronaParams(27000, //Range
100, //Extra range?
star, //ORBITAL ENTITY
5f, //WindStrength;
0f, //flareProbability?;
1f) //crLossMult;
);

I'm not 100% sure on the notations as it's been trial and error but that's the general gist.

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Calvera Custom Star System 1.0.1
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 03:45:26 PM »

Inspired by your works I decided to create my own system and I got Neutron Beams working! Add the following import:
Bruh, i just turned Calvera into a yellow star lol. Might make a separate neutron star version after i'm done messing with the beams.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 11:16:40 AM »

Might want to add a Gas Giant (with a floating continent) and a Jungle world, just to get complete variety.  8)

Tabi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 09:34:31 AM »

So i've been been to initially spawn this system without other major mods (ship packs, etc), but as soon as I've added others like DIY planets, HMI, UAF, etc, I get a regular star system with none of the other stuff (caches, hypershunts, or cryosleeper).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Meelock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 11:08:48 AM »

For those that want a challenge, could you add an option to spawn like 10 remnant bastion stations? Also, I don't know if it is hard coded, but it would be neat if most things in the system triggered the remnant auto-hostile you get from looting stuff occasionally in remnant stations. These would trigger so that the player has to clear out the bastions even if they are friendly with remnants. Neat idea none-the-less, thanks!

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 11:42:52 PM »

Getting save corruption with the newest industrial evolution installed. I think it has to do with the new artillery stations.

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 08:47:50 AM »

So i've been been to initially spawn this system without other major mods (ship packs, etc), but as soon as I've added others like DIY planets, HMI, UAF, etc, I get a regular star system with none of the other stuff (caches, hypershunts, or cryosleeper).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
One of those mods is probably overwriting this one somehow. Maybe try to rename MODSystem_modPlugin.java (as well as any mentions of MODSystem_modPlugin inside) from this mod into something else, and/or open that file and find & replace every system with something random like system689421. Or try moving the whole system somewhere else by editing the coordinates in lines 43 and 44 of MODSystem_modPlugin.java. If that doesn't solve it, then idk.

For those that want a challenge, could you add an option to spawn like 10 remnant bastion stations?
Added in version 1.0.2B.

Also, I don't know if it is hard coded, but it would be neat if most things in the system triggered the remnant auto-hostile you get from looting stuff occasionally in remnant stations. These would trigger so that the player has to clear out the bastions even if they are friendly with remnants.
That would be nice, but i lack the technical expertise to do stuff like this.

Getting save corruption with the newest industrial evolution installed. I think it has to do with the new artillery stations.
I can't reproduce the issue on my end.
If the issue persists, maybe try opening MODSystem_modPlugin.java and deleting/commenting out the cryosleeper, hypershunt, loot caches and research stations.
And, of course, always back up your saves manually (they can be found in Starsector/saves/ ) so you can restore them later if they get corrupted.

Mrbigcat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Calvera Custom Star System 1.0.3 A/B
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 10:46:17 PM »

I made some additions to your mod for my personal taste.(mostly adding more planets and spreading out the resources a bit more) However, since I basically have 0 modding experience and have done all changes through trial and error, the changes make the game crash on new game creation. The crash report usually tells me if I was missing something in the code like an ',' or an '[' etc. but now it just says the reason is NUL?

tl;dr any kind souls want to check out (java attached) my changes and let me know how to fix it?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 10:48:26 PM by Mrbigcat »

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 06:09:31 AM »

The crash report usually tells me if I was missing something in the code like an ',' or an '[' etc. but now it just says the reason is NUL?

there were 2 issues in the file:
1) you moved the declaration of Vesta below Calvera Jump Point which references Vesta for its orbit. since the code is "read" from top to bottom, it threw a null pointer exception.
2) i don't think that's how you make ice/asteroid belts since they are both crashing the game. i don't really remember how they are supposed to be done, so i just commented them out in the attached MODSystem_modplugin.java. look into Great Wound's Periphery.java (in attachments) if you wish to learn how to make asteroid belts, pulsar beams etc.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 06:13:01 AM by TheDeviL234 »

Mrbigcat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 04:21:50 PM »

there were 2 issues in the file

Oh sweet dude! Thanks for the help. I was able to get it running while only needing to give up the ice ring as I couldn't find any references for it. Was tempted to replace it with a mag field but also couldn't figure that out. So I decided just to give up on the second ring so I could just get to playing instead of spending more hours trying to make things perfect lol (spent 6 hours on the original edit attempt before asking for help.)

El Jojo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2024, 07:35:43 AM »

Hi, is this safe to enable in 0.97 by just changing the version number ?
Pages: [1] 2