Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are admins super limited now?  (Read 1504 times)

Hal900x

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Are admins super limited now?
« on: March 11, 2022, 03:01:59 PM »

This is still my first (eternal) game, but I notice colony admins used to have multiple skills, thus giving some variety and interest in finding and hiring different ones. So far I'm only seeing dozens of "industrial planning" skills, and since they are everywhere there is no incentive to look. I feel like the game would be much more fun with more variety. Is it just my level of progression, or have they been stripped down?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are admins super limited now?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 03:14:17 PM »

They have been stripped out. Only alpha core has the additional skill that effectively have all the old skill effects.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Hal900x

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 10:14:16 PM »

They have been stripped out. Only alpha core has the additional skill that effectively have all the old skill effects.

Hopefully as a placeholder for improvements, because this is a gaping hole in the game imo. I love the idea of different admins for different needs, and a game component of seeking them out and hiring them a`la captains would be much appreciated.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 05:58:12 PM »

Hopefully as a placeholder for improvements, because this is a gaping hole in the game imo. I love the idea of different admins for different needs, and a game component of seeking them out and hiring them a`la captains would be much appreciated.

I believe Alex did mention the skills were removed only temporary and will be added back in a future version so don't worry :D
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 04:29:34 PM »

tbh in the older versions, the only reason you never bought admins was cause you could find the double-skill ones as rare drops while exploring. In this version, it made it alot more worthwhile to buy admins when there was no distinction between the ones you could buy or find.

Hal900x

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 07:18:10 PM »

tbh in the older versions, the only reason you never bought admins was cause you could find the double-skill ones as rare drops while exploring. In this version, it made it alot more worthwhile to buy admins when there was no distinction between the ones you could buy or find.

Double skills would promote powergaming, yes. But I'm asking to have a variety of single skills. Or we could have something more along the lines of Captains, where there is a wide variety, but those could have the same number of skills too.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 03:48:13 PM »

You didn’t play enough. Double skill admins do spawn in regular markets at about 3% rate of all admins spawning at a planet.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Hal900x

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 04:29:35 PM »

You didn’t play enough. Double skill admins do spawn in regular markets at about 3% rate of all admins spawning at a planet.

In current version? I've never seen any skill other than Industrial Planning. Unless I was overlooking one with a +2 in that skill.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 04:40:21 PM »

In current version? I've never seen any skill other than Industrial Planning. Unless I was overlooking one with a +2 in that skill.
In previous version. I always check comm list for admins since I can’t find any double skill admins in cryo pods.