Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.96a] Sunrider 0.4.2c update: Vanguard Cannon's true power  (Read 36658 times)

Nym

• Ensign
  • Clearly Organic Life Form
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] The Sunrider
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 10:14:41 AM »

Is the mod even working?
I've spent 3 hours flying back to back to the persean held markets and nothing new.
No descriptions on where or how to encounter or get a hint.
Is this an inside joke I'm missing or something?
Because even the description here says nothing about how to encounter it.

From the Discord mod announcement:

I got the mod, but I can't find a clue about the ship. What happened? - The NPC that triggers the mission can only appear about a cycle after the starting date of the game. If you activated the mod in an ongoing playthrough where that much time or more has passed, the quest can be started immediately

Ah...! Thank you for that notification, I'm just so lost starting out my new game. Been trading back and forth between persean for a while before taking a break, I thought the quest is tied to a story about the mod's inspired game, which I haven't played.
And again, my humblest apologies for being a fool.
My Ancestors were Toasters.

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »

"Talk to a pirate boss" is...frustratingly nonspecific and I'm wandering around with my transponder off checking pirate bases and comm queues. Is this another bar dialogue run or what?

I updated the mod description a little, you have to look for a boss in comms.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2022, 09:39:20 AM »

The Sunrider ship AI tends to disregard friendly fire, and sometimes will use the Vanguard to shoot through its own allies if it means damaging the enemy.

Leads to a lot of accidental casualties.  Any way it can be toned down?

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2022, 08:49:43 PM »

The Sunrider ship AI tends to disregard friendly fire, and sometimes will use the Vanguard to shoot through its own allies if it means damaging the enemy.

Perhaps if I find a way to give it a no friendly-fire code or script despite being a piercing weapon.
Otherwise, don't give it to AI because not every ship will be as good with them. Take VIC Apollyon as an example... it's very powerful in a good player's hands but very suicidal when piloted by aggressive AI

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2022, 12:00:38 PM »

Perhaps if I find a way to give it a no friendly-fire code or script despite being a piercing weapon.
Otherwise, don't give it to AI because not every ship will be as good with them. Take VIC Apollyon as an example... it's very powerful in a good player's hands but very suicidal when piloted by aggressive AI

True, but I like having Ava pilot her own ship.  Feels right. 
It's not too big of an issue

nekoworkshop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2022, 08:09:43 PM »

Just thinking off the top of my head after a quick read on the weapon script. Have you tried a different collision class for the DamagingExplosionSpec? Maybe HITS_SHIPS_ONLY_NO_FF?

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2022, 01:34:22 PM »

0.1.3 Changelog: (Safe to add or update in existing saves)
Sunrider ship: A notable change to the sprite, improving its depth perspetive, by Sincronic;
Skeleton and maximum crew reduced by 20;
Cargo capacity increased from 250 to 300

Vanguard Cannon: Does not deal damage to friendly ships anymore (the projectile will pass through them harmlessly)
Increased damage from 4000 to 5000;
Increased flux cost from 6500 to 7500;
Increased cooldown from 18 to 24 seconds.

Seraphim: Removed shield (really, the fighter can hit like a truck now);
Reverted role to support;
Awaken shipsystem is now fully functional and added back to the fighter. Doubles projectile speed, range and damage per hit for Seraphim's gun;
Seraphim's gun: cooldown reverted from 5 to 6 seconds.

Note: Next update will be major, so it'll take a while to be released.

Don't worry, it's now harmless when it hits friendly ships or stations... includes allied units (yellow) when joining a battle.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2022, 03:46:14 PM »

Note: Next update will be major, so it'll take a while to be released.

Dare we hope for full Arma Armatura integration for that sweet WINGCOM action?

Also the updated sprite looks a lot better. I'll give this a shot for a future playthrough!

Rei Akiba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2022, 05:57:18 AM »

hei, i really love the mod, really like some VN eroge stuff in SS. i want to give an ideas for the future content update. i think you should add more storyline between the player and Ava, so after you found her, recover her ship and joined you, after sometime in-game time like 2-6 months have passed, it need to trigger a dialog with her to make a bonding between her and the player, increase the relationship and intimacy. i think its a great idea, and plus after defeating many fleets she will starts a dialog with us again, and so on and on and on, until many times and many cycles has passed your relationship with Ava are getting closer until it reached at least cooperative, uh no i have an idea, i think you need to have a higher tier than cooperative like "intimate" or "romantic" regardless of gender the player is whether youre male or female, and make it higher than 100 points of relation like 150 or 200 ( i think thats too high, but you get the gist). plus in those storyline you need to add a story mission like unknown fleet chasing us or unknown vessel or fleet not identified in any domain database and surprise its another nightmare or the antagonist faction from sunrider, and maybe some story mission involving sunrider upgrades and those mechs.

Last but not least, you dont need to bring those sunrider characters like the MC (kayato shields, Claude, and any other heroines) just you Ava, and our officers, yeah you heard me, our officers, if you have at least 7 officer (player included 1 is you, and other 6 is your officer) at some point in the game, you guys will make a bond with each other, getting to know them etc, like in the franchise. And just in case if i forgot, a romance between a player and Ava is gonna be great, add some cuteness, and romantic scenes (you can add some raunchy stuff in the dialogue like an adult novel storytelling does, hell if you want to go bold and go big balls move and being a chad, add some "ecchi" scenes XD), yeah basically like that, if your character is a male character, its going to be a normal, ecchi and kinda lewd cute romance, BUT if your character is a female, youre gonna get a girl on girl, yuri romance, and yes ecchi and lewd too (i think theres gotta be a limit somehow, dont want ppl in discord community going craazy bcs of this, i dont want some other bad drama TvT )

i think thats all for now, remember this is all just an ideas and suggestion, the choice is yours to make, your mod i gonna be amazing if you keep continuing it. Damn almost forgot, you need to add her in the player contact list in-game, so players will always see her, our relationships, and many other things in there, and maybe some request from her

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 09:31:50 AM by Rei Akiba »

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2022, 03:36:48 PM »

Using the newest version of this, the main cannon (vangaurd cannon, I think?)  does not do any damage to enemies :/

The ship is still pretty badass without it, so whatev, but just wanted to mention it

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 06:29:20 PM »

Using the newest version of this, the main cannon (vangaurd cannon, I think?)  does not do any damage to enemies :/

The ship is still pretty badass without it, so whatev, but just wanted to mention it

Are you sure it's not dealing damage to any enemy? Either you're trying to hit something as small as a fighter (which the description already clarifies) or didn't pay attention to damage when hitting a large foe like onslaught.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2022, 02:38:58 PM »

Thanks for this, great mod. Well done!

miu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2022, 09:27:45 AM »

Do I have to restart to a new save to play this mod?

Dare we hope for full Arma Armatura integration for that sweet WINGCOM action?
Also this

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2022, 05:07:29 PM »

No, you can add this mod to an ongoing save, but you can't remove it afterward.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2022, 02:04:37 PM »

Lovely ship, my default flagship in fact (once I get it).

If I had a complaint, it'd be that it's a bit low on the PD weapon mounts for such a large ship. Bit odd that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6