Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [0.97a] Crew Replacer  (Read 100461 times)

XeroNecross

• Ensign
  • Praise be Slaanesh!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Crew Replacer
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2022, 10:25:19 AM »

I can't wait to learn to mod like ya'll can. I am still learning basics before I get into Java or Python... but one of these days. Skyrim had peaked my interest in modding, but StarSector has actually made me go out of my way to start learning this stuff and the more you guys make the more excited I get to learn! I'm literally only learning coding because of this game and the mods ya'll make -_-

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2022, 02:53:09 PM »

based

finally i have a use for this

cant wait to see what 'this' is used for =)

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 02:56:02 PM »

I can't wait to learn to mod like ya'll can. I am still learning basics before I get into Java or Python... but one of these days. Skyrim had peaked my interest in modding, but StarSector has actually made me go out of my way to start learning this stuff and the more you guys make the more excited I get to learn! I'm literally only learning coding because of this game and the mods ya'll make -_-

Well im glad your enjoying the mods the community makes and that it inspired you, and i do wish you luck on your future coding/moding projects =)

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 02:56:30 PM »

Huh, cool extension of capabilities! Nice idea to make this a library for the community.

thanks =)

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2022, 06:29:57 PM »

Is it possible to make like a generic crew replacement, that can.... say crew ships without being "crew" for if you wanted to give a faction its own unique crew?

If not can this be a possible option?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2022, 10:08:35 PM »

Is it possible to make like a generic crew replacement, that can.... say crew ships without being "crew" for if you wanted to give a faction its own unique crew?

unfortunately that's not possible right now, as i have not found were in the code the 'crew for ships' is calculated. same for things acting as ship supply.
if you, or anyone else knows were this code is located so I can get at it with crew replacer, I will add this future immediately, as I also want to be able to do this as well

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2022, 03:29:24 AM »

unfortunately that's not possible right now, as i have not found were in the code the 'crew for ships' is calculated. same for things acting as ship supply.
if you, or anyone else knows were this code is located so I can get at it with crew replacer, I will add this future immediately, as I also want to be able to do this as well

Sadly I do not.... but also as a note, you cant launch invasions in Nex with the marine replacments, even with the Nex patch... don't know if the same applies to vanilla, or even if vanilla has invasions if I am being honest, its been literal years since I have played without Nex.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2022, 04:02:04 PM »

Sadly I do not.... but also as a note, you cant launch invasions in Nex with the marine replacments, even with the Nex patch... don't know if the same applies to vanilla, or even if vanilla has invasions if I am being honest, its been literal years since I have played without Nex.

I probably should have said somewhere, that the nex patch was only for raiding (nex overwrites the marketCMD, and that's something crew replacer has to overwrite to work with that job). I have yet to add all the other crazy jobs that nex adds into the game. mostly because I'm kind of sorta scared to try to do so. I also cant right now, but I should probably at least get the invasion job into the nex patch sometime. no idea when that will be though. life can be mean sometimes.

the base game dose not have invasions. that's something nex added itself.

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2022, 05:14:33 PM »

I probably should have said somewhere, that the nex patch was only for raiding (nex overwrites the marketCMD, and that's something crew replacer has to overwrite to work with that job). I have yet to add all the other crazy jobs that nex adds into the game. mostly because I'm kind of sorta scared to try to do so. I also cant right now, but I should probably at least get the invasion job into the nex patch sometime. no idea when that will be though. life can be mean sometimes.

Thats totaly understandable, and no rush at all, take care of yourself first after all.

Invasions are TBH probaly the only real big thing that would be needed for nex with any priority, like I know there are other uses for marines in it.... but like invasions are the one where most of them are spent you know?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2022, 05:49:19 PM »

Thats totaly understandable, and no rush at all, take care of yourself first after all.

Invasions are TBH probaly the only real big thing that would be needed for nex with any priority, like I know there are other uses for marines in it.... but like invasions are the one where most of them are spent you know?
it should be noted that most jobs in nex have nothing to do with crew. of course a 'job' as defined by crewReplacer is any time someone uses an item for something. so invasion is two jobs, marines and heavy armaments. the other things i think nex has is an 'outpost' build system, that would have 3 'jobs' in it i think, an 'boost stability' thing, that i think is 3 jobs, and probably more that I'm missing.
uh what im trying to say is that crew replacer is more like item replacer. it replaces more then crew, as crew are functionally the same as supplies or food as far as crew replacer is concerned. just a slightly rambling correction of assumptions.

i do agree that invasions is the top priority on that patch. its by far the most game changing thing crew replacer would edit in nex

Kobold

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2022, 07:12:54 PM »

I forgot dragons... someone mod in dragons. It's Necessary!
yea, the dragons from rick and morty, cause once their done soul bonding, we can go and massacre them all because of how inept they would be

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2022, 05:22:09 AM »

Where is the direct download link? I am not seeing it on github

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2022, 04:53:06 PM »

Where is the direct download link? I am not seeing it on github
there should be an green button that says 'Code' on the github page, around the top somewere. it should open a drop down menu and the bottom option from said menu should be 'download zip'. that should be the download link, as i understand it.
happy gaming stranger.

cptdash

• Ensign
  • aka SpeedRacer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2022, 10:35:25 PM »

Any thoughts on how to use this to add a "passenger" crew replacer? I'm essentially just looking for a way to have a stack count against the personnel count of fleet, but not get counted for raids, colonization, etc.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2022, 01:44:15 PM »

Any thoughts on how to use this to add a "passenger" crew replacer? I'm essentially just looking for a way to have a stack count against the personnel count of fleet, but not get counted for raids, colonization, etc.
i am somewhat unsure what you mean.
if you are talking about adding new 'crew' to the 'crew storage' of a fleet, I have no clue how that works, but crew replacer could likely work with it if I know how.
if you are talking about having 'crew' to crew your ships, I also don't know how that works, but crew replacer could also get that to work if I knew how.
you also mention not having a crew type count for raids and colonization (colonization is also not yet supported.). getting a 'crew' to not do a job is very simple task, as every job has its own set of 'crew' that is allowed to do said job, to allow for a lot of flexibility in deciding what a crew can do and how good at it they are. in effect, how you do this is you only add your 'crew' to jobs you want them to do.

for real though, I don't quite understand what you are asking. would you be willing to elaborate?
(also if you do happen to have any ideas at all how to do things like change the number of crew storage that is used in a fleets crew storage, or the number of available crew for ships in a fleet, I would be very grateful if you shared so I could add that to crew replacer)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4