Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.96a] Space Truckin' v1.4a  (Read 94488 times)

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Space Truckin' [v1.2]
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2023, 11:26:10 PM »

Not a bad little addition to the game.  Easy to find, fairly comprehensive UI, simple to engage with, adds a nice variant to standard trading gameplay and with a little commitment can stack up cash pretty quick.  The discount fuel and supply system is nice icing.

mxyzptlk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2023, 04:31:06 AM »

One of best mods out of here. This system should be implemented in the oficial game. I would like to thank you alot for you work, awesome mod.

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2023, 12:16:57 AM »

def one of the essential type of mods to get for the game

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2023, 01:02:14 AM »

Will it be possible to have a non-Patreon mirror for this?

Patreon just doesn't want to load up for me on ANY device in my home.

Thormy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2023, 09:05:21 AM »

I got two bugs back to back that made me straight up gave up on using the mod.
First, I picked up two deliveries to the same station. Once I got there, it only registered one of them, and I had no way to deliver the second one. I tried leaving the system and coming back, and making another delivery and then returning, but neither worked. Because of that I had to abandon the mission which caused the second issue.
After abandoning the mission, I went to the next delivery point, and had to pay the fine. However, after paying the fine the same issue happened again. It was not registering the delivery for that system anymore. Looks like a cool mod, but I simply gave up on that..

cptdash

• Ensign
  • aka SpeedRacer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2023, 04:53:08 PM »

I got two bugs back to back that made me straight up gave up on using the mod.
First, I picked up two deliveries to the same station. Once I got there, it only registered one of them, and I had no way to deliver the second one. I tried leaving the system and coming back, and making another delivery and then returning, but neither worked. Because of that I had to abandon the mission which caused the second issue.
After abandoning the mission, I went to the next delivery point, and had to pay the fine. However, after paying the fine the same issue happened again. It was not registering the delivery for that system anymore. Looks like a cool mod, but I simply gave up on that..

Sorry you're having trouble, but I haven't had any other bug reports like this, so not sure what's happening. Since there's nothing preventing you from accepting a contract, and then selling (or otherwise losing) some of the commodities, it's possible you just didn't have enough of the commodities onboard to complete the delivery. Supplies are usually the biggest culprit of this.

-cptdash

Insolent Peon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2023, 06:45:04 AM »

Not sure if this is working as intended, or something you'd like to change in a future update, but this mod allows you to deliver cargo to inhospitable factions (something you can't do in vanilla cargo hauling missions unless your transponder is off).

Since you have a warning section for pirate/pather activity, how feasible would it be to include a 'Hostile Faction' warning to the list?

h3n1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2023, 06:31:29 AM »

No doubt this mod is the best one for making money, i was thinking that is a bit easy, before i failed a job that after completed, will get me 432k money, i have to pay 600k because of failure, this is excelent. I will not lie, the only quests i do now are from this mod, they worth a lot more. And i tell to you the same as another reply here, the mod is so good that can be implemented in the base game.

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »

This is a lovely and sweet mod indeed, I would say probably a staple for content expansion, along with Nex and Industrial Evo.

However those logos really look like 70s design, if not 60s. How about we try make em more modern? :)

I took the liberty of playing with the backgrounds and modernizing them for the Domain era, if you like these, please include with the new versions of your mod.No need to credit me in any way, its all yours. Psd file also included if you want to play with it a bit more.

I've also included hullmod icons.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 05:14:54 PM by MrTwister »

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2023, 08:08:42 AM »

Zip:

P.S.:
I would also recommend more neutral color as the main UI color, because that bright yellow is a bit too much imo:
Something like this:

"color":[100,65,2,255],
   "baseUIColor":[100,65,2,255],

P.P.S.:
After some playtesting, from the balance point of view, I would recommend setting the default reward scaling to 40% of current (make it new 100%).
This is because a relatively safe and steady deliveries job with career progression attached should not be more profitable in the long run than risky one-off opportunities where you have to make your own business and where nothing is guarranteed. Just doesn't fit the risk-reward balance of Starsector at current 100%, as it pays too well, and the new players will not know what setting to start with to make it feel right.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 05:45:48 PM by MrTwister »

kway_side

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2023, 06:04:54 PM »

can't wait to play this one again! almost wish I didn't update my game :P

cptdash

• Ensign
  • aka SpeedRacer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Space Truckin' [v1.3]
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2023, 08:43:39 AM »

Updated for current version, enjoy  :)

kway_side

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2023, 04:00:38 PM »

Updated for current version, enjoy  :)

Lets goooo! thanks for ur work

Demilith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2023, 03:35:50 AM »

Is there a way to access the 1.2 version for 0.95? I'm not yet ready to upgrade...^^

Darkstorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2023, 03:45:30 AM »

Is there a way to access the 1.2 version for 0.95? I'm not yet ready to upgrade...^^

This is the link from cptdash's patreon he hasn't taken down the old version as far as i can see

https://www.patreon.com/posts/space-truckin-v1-78807158

Hope this helps
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8