Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.97a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.7  (Read 48067 times)

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.7
« on: March 29, 2022, 09:38:38 AM »

Features:
This mod adds new vanilla-based ships with heavy emphasis on missile armaments, as well as four custom hullmods to the game

Requirements:
None

Installation:
- Extract the archive into your Starsector\mods folder
- Open the game launcher and enable the mod in the Mods section

(If you are still playing 0.95.1a Starsector, use this version of the mod instead: MSO 1.2.6-0.95.1a)

Low-Tech Ships:
- Pillager - cruiser with 1 large composite hardpoint, 2 medium composite and 8 small ballistic turrets and 6 small missile hardpoints
- Atomizer - cruiser with 1 large ballistic, 3 medium composite and 9 small ballistic turrets and 2 small missile hardpoints
- Vitriol - cruiser with 2 large composite, 1 large ballistic, 2 medium composite and 9 small ballistic turrets
- Instigator - capital ship with 4 large composite, 4 medium composite and 14 small ballistic turrets
- Sepulcher - capital ship with 10 large, 2 medium and 10 small ballistic turrets, 4 large missile and 4 large ballistic hardpoints and 4 medium composite turrets
- Chrasseus - capital ship with 6 large, 2 medium and 16 small ballistic turrets, 2 large and 4 medium composite hardpoints and 10 fighter bays
Midline Ships:
- Zeal - frigate with 2 medium missile hardpoints and 1 small hybrid turret
- Aposeris - destroyer with 2 large missile hardpoints and 5 small ballistic turrets
- Kernera - cruiser with 2 large and 4 small missile hardpoints, as well as 2 fighter bays and 4 small ballistic turrets
- Pontiff - heavy cruiser with 1 large, 2 medium synergy and 2 small missile hardpoints, 1 large energy, 2 medium hybrid and 4 small energy turrets
- Carnage - capital ship with 4 large composite turrets, 4 medium ballistic and 2 medium missile turrets, 4 small missile hardpoints and 8 small ballistic turrets
High-Tech Ships:
- Eventide - cruiser with 2 large synergy, 2 medium universal, 4 small hybrid and 1 small missile hardpoint
- Ardor - cruiser with 4 medium synergy and 1 large energy turret
- Vertex - heavy cruiser with 5 medium synergy and 2 large energy turrets
- Ichor - cruiser with 4 medium synergy, 1 large synergy and 2 medium missile hardpoints
[REDACTED] Ships:
- Pulsar - battleship with 3 large and 8 medium synergy hardpoints, 4 medium missile hardpoints and 2 small energy turrets

Hullmods:
- Dual-Purpose capacitor banks - beam weapons get +100 range and deal hard flux to shields, but max flux capacity is reduced by 30% and flux dissipation is reduced by 10%
- Overclocked Targeting Processor - non-missile weapons get 10% fire rate and 30% target-leading accuracy and ship combat vision radius is doubled, but flux dissipation is reduced by 10% and overloads last 25% longer
- High-Performance Missile Propellant - missiles get 50% speed, 100% acceleration and 200 extra range, but their turn rate and turn acceleration are reduced by 30% and their durability cut by 50%
- Structural Cargo Retrofit - ship armor is reduced by 90%, hull by 60% and recovery chance by 50%, but cargo capacity is increased by 1 unit for each unit of armor removed

Ship Preview:
Spoiler
Low-Tech Ships:
Spoiler
[close]
Midline Ships:
Spoiler
[close]
High-Tech Ships:
Spoiler
[close]
[REDACTED] Ships:
Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Notes:
- The midline ships are available to Independents, Mercenaries, Persean League, Sindrian Diktat (except Carnage) and all factions that know midline_bp blueprint package
- The high-tech ships are available to Independents, Mercenaries, Tri-Tachyon (except Eventide) and all factions that know the hightech_bp blueprint package
- The low-tech ships are available to Independents, Mercenaries, Luddic Church, Hegemony (only faction with Sepulcher and Chrasseus) and all factions that know the lowtech_bp blueprint package
- [REDACTED] will use the Pulsar
- Sepulcher and Chrasseus are probably unbalanced in heavily-modded runs; if you wish to remove it from AI factions, navigate to MissileShipOverhaul\data\hulls\ship_data.csv and delete lowtech_bp and hegemony from the Tags column in Sepulcher's/Chrasseus' row (probably doesn't work in existing saves since factions can't forget blueprints iirc)
- Pillager has Orion Drive system that uses a custom pusher plate sprite
- Hullmods are not included in the mod_package_missileships blueprint package, but have to be found separately (as of 1.0.7)
- You can find the blueprint for these ships while exploring (e.g. research stations, tech mining)
- If you want to spawn the blueprint and have the "Console Commands" mod, type: addspecial mod_package_missileships
- Balance-wise, these ships are either A-tier or S-tier in the player's hands
- The AI doesn't use all missile equally well; it doesn't spam sabots as much as it should, sometimes isn't aggressive enough to use torpedoes properly and likes to waste half its harpoons on frigates that can dodge most of them (although it's very good with harpoons against cruisers/capital ships) so the missiles you use matter

Changelog:
Spoiler
- 1.2.7 - Added Chrasseus, updated the mod for Starsector 0.97a
- 1.2.6 - Completely remade Atomizer, removed 2 of its medium turrets & 4 small missile mounts and altered some stats (save-compatible with previous versions)
- 1.2.5 - Full changelog here
- 1.2.4 - Full changelog here
- 1.2.3 - Added Overclocked Targeting Processor, High-Performance Missile Propellant and Structural Cargo Retrofit hullmods, fixed engine exhaust on Vertex not displaying
- 1.2.2 - Added Pillager, fixed factions not using these ships, changed some ship descriptions, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.2.1 - Changed 2 Medium missile hardpoints on Summit to small, made more effective default variants for high-tech ships, made minor corrections to Carnage, Perigee and Pulsar
- 1.2.0 - Major rebalance update. Full changelog here
- 1.1.0 - Updated the mod for Starsector 0.96a, Added Bulwark and Pulsar, Renamed Apex to Perigee (since 0.96a adds a ship with that name), tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.9 - Updated Atomizer sprite, buffed Atomizer (5x medium ballistic -> 5x medium composite + 1 large ballistic), buffed Apex (2x large energy -> 2x large synergy)
- 1.0.8 - Added Atomizer and Vanquisher, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.7 - Added Dual-Purpose Capacitor Banks, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.6 - Added Summit, slightly altered Carnage description, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.5 - Added Vertex, nerfed Carnage weapon layout, updated Alpenglow sprite, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.4 - Added Apex, fixed an issue with Alpenglow, updated Drover MK-2 sprite, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.3 - Added Alpenglow, tweaked some existing ship stats
- 1.0.2 - Added Vigilance MK-2, nerfed speed and maneuverability of existing ships to better match their vanilla counterparts
- 1.0.1 - Fixed an issue with the custom blueprint not unlocking ships
- 1.0.0 - First release
[close]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 01:04:47 PM by TheDeviL234 »

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.0.1
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 08:53:37 AM »

The mod seems great but for some reason I can't open .ship files with ship&weapon editor, I only get blank page, any help? Also I dont want AI use these ships but I want to be able to buy it from markets, will deleting the faction file is enough for that? Thanks  :)

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.0.2
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 01:24:31 PM »

I can't open .ship files with ship&weapon editor, I only get blank page, any help?
you also need to open the ship sprite (found in MOD/graphics/ships/xxxxx.png) before the ship & weapon editor will display it. alternatively, you can open .ship and .variant files with Notepad++

I dont want AI use these ships but I want to be able to buy it from markets, will deleting the faction file is enough for that? Thanks  :)
ai factions use ships that are listed as parts of blueprint packages said factions have access to. ai factions also only sell ships that they know how to build, meaning it's impossible to have them both not use ships and sell those same ships (as far as i know).
regarding this mod, all ships are part of the midline_bp blueprint package, which a lot of factions have access to. if you want to change this, you need to navigate to MOD/data/hulls/ship_data.csv and open it with MS Excel or some other spreadsheet viewing software. once you open it, find the tags column and delete midline_bp from every ship while leaving mod_bp_missileships intact. deleting midline_bp will remove the ships from the midline package, while leaving mod_bp_missileships in will keep the ships obtainable only through the custom package blueprint, which you can find while exploring or through tech mining, and which the ai factions do not have access to.
although, you might need to start a new game for these changes to apply, since i don't know if you can remove blueprints from the ai in an ongoing save.
also, the downside of doing this is that you'll only be able to build the ships if you own a colony with heavy industry (custom production) or buy it from the markets of your own colonies after you learn the blueprint.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 01:29:34 PM by TheDeviL234 »

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.0
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 08:16:59 PM »

Full changelog for update 1.2.0:

- Removed Gryphon MK-2
- Renamed Gryphon MK-3 to Chimera
- Renamed Vigilance MK-2 to Zeal
- Renamed Drover MK-2 to Achlys
- Optimized polygons for all ships
- Updated sprites of Carnage, Chimera, Vertex and Alpenglow
- Removed 2 medium synergy turrets from Vertex
- Replaced 2 synergy turrets on Alpenglow with small energy turrets
- Changed 2 medium composite turrets on Atomizer to medium ballistic and 1 large ballistic to large composite turret
- Changed 4 large composite hardpoints on Bulwark to large ballistic
- Changed 2 medium hybrid turrets on Perigee to medium universal
- Changed 2 large composite turrets on Carnage to medium ballistic
- Remade variants for all ships
- Rebalanced ship_data.csv stats for all ships
- Altered some ship descriptions
- Increased flux penalty on Dual-Purpose Capacitor Banks hullmod from 10% to 30%

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.3
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 04:51:06 PM »

Cool mod  ;D

fyi, Diktat Enhancement already uses Vanquisher for one of it's ships, and I think another mod might do as well. If that's of any concern.

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.3
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 02:05:01 AM »

Cool mod  ;D

fyi, Diktat Enhancement already uses Vanquisher for one of it's ships, and I think another mod might do as well. If that's of any concern.
thanks for the info, i'll rename it in the next update.
coming up with interesting names that haven't already been taken is pretty hard lol.

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.4
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 05:37:47 AM »

Full changelog for update 1.2.4:

- Added Pontiff midline heavy cruiser
- Renamed Vanquisher to Instigator
- Decreased flux dissipation penalty for Dual-Purpose Capacitor Banks from 20% to 10%
- Decreased flux dissipation penalty for Overclocked Targeting Processor from 15% to 10%
- Changed default variant small missile weapon groups from Linked to Alternating fire for all ships with small missile hardpoints
- Increased Zeal flux capacity from 2000 to 2500 and hull from 1500 to 1750 (now it's the same as vanilla 0.96a Vigilance)
- Reduced Achlys ordnance points from 120 to 100
- Reduced Vertex ordnance points from 200 to 180
- Adjusted Achlys and Vertex default variants to fit new OP values (both ships have 1 less hullmod)
- Reduced Carnage deployment points from 42 to 40

This version is not save-game compatible if you are updating from 1.2.3 or earlier,
unless you replace every mention of Instigator back to Vanquisher in
-MSO\data\hulls\mod_ship_instigator.ship
-MSO\data\hulls\ship_data.csv
-MSO\data\strings\descriptions.csv
-MSO\data\variants\mod_instigator_variant.variant
-MSO\data\world\factions\default_ship_roles.json
(it takes 3-5 minutes to do if you really want to update and keep your current saves)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:28:00 PM by TheDeviL234 »

tovarichcookie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 08:58:26 AM »

Finally, a mod where I can go fullfill my Honor Harrington dreams.

BirdWanderer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023, 06:30:07 PM »

I'd recommend checking out the taken names spreadsheet, as a few of these names are taken by other mods.
the the

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023, 08:31:30 PM »

I'd recommend checking out the taken names spreadsheet, as a few of these names are taken by other mods.
can you send me a link to it? i can't find it anywhere.

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.5
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2023, 07:33:11 PM »

Full changelog for update 1.2.5:

- Added Vitriol
- Renamed Alpenglow to Ardor
- Renamed Perigee to Eventide
- Renamed Summit to Ichor
- Renamed Bulwark to Sepulcher
- Renamed Chimera to Kernera
- Renamed Achlys to Aposeris
- Atomizer: reduced ordnance points from 180 to 160, reduced shield efficiency from 0.9 to 1.2, reduced speed from 70 to 60, reduced armor from 1400 to 1300
- Vertex: reduced ordnance points from 180 to 165, reduced flux dissipation from 900 to 800, reduced shield efficiency from 0.8 to 1
- Ardor: reduced top speed from 80 to 70, reduced shield efficiency from 0.8 to 1
- Ichor: reduced ordnance points from 170 to 160, reduced top speed from 80 to 70, reduced shield efficiency from 0.8 to 1
- Kernera: changed ship system from maneuvering jets to fast missile racks

This version is not save-game compatible if you are updating from 1.2.4 or earlier

Kylin.S.508

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.6
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2023, 02:25:17 PM »

Hi, I like this MOD, torpedoes and missiles are truly romantic for space warfare in my opinion, thanks for your creation. Can you allow me to publish it to Chinese forum and translate it? I will keep the author information and the original link.
And, Due to the incomplete translation of the Starsector 0.96 , Can I simultaneously publish ver 1.0.9 to there? I am currently using this version, so you do not need to upload it again.
Although my English proficiency is extremely limited and I have to use mechanical translation, I will do my best to polish and correct when translating into Chinese.
Sincerely pay respects again. ;)

TheDeviL234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2023, 04:51:39 AM »

Hi, I like this MOD, torpedoes and missiles are truly romantic for space warfare in my opinion, thanks for your creation. Can you allow me to publish it to Chinese forum and translate it? I will keep the author information and the original link.
And, Due to the incomplete translation of the Starsector 0.96 , Can I simultaneously publish ver 1.0.9 to there? I am currently using this version, so you do not need to upload it again.
Although my English proficiency is extremely limited and I have to use mechanical translation, I will do my best to polish and correct when translating into Chinese.
Sincerely pay respects again. ;)
yes. btw, instead of using 1.0.9, you can use 1.2.6 that i changed here to work with 0.95.1a starsector. (it doesn't have 0.96a ships - Pulsar, Sepulcher, Pillager). haven't done much testing on it, but it should work.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 05:21:15 AM by TheDeviL234 »

Tebor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2023, 02:24:21 PM »

@TheDeviL234 and by extension @Kylin.S.508 or anyone still having a backup of version 1.0.9

Got a bit too excited by:
- 1.2.6 - Completely remade Atomizer, removed 2 of its medium turrets & 4 small missile mounts and altered some stats (save-compatible with previous versions)
(If you are still playing 0.95.1a Starsector, use this version of the mod instead: MSO 1.2.6-0.95.1a)

If there would be an opportunity to get a link to version 1.0.9 of MSO, it would be highly appreciated.

The mod itself is great stuff all around for missile fans! ;D
Pages: [1] 2