Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about a bullet actually made of two different projectile.  (Read 397 times)

dragoTwos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Question about a bullet actually made of two different projectile.
« on: September 10, 2023, 01:34:29 AM »

How to make projectile go deeper through the shield before delivering damage?
Sorry about my poor English. It'll take more words to express my meanings.
I'm making a weapon that fires a slug, whose head deals kinetic damage and rear deals HE damage.
To accomplish this effect, i make two different type of projectile and use onFireEffect to generate the second projectile when shooting out the first.
And it looks like worked. According to my planning, this type of slug should deal the rest of the HE damage on the hull if the target shield is overloaded by the kinetic damage, However, even if I set a very high kinetic damage, using this slug to hit a ship still only causing overload, and no damage is applied to the ship itself.
I tried changing the collisionClass and projectile speed of the HE shell, none of them worked well. So now you might be able to understand what I mean in the question "How to make projectile go deeper through the shield before delivering damage?"

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Question about a bullet actually made of two different projectile.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023, 07:11:18 AM »

It takes a few frames for the overload to trigger. Extra damage during that time increases the overload like the damage from one big hit IIRC

You may want to apply the extra damage directly instead of trying to finagle a second projectile.

dragoTwos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 07:41:05 PM »

Well that's a very useful information, I didnt realize that before, thanks a lot.

dragoTwos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2023, 07:44:42 PM »

It takes a few frames for the overload to trigger. Extra damage during that time increases the overload like the damage from one big hit IIRC

You may want to apply the extra damage directly instead of trying to finagle a second projectile.

Well that's a very useful information, I didnt realize that before, thanks a lot.