Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You can (sometimes) make your own Slipstream  (Read 1234 times)

baxt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
You can (sometimes) make your own Slipstream
« on: March 17, 2022, 07:24:36 AM »

Not sure how well known this is but occasionally you'll come across a large sensor contact that is not moving with smaller contacts circling it. If you approach this contact slowly (going dark helps) you can push it in a desired direction and it will begin to create a Slipstream for you. They are somewhat rare in my experience but have helped out travelling back to forth quite a bit. I tried to get a video of this but my software won't pickup Starsector for some reason.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: You can (sometimes) make your own Slipstream
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 07:59:47 AM »

FYI it's not always a large surrounded by smalls, sometimes it's just one gigantic contact. There is also a version that's already moving when you first see it.

KZadBhat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: You can (sometimes) make your own Slipstream
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:10:30 AM »

I'd noticed ghost contacts like that moving around before, and was about to report it as a bug. Not like the sensor ghosts mention in the blog post about slipstreams, but would appear just like an unidentified medium-to-large fleet, and would move in tandem with my fleet. If that's what this is, I hope to see it again soon and test with moving slow on it and see if that's what this is. That could end up being advantageous.