Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v0.5.1 GP Quick Fix!  (Read 155961 times)

Exempt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Gundam UC Mod v.0.2.0 G3 Expansion update!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2022, 05:25:38 PM »

Okay buddy, I'm gonna do my best to tell you everything I can remember!

I just completed a 50 hour playthrough of Starsector! Probably my 10th game completion or so. I waited a long time between my last playthrough and this one in order to let new mods come up, then I added a bunch of them that I hadn't played with just so I could have a new mixture to adapt to and learn. All these factions, including Diable Avionics and ORA and SCY, and Apex and XLU and Rust Belt, and Interstellar Imperium and Kingdom of Terra and No Such Organization, and Shadowyards and UNSC and Xhan Empire, and prv Starworks and YOURS, Gundam UC Mod!

It took me a long time to get a fleet and start building up, but long story short, I eventually got my hands on some of YOUR ships and guns and fighters! And wow...your fighters are pretty balanced and fun! Except for the MSM-10 Zock Limited Production. I got a blueprint for it and uh-oh...at 22 op, it has 3500 hull! and 350 armor! and 2000 energy shield with 360 degree coverage and FORTRESS SHIELD SYSTEMS LMAO. Add to that the fact that each one has Zock Headx4 weapon, which does 400 EMP damage each and these things are completely unshakable. They're immortal disablers and extremely overpowered lmao! The same goes for it's other 22op fighter twin with Phase Coils. 3500 hull and 350 armor with phase coils and tons of emp damage on a figher for 22op. HMMMMMM

But that's not even the REAL problem. Strong fighters are one thing, but your weapons! OMGGGG

Twin Anti-Aircraft Rapid Beam:
7 OP
Small Energy Slot
Kinetic
600 range....huh
1,000 dps....wtf????
100 flux-per-second....LMAO LMAO LMAO

I printed 300 of these and used every single one. They're unbelievably broken and ruined the entire game for me by just BRRRT'ing through everything with EXTREME prejudice. What's worse? They fire every 0.7 seconds with a burst of 7 rounds, and they're classified as General, so they freely target fighters and missiles as well as enemy ships. Pairing them with range increasing mods or just, a Paragon(which has tons of energy slots and flux and a built-in +100% range for ballistic and energy weapons...!) makes the ship using them almost completely unstoppable. Nothing short of a mass suicide charge can hope to overwhelm any ship fielding these.
On a Paragon you're looking at something like, 15,000 Kinetic DPS for 1,500 Flux/sec at 1200 range. COMPLETELY F*CKING BANANAS!

Twin Mega Particle Cannon
16 OP
Medium Energy Slot
Energy damage
900 range...
2,000 sustained dps
1,000 flux-per-second
2 round burstwith a 5 second delay

So again, on a Paragon hypothetically, we're looking at what, 4 medium slots? With 1800 range?!?!!?! And 50% flux-to-damage ratio???? On a general Energy damage projectile that deals hard flux and full damage to armor?! That's 2,000 damage X 2 burst fire, x 4 mounts. That's 16,000 DPS! for 4,000 Flux/sec!

The damage-to-flux ratio is the single most important deciding factor of whether a weapon is viable or not. The poor flux efficiency of ballistic weapons is why the default Legion is almost unfieldable if you utilize all of it's mounts. But your weapons would make the default Legion a GOD.

Other than weapons, Gaia and Luna need to have their resources looked at. I don't think Gaia should have TWO farmland resources and TWO organics resources. I also don't think Luna should have farmland and no atmosphere, but hey....Point being, if you make your faction's planets too desirable, players will go directly there and take them from your factions, eliminating them from the game immediately and turning them into a cheat mod instead of a faction mod. You need to remove some of those resources from the planets owned by Zeon and EFSF.

All of that said, and even including everything I mentioned, I had a lot of fun playing with your faction, so please don't give up. Just do some rebalancing at least!! Your faction is INSANELY overpowered!

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2022, 02:51:04 AM »

hello! May I ask your permission to translate your 'Gundam UC ' into chineses?  I make this request for a friend, he loves your mod, Maybe he'll upload it to the forum,sure,it's free for everyone,I'm not sure yet, but I'll let you know if he done,thanks dude
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:06:25 AM by 0202 »

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2022, 09:34:23 AM »

hello! May I ask your permission to translate your 'Gundam UC ' into chineses?  I make this request for a friend, he loves your mod, Maybe he'll upload it to the forum,sure,it's free for everyone,I'm not sure yet, but I'll let you know if he done,thanks dude

Yeah sure, why not. Thanks for your support too

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2022, 09:36:59 AM »

Very good mod, I love it very much. Who doesn't like Gundam?
But...hmm...I see you requested "Arma Armatura" but there doesn't seem to be an elite squadron?
I'm not sure if it's available on Mobile Armour because I haven't gotten Zeon's MS/MA yet.
I'm not sure it's possible to give birth to an ace in this way that
But I think it would be better if it did, or maybe you could be asked to create a patch? So that battleships can spawn elite
————————
Okay, I admit I asked a very stupid question.and…
I found a problem, I don't know if this is normal, MAN-08 was shown to have a flight deck at production, but after production it was found that this deck is provided through a mod and is not a built in mod, I guess this means... I can take out the Bit?
——————

————From translation software

built-in bit for MAN-08 is quite iconic, I don't encourage having it changeable to other fighters

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2022, 09:44:12 AM »

Okay buddy, I'm gonna do my best to tell you everything I can remember!

I just completed a 50 hour playthrough of Starsector! Probably my 10th game completion or so. I waited a long time between my last playthrough and this one in order to let new mods come up, then I added a bunch of them that I hadn't played with just so I could have a new mixture to adapt to and learn. All these factions, including Diable Avionics and ORA and SCY, and Apex and XLU and Rust Belt, and Interstellar Imperium and Kingdom of Terra and No Such Organization, and Shadowyards and UNSC and Xhan Empire, and prv Starworks and YOURS, Gundam UC Mod!

It took me a long time to get a fleet and start building up, but long story short, I eventually got my hands on some of YOUR ships and guns and fighters! And wow...your fighters are pretty balanced and fun! Except for the MSM-10 Zock Limited Production. I got a blueprint for it and uh-oh...at 22 op, it has 3500 hull! and 350 armor! and 2000 energy shield with 360 degree coverage and FORTRESS SHIELD SYSTEMS LMAO. Add to that the fact that each one has Zock Headx4 weapon, which does 400 EMP damage each and these things are completely unshakable. They're immortal disablers and extremely overpowered lmao! The same goes for it's other 22op fighter twin with Phase Coils. 3500 hull and 350 armor with phase coils and tons of emp damage on a figher for 22op. HMMMMMM

But that's not even the REAL problem. Strong fighters are one thing, but your weapons! OMGGGG

Twin Anti-Aircraft Rapid Beam:
7 OP
Small Energy Slot
Kinetic
600 range....huh
1,000 dps....wtf????
100 flux-per-second....LMAO LMAO LMAO

I printed 300 of these and used every single one. They're unbelievably broken and ruined the entire game for me by just BRRRT'ing through everything with EXTREME prejudice. What's worse? They fire every 0.7 seconds with a burst of 7 rounds, and they're classified as General, so they freely target fighters and missiles as well as enemy ships. Pairing them with range increasing mods or just, a Paragon(which has tons of energy slots and flux and a built-in +100% range for ballistic and energy weapons...!) makes the ship using them almost completely unstoppable. Nothing short of a mass suicide charge can hope to overwhelm any ship fielding these.
On a Paragon you're looking at something like, 15,000 Kinetic DPS for 1,500 Flux/sec at 1200 range. COMPLETELY F*CKING BANANAS!

Twin Mega Particle Cannon
16 OP
Medium Energy Slot
Energy damage
900 range...
2,000 sustained dps
1,000 flux-per-second
2 round burstwith a 5 second delay

So again, on a Paragon hypothetically, we're looking at what, 4 medium slots? With 1800 range?!?!!?! And 50% flux-to-damage ratio???? On a general Energy damage projectile that deals hard flux and full damage to armor?! That's 2,000 damage X 2 burst fire, x 4 mounts. That's 16,000 DPS! for 4,000 Flux/sec!

The damage-to-flux ratio is the single most important deciding factor of whether a weapon is viable or not. The poor flux efficiency of ballistic weapons is why the default Legion is almost unfieldable if you utilize all of it's mounts. But your weapons would make the default Legion a GOD.

Other than weapons, Gaia and Luna need to have their resources looked at. I don't think Gaia should have TWO farmland resources and TWO organics resources. I also don't think Luna should have farmland and no atmosphere, but hey....Point being, if you make your faction's planets too desirable, players will go directly there and take them from your factions, eliminating them from the game immediately and turning them into a cheat mod instead of a faction mod. You need to remove some of those resources from the planets owned by Zeon and EFSF.

All of that said, and even including everything I mentioned, I had a lot of fun playing with your faction, so please don't give up. Just do some rebalancing at least!! Your faction is INSANELY overpowered!

Oh wow, I literally read all your commends Exempt, great feedback with in-depth explanation. I'll look into all the details you've mentioned and rebalance the data.

Actually all weapons I created are started from vanilla weapons, as I develop them I gradually carried away by making them more fun and more powerful, which leds to game imbalance and I apologies to that. I'll continue to rebalance the mod overall for better game experience. Thank you very much for your advice and I really appreciate it.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2022, 10:44:59 PM »

My friend has uploaded your mod to the Forum in China, I have to tell you about this,thanks dude

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2022, 11:32:49 PM »

My friend has uploaded your mod to the Forum in China, I have to tell you about this,thanks dude

no problem dude, and thanks for your support :D

Exempt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2022, 12:01:22 PM »

Oh wow, I literally read all your commends Exempt, great feedback with in-depth explanation. I'll look into all the details you've mentioned and rebalance the data.

Actually all weapons I created are started from vanilla weapons, as I develop them I gradually carried away by making them more fun and more powerful, which leds to game imbalance and I apologies to that. I'll continue to rebalance the mod overall for better game experience. Thank you very much for your advice and I really appreciate it.
[/quote]

Thank you! One of my friends downloaded your mod for his playthrough, and told me you updated it. I had to come check. Thank you for taking constructive criticism well! I'm really hopeful for your mod now and will keep my eye on it for a long time because you're so cool. You're a really promising developer. Please stay positive towards feedback, you're doing amazing!

Rzabat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2022, 11:55:07 AM »

Loving the mod so far, I really hope you push the timeline forward to include more of the fancier suits seen in Char's Counterattack and Unicorn.

On a side note, I've noticed that a lot of the Zeon and Federation planets have significantly impacted stability due to having too many industries (-5 to stability). Is there a fix for this?

Gneisenau

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2022, 05:09:06 AM »

Hello, I am quite new to this so do please forgive me but are the EFSF and ZEON-controlled systems spawn somewhere away from the "core worlds" / at the fringes of space? and should the vanilla factions be present while playing with the mod?

Zangi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2022, 08:03:31 PM »

Hello, I am quite new to this so do please forgive me but are the EFSF and ZEON-controlled systems spawn somewhere away from the "core worlds" / at the fringes of space? and should the vanilla factions be present while playing with the mod?

Zeon/EFSF spawn in the Prime system(and only there), should always be in the same spot, usually a little out of the way.  Apparently if you use random worlds with Nex, Galatea spawns in the Prime system.  The gundam factions are not affected by the Nex starting settings.

You'd need an entirely separate thing to remove the vanilla factions.

Gneisenau

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2022, 05:15:03 AM »

Zeon/EFSF spawn in the Prime system(and only there), should always be in the same spot, usually a little out of the way.  Apparently if you use random worlds with Nex, Galatea spawns in the Prime system.  The gundam factions are not affected by the Nex starting settings.

Thanks for the clarification! seems that it was clashing with interstellar imperium 2.5.2's factions which does not spawn/generate either mods' factions, only their details at the factions tab. Cheers!

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2022, 07:24:34 AM »

Thank you! One of my friends downloaded your mod for his playthrough, and told me you updated it. I had to come check. Thank you for taking constructive criticism well! I'm really hopeful for your mod now and will keep my eye on it for a long time because you're so cool. You're a really promising developer. Please stay positive towards feedback, you're doing amazing!
[/quote]

Appreciate your thoughts and commends for the mod, still try to expand the mod for the whole UC era. Yeah that'll take a long time ;D

Loving the mod so far, I really hope you push the timeline forward to include more of the fancier suits seen in Char's Counterattack and Unicorn.

On a side note, I've noticed that a lot of the Zeon and Federation planets have significantly impacted stability due to having too many industries (-5 to stability). Is there a fix for this?

I'm making the mod following its timeline across UC, I know Unicorn will be way later in the future, but Char's Counterattack can be expect for sooner release.(I found an advantage of updating the mod following the timeline will help me to improve my modding skill throughtout the process because later MS are getting more features and stronger.)

Yeah, quite a few fans told me about this too. I'll remove some overlap industries (appears on both the planet & sides) this changes also keep the planet balance among the base game too. The fixes update will be release soon.
Sorry for the slow update, as I've job coming in in real life and have to fight for a living.

Hi Gneisenau welcome to starsector, Gundam UC system spawn at the edge of the core world actually, it's not that far to travel to, but keeping a good distance to the core world to have less interference by the vanilla factions. Well as the mod updates and becoming more balance feel free to play with vanilla factions. On the other hand, if you found any imbalance setting while playing with vanilla factions do let me know. Thank you

Thanks for the answer Zangi  ;D

Thanks for the clarification! seems that it was clashing with interstellar imperium 2.5.2's factions which does not spawn/generate either mods' factions, only their details at the factions tab. Cheers!

This is weird, because I don't share any file with interstellar imperium and they shouldn't be any overlapping between the files

SirSmoustache

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v.0.2.0 G3 Expansion update!
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2022, 08:15:31 AM »

Amazing work on the mod OP! Its quite a good alternative compared to Wanzers and Arma, and the more mechs we have in game the better it will always be! Am wondering though, for future releases are you planning on continuing the timeline or stay within the One Year War period a bit more and put in suits from the MSVs such as the Heavy Gundam or even go into the Thunderbolt version of the suits?

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v.0.2.0 G3 Expansion update!
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »

Amazing work on the mod OP! Its quite a good alternative compared to Wanzers and Arma, and the more mechs we have in game the better it will always be! Am wondering though, for future releases are you planning on continuing the timeline or stay within the One Year War period a bit more and put in suits from the MSVs such as the Heavy Gundam or even go into the Thunderbolt version of the suits?

For current planning I'm going through the timeline of UC era, finished MSG 08th MS Team, too bad the main character is piloting Ground type Gundam, I've only added space gundam from the anime. Moving towards another anime now, not a famous or renown gundam anime, do you want to guess? After that we'll started to move on those famous Gundam anime in the timeline such as Thunderbolt, 0083 etc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17