Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some suggestions: small fights missions, little bit logical bounties  (Read 243 times)

JasonArgo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello everyone.
English not my natural language, so sorry.

One thing i missed while playing is small fights in endgame. Since some moment i dont even cares about small ships in my fleet: losing them, buying, autofit and forget. At the start of the game there is a lot of fun in merging them, trying to built something useful, dancing around derelicts whith no role or plan for them, just few ships some weapons and no money. In battle it also feels different, more details and higher risks.
What i suggest is a missions with limited DP and/or stricted randomised presets for your fleet.

It might looks like:" Hello captain, did you ever heard of *npc_name*, he was notorious smuggler (he was a spy), we capture him recently and knows that he must meet someone in *system_name* in 30 days. We recovered few ships from his fleet, included *Falcon* and *Hound*, they awaits you on a *planet_name*. Take them, and some of yours, go for a meeting, act as a smuggler (spy), get the information and/or destroy they fleet. Notice that whoever expects him expects small fleet of *60* DP or less, 1 ship of cruiser class, other smaller.
Reward is ships and/or money.

I dont know if it possible to do something with fleet orbiting in some spot, or spare fleet in space, leaving some ships orbiting while acting with other. It may be nice feature.

Other suggestion is rewriting/reworking current bounty missions to be more logical.
For now it starts nice but quickly becomes ridiculous when you hunting a huge fleets hanging on one place in a far ass of sector about 90-120 days. What do they doing there or waiting for? How much supplies do they need for just waiting on one place with fleet that big?

It might be a small fleet hanging near some pirate/faction station or bigger fleet. They might be waiting for new id's for deserters, or maybe a result of negotiations about hiding them, or just something like that. And if we had small fleet they chase us or if we had big fleet we can attack them in a big battle. Price depends on how much time we had plus destroyed ships plus fixed bounty.

Or maybe we heard about notorious pirate/whoever who planning a raid and recruting ships, and bounty for interrupting a raid. We had some time and system name with base or just fleet there, or we had a name of system that will be raided and a destination to search. The more time we spend then bigger fleet we will fight against us. If time is gone fleet will do a raid.

And i really want to talk with bounties whith random options. It might be opportunity to let them go, some story, some mission twist.