Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v0.5.1 GP Quick Fix!  (Read 155919 times)

Zangi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v.0.2.0 G3 Expansion update!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2022, 06:48:07 PM »

I've tried out the Char Custom and Prototype Gundam and I think there is too big of a difference in ability.

The Char Custom is woefully weak in comparison to the Prototype Gundam, especially in the game balance sense where they are both considered superships.  I get that the Char Custom is just an upgraded Zaku, but if you can throw in swappable loadouts, chest vulcans, and something to do with the shoulder shield(plus armor/ammo capacity), that'll at least put it nearer to the Prototype in ability, by versatility.

Big Zam is a simple beast, but a beast non-the less, realistically, in terms of performance, it would take the place of the Char Custom as the super ship.

(Does Evasion and Elite Evasion benefit from Phase Coil upgrades?)

EDIT: Shouldn't post half asleep.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 08:22:17 AM by Zangi »

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2022, 12:24:31 AM »

Amazing work on the mod OP! Its quite a good alternative compared to Wanzers and Arma, and the more mechs we have in game the better it will always be! Am wondering though, for future releases are you planning on continuing the timeline or stay within the One Year War period a bit more and put in suits from the MSVs such as the Heavy Gundam or even go into the Thunderbolt version of the suits?

For current planning I'm going through the timeline of UC era, finished MSG 08th MS Team, too bad the main character is piloting Ground type Gundam, I've only added space gundam from the anime. Moving towards another anime now, not a famous or renown gundam anime, do you want to guess? After that we'll started to move on those famous Gundam anime in the timeline such as Thunderbolt, 0083 etc

0083 etc  yes!yes!

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2022, 12:58:07 AM »

I've tried out the Char Custom and Prototype Gundam and I think there is too big of a difference in ability.

The Char Custom is woefully weak in comparison to the Prototype Gundam, especially in the game balance sense where they are both considered superships.  I get that the Char Custom is just an upgraded Zaku, but if you can throw in swappable loadouts, chest vulcans, and something to do with the shoulder shield(plus armor/ammo capacity), that'll at least put it nearer to the Prototype in ability, by versatility.

Big Zam is a simple beast, but a beast non-the less, realistically, in terms of performance, it would take the place of the Char Custom as the super ship.

(Does Evasion and Elite Evasion benefit from Phase Coil upgrades?)

EDIT: Shouldn't post half asleep.

Hi Zangi, Honestly speaking my thought about pilotable MS should all have their uniqueness as they're pilotable, I also spent a lot of time studying scripts and setting from various mod(mainly Diable Avionics & Armaa), as I'm novice in coding, making pilotable MS appears to be slow in the mod development. Good news is I've finally cracked and applied weapon changeable system for Char Zaku II Custom and will be release in the next update, unfortunately, the system cannot apply to fighter unit Char Zaku II Custom only for pilotable version.

(shoulder shield(plus armor/ammo capacity)) this is a great idea to buff the unit, I'll seriously considering adding them for Char Zaku, Thank you very much for the idea.

Evasion and Elite Evasion are both using the same script as phase cloak, i think it's possible to apply Phase Coil upgrades to it, unless I disable all the relevant Phase Coil upgrades  to cover this flaw I've missed out ;D

Amazing work on the mod OP! Its quite a good alternative compared to Wanzers and Arma, and the more mechs we have in game the better it will always be! Am wondering though, for future releases are you planning on continuing the timeline or stay within the One Year War period a bit more and put in suits from the MSVs such as the Heavy Gundam or even go into the Thunderbolt version of the suits?

For current planning I'm going through the timeline of UC era, finished MSG 08th MS Team, too bad the main character is piloting Ground type Gundam, I've only added space gundam from the anime. Moving towards another anime now, not a famous or renown gundam anime, do you want to guess? After that we'll started to move on those famous Gundam anime in the timeline such as Thunderbolt, 0083 etc

0083 etc  yes!yes!

yeah I'm looking forward to it too, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke :o

Zangi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v.0.2.1 G3 Balancing & Fixes update!
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2022, 06:08:44 PM »

Hi Zangi, Honestly speaking my thought about pilotable MS should all have their uniqueness as they're pilotable, I also spent a lot of time studying scripts and setting from various mod(mainly Diable Avionics & Armaa), as I'm novice in coding, making pilotable MS appears to be slow in the mod development. Good news is I've finally cracked and applied weapon changeable system for Char Zaku II Custom and will be release in the next update, unfortunately, the system cannot apply to fighter unit Char Zaku II Custom only for pilotable version.

(shoulder shield(plus armor/ammo capacity)) this is a great idea to buff the unit, I'll seriously considering adding them for Char Zaku, Thank you very much for the idea.

Evasion and Elite Evasion are both using the same script as phase cloak, i think it's possible to apply Phase Coil upgrades to it, unless I disable all the relevant Phase Coil upgrades  to cover this flaw I've missed out ;D

Alright awesome.  Good luck.

Now for some more work for you overall suggestions in the direction I'd like to see this go:
1: Balance wise, it would make sense to increase the deployment costs of the pilotable mobile suits.  So the better ones cost more DP.
1a: Overall, I reckon somewhat balancing it off of Arma Armatura.  Since many features cross over from there and is a base requirement anyways.
2: Following on the above.  More pilotable mobile suits, they should be the common 'frigate sized' troops of the faction.  (Also so the Bigro wouldn't be featured everywhere.) 
2a: Not all pilotable mobile suits should be wing commanders, to bring some variety.  (Also so players wanting to use mobile suits in force wouldn't be automatically eating penalties to their fleet fighter skills.)
2b: The EFSF faction kinda needs some 'frigate size' units to fill their roster anyways.

3: Ground Combat, can't help but notice, Arma Armatura's mobile suits are used in ground combat/raids calculations and lose CR over that.
4: Mobile Suit reinforce by coming out of a carrier ship, instead of from off screen, just like the Arma Armatura suits.
5: The Prototype Gundam and Zeong could use something similar to Arma Armatura's forced landing weapon for their mobile suits/large fighters.  Limited ammo(1), weapon range(600 or similar to suit's range) and zero damage.  Helps remind AI to go back and refit at a carrier when they need it.  Other mobile suits are fine since they already have ammo limited weapons.

6: The too many industries per planet thing.  Either increase the populations and/or decrease the number of industries.  Starsector balance-wise, they don't actually need all those industries to do fine.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:32:02 PM by Zangi »

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2022, 01:23:00 AM »

Alright awesome.  Good luck.

Now for some more work for you overall suggestions in the direction I'd like to see this go:
1: Balance wise, it would make sense to increase the deployment costs of the pilotable mobile suits.  So the better ones cost more DP.
A : Is that OP(ordnance points) right? Noted I'll have a look into it, actually the mod started off referencing Diable Avionics & Armaa mod. There have been a lot changes since then, I think I'll need to look at them again.

1a: Overall, I reckon somewhat balancing it off of Arma Armatura.  Since many features cross over from there and is a base requirement anyways.
A : As stated above answer for (1), you're right I think I'll need to look at them again.

2: Following on the above.  More pilotable mobile suits, they should be the common 'frigate sized' troops of the faction.  (Also so the Bigro wouldn't be featured everywhere.)
A: I see and agree, I wanted to make more pilotable mobile suits for sure, as mentioned above making them unique is quite important for pilotable, otherwise it'll be too normal and boring to play with. (I've tune down Bigro pop out possibility)

2a: Not all pilotable mobile suits should be wing commanders, to bring some variety.  (Also so players wanting to use mobile suits in force wouldn't be automatically eating penalties to their fleet fighter skills.)
A : Agree, actually I'm trying to make warships, MA and MS to be unique in someway. Unfortunately, there're very time consuming as I'm working on expanding the mod for more contents(adding more well known MS Gundams) and creating uniqueness for MS, again Creating uniqueness part is time consuming but I'll catch up in the future for sure.

2b: The EFSF faction kinda needs some 'frigate size' units to fill their roster anyways.
A : I'm struggling on this part as well, there're 2 ways to go from here. (1) creating new frigate size warship for EFSF (2) stick to UC lore for very limited frigate (Gundam GP03 Dendrobium). Honestly I think it's not a big deal to have no frigate size warship for EFSF for players, because Starsector universe or other mods do not lack of great and creative frigates to play with and choose from.

3: Ground Combat, can't help but notice, Arma Armatura's mobile suits are used in ground combat/raids calculations and lose CR over that.
A : that's a great idea, I'll try to implement this system for Gundam MS, that system is probably Cataphract LSM hullmod. Thank you very much

4: Mobile Suit reinforce by coming out of a carrier ship, instead of from off screen, just like the Arma Armatura suits.
A: I'm not sure about this setting, but I'll check with Armma again, because there're several ways. If Wings commanders system MS reinforce will come from off screen, and pilotable MS are also having Strikecraft like Arma suits.

5: The Prototype Gundam and Zeong could use something similar to Arma Armatura's forced landing weapon for their mobile suits/large fighters.  Limited ammo(1), weapon range(600 or similar to suit's range) and zero damage.  Helps remind AI to go back and refit at a carrier when they need it.  Other mobile suits are fine since they already have ammo limited weapons.
A : Great idea, I'll add force landing weapon to units. Thank you

6: The too many industries per planet thing.  Either increase the populations and/or decrease the number of industries.  Starsector balance-wise, they don't actually need all those industries to do fine.
A : Noted, for future development more side is needed. Cutting out more industry and split them among the sides are a way to go.

Again, thank you for your valuable opinion, I can't wait to see how the mod will become
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 02:51:33 AM by Austere »

Plockrock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2022, 06:49:35 PM »

I'm loving this mod, thanks for making it. I always kind of wondered how this game had gone so long without a Gundam mod with all the other cool mech stuff floating around. And it's exciting to hear you have plans to progress down the UC timeline releasing more, it's my favorite timeline of the franchise.

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2022, 02:06:31 AM »

I'm loving this mod, thanks for making it. I always kind of wondered how this game had gone so long without a Gundam mod with all the other cool mech stuff floating around. And it's exciting to hear you have plans to progress down the UC timeline releasing more, it's my favorite timeline of the franchise.

Hi Plockrock

Thank you very much for your like toward Gundam UC Mod, actually I've the same though like you do wondering why this game had gone so long without a Gundam mod. But I'm really happy about Diable Avionic & Arma mod that bring us joy having mech in this game.

Thanks to the 2 mods mentioned above, I use the mods as reference to start the Gundam mod, took me few months to finally created the bone of the mod

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2022, 05:59:44 AM »

Minor request, but would you be averse to upgrading the Heavy Industry on Luna or giving them a nanoforge? Now I will be first to admit I know next to nothing about Gundam lore, so its entirely possible that this is done to stay in line with said lore. And frankly I don't mind most of the effects, low number of ship purchasing choices, D-Mods, etc. The thing I am miffed about is when I want to arm a ship to EFSF specs but can't because the number of actual EFSF weapons in all 3 markets (military, open, and black) doesn't have more than three Anti-MS PDF guns.

Kieshdor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2022, 03:13:58 PM »

So i take it certain suits are gonna be exluded from the mod due to the ground only nature? A slight bypass to this lore wise is simply a back unit swap as that is more or less what happend for the blue destiny model from unit 1 to unit 2. The BD was at its base was a modified ground gundam with a special GM head, the head and back was mostly swaped out with a gundam styled head and a space capable thruster array. And i forget which GM line it was, weather its the GM command, cold weather type, or some other line but there was some GMs where the back units were constantly changed out as the tech for mobile suites improved. As for zeon, Ainnas Zaku 2 FZ[i think it was the fz model] was equiped with a different back units and extra thrusters. but its your mod and how closely you wanna sit with lore is up to you.

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2022, 01:25:35 AM »

Thank you very much, and I’m glad you enjoy the mod, I agree that more mechs we have in game the better it will always be! for all Gundam fan, unfortunately making them unique and different is quite difficult especially Zaku II variants.
Actually when I started the mod, I had 4 choices
a.   Do whatever I like or make Gundam I like regardless of universe (UC or CE)
                - Complete mess and nightmare for game balancing (Gundam RX78-2 might be as strong as Gundam V, because the MS aren’t complete)
b.   Start off with MS Gundam 0079 and follow timeline of UC (include MSV)
                - Mod growing too slow, might take over a year or two to reach up to Gundam Z, too many MSV to be included and too many similarities
c.   Start off with MS Gundam 0079 and follow timeline of UC
                - Decent start and it covers all mainline anime before moving to MSV
d.   Start off with Gundam Seed and follow timeline of CE (my favourite)
                - Gundam is more advance in terms of their technology compare to MS Gundam 0079, difficult to kick start

I’ll come back to MSV after I’ve completed Gundam V from my current planning.

So i take it certain suits are gonna be exluded from the mod due to the ground only nature? A slight bypass to this lore wise is simply a back unit swap as that is more or less what happend for the blue destiny model from unit 1 to unit 2. The BD was at its base was a modified ground gundam with a special GM head, the head and back was mostly swaped out with a gundam styled head and a space capable thruster array. And i forget which GM line it was, weather its the GM command, cold weather type, or some other line but there was some GMs where the back units were constantly changed out as the tech for mobile suites improved. As for zeon, Ainnas Zaku 2 FZ[i think it was the fz model] was equiped with a different back units and extra thrusters. but its your mod and how closely you wanna sit with lore is up to you.

Yeah, I know Blue Destiny and 08th MS Team are great Gundam series and I love it, unfortunately Starsector is a space game and it doesn’t fit to add in ground type MS.

The weapon and potentially back pack units swap can be achieve because I’ve finally worked out weapon swap system works from Arma Mod, the other thing that helps to achieve swappable back pack is the extra attribute it has to go into the weapon system in Starsector game. Example weapon cannot add traits to the MS itself, I’ll try adding script to it or do it at the swappable system to achieve the same effect, but it’ll takes time for sure.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:34:06 AM by Austere »

SturmPionier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Lepanto missile frigates too slow
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2022, 07:15:46 PM »

I know its not a star sector frigate but I don't believe it should have a burn speed of 6 when its one of the fastest cruisers on the field.
Also as a suggestion I would love to have some of the mass production fighter version as semi unique "commander" version like Kirk's Zaku 1 sniper from UC 96. That way we can play with Zeon snipers as well.

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Lepanto missile frigates too slow
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2022, 07:17:23 AM »

I know its not a star sector frigate but I don't believe it should have a burn speed of 6 when its one of the fastest cruisers on the field.
Also as a suggestion I would love to have some of the mass production fighter version as semi unique "commander" version like Kirk's Zaku 1 sniper from UC 96. That way we can play with Zeon snipers as well.

Hi SturmPionier,

Thank you for your reply, sorry I've been too busy with my work in real life. I've check through and realise that Lepando have a burn speed of 6. It's my error sorry about that, I''ve adjusted it to 9 and will release for the next update.

I would like to add more MS as pilotable as well, for current stage I think it's best to fixed pilotable MS to be anime main characters and its main opponent.
From my own opinion, having too many pilotable MS could cause the overwhelming amount of MS as well as creating unbearable workload to the team. Making pilotable MS losing its uniqueness and players will lose the interest to pilot them, hence control the numbers of pilotable MS also helps to increase their uniqueness in the game.   

YukitoOnline

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v0.3.0 0080 Expansion update!
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2022, 02:46:57 AM »

Thank you for the Gundam mod.

Am enjoying the Magellan class with energy weapons.

YukitoOnline

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2022, 06:24:28 AM »

Thank you very much, and I’m glad you enjoy the mod, I agree that more mechs we have in game the better it will always be! for all Gundam fan, unfortunately making them unique and different is quite difficult especially Zaku II variants.
                - Complete mess and nightmare for game balancing (Gundam RX78-2 might be as strong as Gundam V, because the MS aren’t complete)
                - Mod growing too slow, might take over a year or two to reach up to Gundam Z, too many MSV to be included and too many similarities
                - Gundam is more advance in terms of their technology compare to MS Gundam 0079, difficult to kick start

I wondering if you're going to start with Seed or Seed Destiny or have both.
Since the CE Timeline has a crap ton of Mobile Suits.
Also wondering if you're going to make factions of EA vs ZAFT or make it a 3 way of ORB vs EA vs ZAFT.

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v0.3.0 0080 Expansion update!
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2022, 10:04:34 AM »

Thank you for the Gundam mod.

Am enjoying the Magellan class with energy weapons.

Hi YukitoOnline,
Welcome to the mod and I'm glad you like it, feel free to drop me ideas and report to improve the mod further.

I wondering if you're going to start with Seed or Seed Destiny or have both.
Since the CE Timeline has a crap ton of Mobile Suits.
Also wondering if you're going to make factions of EA vs ZAFT or make it a 3 way of ORB vs EA vs ZAFT.

Yeah I'll definitely make Gundam Seed mod in the future, actually what I do now can be consider as the foundation for Gundam Seed mod, once Gundam UC mod is stable and establish enough (actually there're a few technical issues to to overcome)

We'll consider to make a new mod for Gundam Seed universe for sure, actually I've stated in my reply above saying Gundam Seed is my favourite Gundam franchise, I can never miss that ;)

I think I'll start slow and steady just like Gundam UC, starting from Seed first then gradually expanding towards Seed Destiny and its Seed variants such as Seed Astray

Faction wise 3 factions are more interesting than 2, we found that out in UC mod, your right I'm looking forward to work on 3 factions EF, ZAFT, ORB
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17