Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2  (Read 104104 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kazeron Navarchy v1.2
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2021, 10:39:23 AM »

So is it safe to add to an ongoing game?

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2021, 12:06:37 PM »

As far as I know, yes!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 11:57:37 AM »

This mod gets me one step closer to having a fleet composed only of different flavors of Odyssey. Good stuff.

Speeda325

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2021, 03:23:17 AM »

judging from the description of the hullmod. i assume this is like the 14th battlegroup, such that they can't be constructed but salvaged. the text makes it a little ambiguous if that is the case, maybe adding a line that mentions that its a survivor or they cant be reproduced like the 14th Battlgroup.
it does imply that already mentioning "Pre-collapse" but it can be interpreted that Kazeron has Pre-collapse techniques that they still use

Also is this Vanilla friendly to the lore?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:37:15 AM by Speeda325 »

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2021, 07:38:58 AM »

14th battlegroup blueprints are in the game. In fact, almost all of the blueprints are pre-collapse, so I don't see how having blueprints for these ships isn't lore friendly.

The only ship that is "lost to time" in the game is the XIV Legion. Even then it has a blueprint in the game.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2021, 11:28:16 PM »

Since we already have Kazeron Navarchy ships, why not go one step further and add Kazeron Navarchy fighters/bombers? I mean, Fighter Expansion Rebalanced already adds XIV and Lion's Guard variants of fighters, so the Perseans should also have their unique fighters, with traits similar to their warship cousins(speed, the flux efficiency).

As PL uses midline/high-tech, probable candidates would be the Broadsword, Gladius, Thunder, Khopesh, Dagger.

Speeda325

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 05:50:47 AM »

very nice mod.
some critiques, suggestions and ideas.

1. All PL ships have no downside at all (except for initial cost), almost all/most of the unique variants in vanilla (XIV) have a downside so in some cases you would want to take the standard option compered to the variant, with this mod if you see a PL you would want it regardless cause its just better, maybe it could have a downside of slight increase to maintenance/fuel. Lore reason could be something like this:
Some of the schematics for ship maintenance did not survive the collapse resulting in a % increase to maintenance/fuel use.

2. why is there a PL version of the Centurion just thinking cause in the ship desc it mentions they are mainly used by the Heg
3. if you plan to add PL fighters they should have adjusted OP

PS did not know there were XIV BP
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 05:53:39 AM by Speeda325 »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2021, 01:13:57 PM »

very nice mod.
some critiques, suggestions and ideas.

1. All PL ships have no downside at all (except for initial cost), almost all/most of the unique variants in vanilla (XIV) have a downside so in some cases you would want to take the standard option compered to the variant, with this mod if you see a PL you would want it regardless cause its just better, maybe it could have a downside of slight increase to maintenance/fuel. Lore reason could be something like this:
Some of the schematics for ship maintenance did not survive the collapse resulting in a % increase to maintenance/fuel use.
Kazeron Navarchy hullmod benefits seem moot, it absolutely does not change ships' optimal loadout or playstyle, and the performance gain is so insignificant that it is completely unnoticeable, the Gryphon for example feels just like the same and does not make me want to replace Falcons with them (which is a bit sad). If throwing in a downside would come together with meaningful, lore-friendly bonuses, then I'm in.

2. why is there a PL version of the Centurion just thinking cause in the ship desc it mentions they are mainly used by the Heg
Dunno, why is there a Hegemony version of the Wolf?

Colors are too saturated to fall in line with vanilla.

Is this mod ded btw?

PeTeTe809

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2023, 04:14:10 AM »

Update when?

SpaceshipCaptainYukari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2023, 07:33:05 AM »