Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: spacestations supporting single frigates intercepting you is SO OBNOXIOUS  (Read 652 times)

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile

Stations should not count when you disengage from fleets unless you are also barred from docking at them. Getting 400 supplies leeched from you because there's one pirate in a cerberus buzzing around a port that just won't leave is incredibly frustrating.

If they chose to fight the pursuit the station wouldn't be able to help them, why the heck do they get to disrupt from so far away and cause so much CR damage?

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It is.
And the fact there is no option to spend a story point to perform 'fancy manouvers' and escape like any other encounter is particularly irritating.

Getting stung for multiple hundreds of supplies by something I can do nothing about is one of my few "forced reload" events.
Absolutely not.

Honestly, thats all it would take to 'fix' this: Add a story point escape like every other encounter has.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile

It is.
And the fact there is no option to spend a story point to perform 'fancy manouvers' and escape like any other encounter is particularly irritating.

Getting stung for multiple hundreds of supplies by something I can do nothing about is one of my few "forced reload" events.
Absolutely not.

Honestly, thats all it would take to 'fix' this: Add a story point escape like every other encounter has.

Doesn't the story point disengage behave like they harried you too?

In any case, the only defense I can muster for it is that it provides a good incentive to stay away from hostile stations, unless you're really sure you can take one.

The biggest problem with that, in my eyes, is that usually I'm trying to do something at that planet - whether to resupply or complete a quest - and blowing up the station is going to prevent me from docking for another eight hundred years. And there is not a thing I can do about it, short of invading and taking over.

I wish there were some kind of way to override it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

(There isn't? ... made a note to have a look, decent chance that's just an oversight.)

Candesce

• Captain
    • View Profile

In any case, the only defense I can muster for it is that it provides a good incentive to stay away from hostile stations, unless you're really sure you can take one.
Oh, it's not limited to hostile stations.

I've occasionally triggered a trivial pirate fleet from a trapped hulk or something while friendly with pirates, forgotten about them because they weren't worth chasing down, and then had the "fun" of encountering them just as I dock or undock with a nominally friendly station. Not appreciated.