Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SatBombing the Hedge  (Read 1149 times)

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
SatBombing the Hedge
« on: March 20, 2022, 11:19:15 AM »

as fun as that sounds, don't you get a huge reputation penalty on all factions if you sat bong a single planet?
and when i do satbomb the planet it doesn't kill it or its inhabitants.
so how do i get rid of the Hedge(or any faction)? permanently without having to capture every planet they own.
the more detailed the explanation/tips the better.
thanks in advance.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: SatBombing the Hedge
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 12:42:32 PM »

If the planet is beeg enough you might have to satbomb it multiple times before it results in exterminatus.

The max I've seen is twice.

michail

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 01:06:23 PM »

as fun as that sounds, don't you get a huge reputation penalty on all factions if you sat bong a single planet?

No, just with the victim and everyone except TT, Dictat, Pirates and Pathers. Besides, the rep only goes down to -100, there's no difference between 3 incinerated planets and 300. Don't stop if you start, until you're done.

and when i do satbomb the planet it doesn't kill it or its inhabitants.

Size 4- planets get destroyed, anything bigger drops a size level.

so how do i get rid of the Hedge(or any faction)? permanently without having to capture every planet they own.

If you want to just stop expeditions, getting rid of planets with military bases is enough. Unfortunately, that includes Chico and Kazeron, so if you can crack that, you have the capacity to wipe everything. Before bombing, strip-raid them of anything valuable - they won't be needing that stability. You'll need a stable source of fuel - having your own production is perfect, Dictat will also do (so, kill them last). Some planets are story-protected (yuck) and cannot be destroyed fully until they are no longer needed for the story. Bomb them anyway, a dozen bombings will cost nothing in terms of fuel but the accumulated instability will decivilize them within a month after the story flag gets dropped. Assuming you are not going for a complete wipe of all humanity, having a stash of AI cores to make amends afterwards is very helpful.

By Ludd I sound so psychotic. Have fun with your warcrimes!

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 02:35:50 PM »

If you want to just stop expeditions, getting rid of planets with military bases is enough. Unfortunately, that includes Chico and Kazeron, so if you can crack that, you have the capacity to wipe everything. Before bombing, strip-raid them of anything valuable - they won't be needing that stability. You'll need a stable source of fuel - having your own production is perfect, Dictat will also do (so, kill them last). Some planets are story-protected (yuck) and cannot be destroyed fully until they are no longer needed for the story. Bomb them anyway, a dozen bombings will cost nothing in terms of fuel but the accumulated instability will decivilize them within a month after the story flag gets dropped. Assuming you are not going for a complete wipe of all humanity, having a stash of AI cores to make amends afterwards is very helpful.

this is beautiful

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 12:07:52 PM »

You can actually decivilize some planet without suffering much reputation penalty with anyone.  Raiding doesn't create a reputation penalty with other factions. Planets decivilize after a whole cycle of being destabilized - so you just need to raid them repeatedly to lower the stability to 0 and keep the stability at 0 for a while. One quick way to keep the stability at 0 is to disrupt the spaceport; this will always create a massive shortfall of basically every commodity causing massive stability loss.

Interesting note, you can even decivilize a planet without making the faction hostile. Stealth raids (raiding with transponder off and with the planet having not recently seen you with transponder on) have a reduced reputation impact with the faction you are raiding; you don't immediately get hostile relations from a stealth raid. So if you repeatedly stealth raid, you can actually decivilize a planet without triggering hostilities.