Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v0.5.1 GP Quick Fix!  (Read 154227 times)

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Gundam UC Mod v0.3.2 0080 Another QuickFix!
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2022, 02:00:45 PM »

Hello there, I must say I'm fairly impressed with the mod so far, although at the moment I see two possible balance issues that bug me a little bit:

1. Luna and Gaia are almost completely undefended for colonies that have so many functioning industries and a nanoforge, it makes it an obvious target for a player looking for either the nanoforge or the planets themselves. Adding a battlestation should at least serve as a little bit of a deterrent.

Not familiar with Gundam lore - are stations not a thing?

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2022, 02:19:46 PM »

Well they generally come in one of two forms, a mined-out asteroid that gets repurposed into a military base or a city-sized space colony.  Outside that, the only stellar installation there seems to be is a lunar city which may or may not house a military installation depending on where you look in the timeline.

Melcyna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2022, 07:37:13 AM »

Generally speaking, lore wise with UC Gundam Luna and Earth are the mainstay of the Federations and unlike Zeon, the Federations while they do have some of what we'd call fortress... they r not really in space. Most of their installations are on the ground like say Jaburo which is their Headquarter, and in the story the place is heavily defended (at least in terms of what Gundam consider heavily defended anyway)

Which is a bit of a problem because in Starsector, heavily defended or not... if you are on the ground, they'd get bombed from orbit and erased from existence or invaded en masse by truck loads of mechs and tanks, and usually you can't really win a ground invasion against a major faction if they go all out on you unless you got plenty of ground defenses.

Usually, it's a lot more practical to win in space in Starsector with the help of something like at least a battlestation supported by at least a fleet, or better still to have a space fortress supported by a fleet.

Another way perhaps to balance it in Starsector in a way that is more lore friendly is to beef up their fleet, because technically in the story that's part of the reason why the Federation don't have much in terms of space based static defenses, they were supposed to have the most powerful space fleet (which they used to boss around the colonies before Zeon kinda did a number on them) so they didn't need space fortresses... their massive fleet is their fortress.

Balance wise in game I think a lot of the mobile suits (piloted or not) basically can be divided into 3
1. those with shields and evasion (especially elite evasion) - ex: Gundam G3 and GM Type C
2. those with speed - ex: Zudah
3. those that have neither but have firepower - ex: Sniper GM or Sniper Zaku

No.2 basically gets erased from existence the moment they face any kind of ship with decent point defense (and even those that don't sometimes if they are unlucky enough to catch a shot in the face)
while no.1 can survive quite well in part because having shield and evasion is like having a phase ship that also has shield, they can survive a pretty impressive amount of firepower but their problem is that they basically have abysmal damage output, like they are not really going to deliver killing blows but they can keep the foe busy usually or to chase off and kill off weakened/damaged ships or small frigates and corvettes. No.3 have pretty good damage but the problem is keeping them alive

I paired Gundam G3 with GM Type C and just send them en masse and the result usually is chaotic mass where they can keep most things busy or at least live long enough that other things like battlecarriers (I quite like loading sniper GM into the battlecarriers) can inflict enough damage.

My main grip with the mobile suits in general is that their beam rifle shot hitbox is off (this seems to affect many of the mobile suits beam rifle) and it's a bit jarring because often the shots would just pass through ships, and nothing happened until the tail end of the beam hit, or the front hits the ship, but the tail missed and the shot counts as a miss... so nothing happened to the ship in question.

That and most of the mobile suits not armed with sniper beam rifle can't really produce enough damage, with the sniper beam rifle armed one being about the only ones that can do damage to actually threaten capital ships to an extent provided their shields are down.

ciph

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2022, 01:45:39 PM »

Thank you for the nice ships and MS. There seems to be a bug when you are commissioned with EFSF from GundamUC. EFSF deflected shield is supposed to reduce the soft flux generated by using shield...but it actually increases the soft flux...

Please have a look

dannyc365

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2022, 09:57:25 PM »

Love this mod! Though I noticed it gets really buggy when Realistic Combat is loaded along with it. Ships displaying 0 hull despite only having taken any amount of damage once (really annoying because I keep getting the retreat pop-up when it happens to my flagship), and all mobile suits that have weapons with ammo and reload times just don't reload (the stats in refit screen display as expected, extended by only a few seconds, but when I try them out on the simulator I waited 5 minutes and nothing happens, they run dry for the duration of the engagement). Is it possible to make the mod compatible with Realistic Combat? Because I can see it really adding to the immersion during engagements.

SyndrianStan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2022, 06:29:06 AM »

Hello I just made an account specifically to tell you how much I love this mod, it's great and I look forward to future updates!

I love how you made the ships look, specially Zeon's! They are so pretty! The white base is also beautiful and a very powerful enemy! But the Salamis, Magellans and federation carriers look a bit generic... they are still very pretty and powerful though!

I love the mobile suits look and fight too! although I feel they should be able to fight on planets too? I'm not sure but I'm very happy with how they are right now  ;D

It also seems like I may have found a bug with the Dolos-Class but I'm not sure if it's the mod or if it's my game, it appeared when I used all the fighter bays on the Dolos and the fighters all started to land immediately after they took off :(

In any case I'm super looking forward to the next updates, sieg zeon!  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

ClockworkLullaby

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2022, 07:07:35 AM »

Not sure if this has been pointed out before

but the efsf commissioned crew buff effect is actually increasing soft flux by 50% lol
also, zimmad, anaheim, and zeonic all only produces 500-600 marines per cycle (I saw someone else pointing it out, and i saw on the changelogs that it has been fixed, but it still seems to be an issue lol)

using 0.3.1 btw

Loving the Mod, keep up the great work!!

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2022, 12:57:07 AM »

Sorry guys, I've been disappeared for around a month due to private matters and holiday.

Thank you, I am just new to this modding stuff, and there are time i get fustrated how slow the battle are doing

Opps, is the weapons too weak or the wasrship and MS are too tough?  :P
I think it's both, though the warships are not really the problem, it's just some MS (like GM Type C for example) and some Gundams being generally very survivable particularly the ones with shield and dodge (which basically gives them even better survivability than phase ships).

but the MS and Gundam weaponry generally speaking don't have the dps, in particular when it comes to anti shield though their anti armor isn't too hot either.

so there are quite a few moments where the enemy is swarmed by multiple MS and multiple gundams just stabbing and shooting it from every direction, even a ship as small as destroyers, and while the ship can't really effectively kill the MS and gundam swarming it, the MS and gundam are also having great difficulty bringing the ship down as well (they made excellent bait and distraction though, while my warship kill the swarmed ship).

I think it's not really an issue in on itself if they were just used as strike craft (I was kinda amused with the sight of an enforcer being swarmed by GMs and Gundam G3s, all of them trying to stab and shoot the little egg with everything they got while the enforcer just boost itself away not caring in the slightest)

But it might be a bigger problem when they are used as a player pilotable craft.

For the next major update, we've buffed MS weapons around 5-10% to increase their threat fits to the lore.

Any chance you could take a gander at a Wing AC timeline mod :P great work on this one!

Personally I'm a Gundam Seed fan, i made Gundam UC as a templete for my future development. I'll try to make or assist on different Gundam project if I could, if more fans come to assist or kick start a Gundam Wing I would be happy to help. Because I'm quite tied up with curret UC project, more contents are waiting to be design and release too.

Note:
In Zudah lore, It can handle all Zeon weapons except beam, and its shield have a melee pick and 2 Panzerfaust and have option to use a Anti-ship rifle like Char Zaku II and reason why its unable to use beam, most of the energy is forwarded to the engine, adding a beam will burn it up due to engine stress, technically its like living in constant danger of blowing up
and those who saw it in combat nicknamed it "Icarus", since it can outrun a GM which is actually a better version of Gundam in response time and speedrate (If Gundam have no Plot Armor)

Big Rang: have missile that Inhibits Beam weapons for 10-15 seconds in front of it, since it was made like a moving frontline supply depot wouldn't want one beam blow it up.

Oggo: Like Zudah, it can have all ballistic weapons Zeon could have, but I notice it doesn't have a Panzerfaust well, since it was a rushed model and supply lines are strained the Oggos are given randomly like one have your standard issue Zaku machine gun and missile, and other is a Panzerfaust replacing the missile, and it was a death trap, but it get the job done.

There was a joke that Using MS as Ground invasion or ground defense? well it could replace the Heavy weaponry for these two factions and too op if you compare a tank against a 18 meter tall death machine staring at you

Zakus series have more variants than i know of:
Zaku II Flak (Main purpose shoot down aircraft, have Arm chaingun, and A flak cannon shoulder, a missile shoulder and legs), Zaku Missile (Logistics what that?, Missile go BRRR, Could be a solution for Anti-shield or anti-armor purposes), Psycho Zaku (You can use a Zeong Arm, since it is the predecessor of Zeong and cheaper too, but limited range because Scientist underestimated the Insane energy cost of the Weapon straining the Zaku engine), Full Weapon Zaku (Watched Thunderbolt, Jazz was great)

During the late stages of the war all the Gelgoog was required to have balistic weaponry since Federation have created a Anti-beam countermeasures causing the Beam Advantage to drop sharply, Zaku machine gun was most common while some rare instance they carried Panzerfaust or Grenades when shipments are late... to the point Pilots are complaining that they are Regressing instead of progressing.

Dom II engine was capable to shoot beams for a few shots (In Gundam: Operation Stardust Antagonist was shown in the Manga, He used a Dom II that shoot a Beam Launcher which is a oversized Bazooka that shoot beams, Killing 7 Salamis and couple of Balls and Gm's (Which is a Ace Record more than Char record of sinking only battleships) causing him to earn the Nickname "Nightmare of Solomon" Before the Anime shown that he was in a Gelgoog at Al Boa Qu)

Great advice Gundamfan on MS & MA, I'll apply them into the next update for sure. Sorry sometimes I don't dig too deep into the lore for Gundam anime that I haven'nt watch. Big thumbs up

Sorry that I haven't include MSV  units into the game yet, currently I only focus on units in the main anime series, will definitely add MSV in once the main series is completed

I want to give a heads up:
I notice the requisites of one of the Vital Mod that need the Gundam U.C to Function "Arma Armatura" has Upgraded v2.1.1 from the 2.09

Thank you for reminding, I'll update on the requirement and will do the same for other required library mod as well

Hey, just got a crash.

Hey, just got a crash when one my gundams docked mid battle.

Code
9420472 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [expanse.ogg]
9420472 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [StellarRemnant.ogg]
9420480 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [Panic.ogg]
9420497 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [SkeletonCrew.ogg]
9420500 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [SkeletonCrew.ogg]
9420850 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.ai.armaa_combat_docking_AI.advance(armaa_combat_docking_ai.java:146)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship$ShipAIWrapper.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

oh dear, this is armaa docking system error. Sorry I'm poor at coding, that's why I attach the mod towards armaa mod, I think they'll get on it fixing the error.

Ever given thought to a "Colony Laser" weapon for the battlestations?  Maybe an Axis-Class super ship?  A "funnel" fighter wing might be cool as well.

Yeah actually i thought about the colony laser for battlestations, i'm quite worry that it might break the game balance so I made a smaller version instead, which is the Jormungand.
Actually "funnel" fighter wing existed, it's only used by their exclusive MS such as Zeong, Big Rang, Elmeth etc

Hello I would like to tell inform that there are some problems, if it's possible to fix?

>The MS suits always shoot behind the carrier and the missile and Bazooka will always hit the ship and offset the close range firepower

>The Dom Series unable to fire properly for Player Controlled ship Unless using skills but when it is A.I shoot like crazy,(I edited doms to shoot 5 at a time Crazy Right?)

> Type K Ball is Unable to fire? Even when using AmmoFeed skills even using a fresh mod and not edited to shoot like the ball which can fire like crazy

> I know the I edited the Ammo/Regen and Burst to 36 Since is not enough, i edited it to shoot more and set the wing to 6 but I notice all the Non-pilotable MS that Use Ballistics is unable to all fire but one at a time than using all wings at once, But sometimes not fire at all, MS beam is still okay to be edited

P.S: Sorry for Doing stress test on your mod

the mod is still using basegame fighter behaviour, if you're not sending them out they'll stay back to wait for more units to regroup. If I'm not mistaken, only a few siper or long range unit will stay behind carrier at all time.

I've tested dom, they're ok, i tried to control their fire power because they are designed as bomber compare to basegame. increasing their fire power will break the balance of weaponns.

Type K ball also works fine for me, unlike regular ball shooting cannon that helps their carrier fighting against other warships, Type K balls carries twin small cannons, i've design them closer to PD gun

Actually my ammo is the same as the lore figure, might be not fitting well with basegame. Also another way to force them back to carrier to reammo.

Feel free to play around Gundam UC mod, your testing result is valuable to me, I'll counter check on my side too. Thank you very much and we appreciate it.

Hello there, I must say I'm fairly impressed with the mod so far, although at the moment I see two possible balance issues that bug me a little bit:

1. Luna and Gaia are almost completely undefended for colonies that have so many functioning industries and a nanoforge, it makes it an obvious target for a player looking for either the nanoforge or the planets themselves. Adding a battlestation should at least serve as a little bit of a deterrent.

2. The Lepanto-class missile frigate has the same OP, DP and firepower as a cruiser, yet it is classified as a frigate. I understand you did it to fit the lore but you should at the very least list it as a cruiser in the game files because currently it can equip hullmods at the same price as a frigate despite being as strong as cruiser in all other aspects which allows you to make some ridiculously strong builds with dozens of hullmods without even having to sacrifice some of your weapons.

I haven't used the Gundams and Zakus enough to comment on them, they seem waaay more fragile than the Armaa cataphracts, but they do also cost only 1 DP to deploy so I'm probably not using enough of them.

1. Sure thing, we'll look into Gaia and Luna and might add a battlestation for either of them to buff their defences more. Oh i realise we've accidently disable the battlestations will check with my buddy to enable them back on.

2. I see, I'll look into to and I think I'll nerf it so it works more like a frigate by lowering its OP

the early MS are quite weak, because i've planned for the whole UC era. Later MS will be more equivalent to Armaa or stronger for late UC MS

Well they generally come in one of two forms, a mined-out asteroid that gets repurposed into a military base or a city-sized space colony.  Outside that, the only stellar installation there seems to be is a lunar city which may or may not house a military installation depending on where you look in the timeline.

yeah, we could only make them generic setting since we can't make them change in state when time pass.

Generally speaking, lore wise with UC Gundam Luna and Earth are the mainstay of the Federations and unlike Zeon, the Federations while they do have some of what we'd call fortress... they r not really in space. Most of their installations are on the ground like say Jaburo which is their Headquarter, and in the story the place is heavily defended (at least in terms of what Gundam consider heavily defended anyway)

Which is a bit of a problem because in Starsector, heavily defended or not... if you are on the ground, they'd get bombed from orbit and erased from existence or invaded en masse by truck loads of mechs and tanks, and usually you can't really win a ground invasion against a major faction if they go all out on you unless you got plenty of ground defenses.

Usually, it's a lot more practical to win in space in Starsector with the help of something like at least a battlestation supported by at least a fleet, or better still to have a space fortress supported by a fleet.

Another way perhaps to balance it in Starsector in a way that is more lore friendly is to beef up their fleet, because technically in the story that's part of the reason why the Federation don't have much in terms of space based static defenses, they were supposed to have the most powerful space fleet (which they used to boss around the colonies before Zeon kinda did a number on them) so they didn't need space fortresses... their massive fleet is their fortress.

Balance wise in game I think a lot of the mobile suits (piloted or not) basically can be divided into 3
1. those with shields and evasion (especially elite evasion) - ex: Gundam G3 and GM Type C
2. those with speed - ex: Zudah
3. those that have neither but have firepower - ex: Sniper GM or Sniper Zaku

No.2 basically gets erased from existence the moment they face any kind of ship with decent point defense (and even those that don't sometimes if they are unlucky enough to catch a shot in the face)
while no.1 can survive quite well in part because having shield and evasion is like having a phase ship that also has shield, they can survive a pretty impressive amount of firepower but their problem is that they basically have abysmal damage output, like they are not really going to deliver killing blows but they can keep the foe busy usually or to chase off and kill off weakened/damaged ships or small frigates and corvettes. No.3 have pretty good damage but the problem is keeping them alive

I paired Gundam G3 with GM Type C and just send them en masse and the result usually is chaotic mass where they can keep most things busy or at least live long enough that other things like battlecarriers (I quite like loading sniper GM into the battlecarriers) can inflict enough damage.

My main grip with the mobile suits in general is that their beam rifle shot hitbox is off (this seems to affect many of the mobile suits beam rifle) and it's a bit jarring because often the shots would just pass through ships, and nothing happened until the tail end of the beam hit, or the front hits the ship, but the tail missed and the shot counts as a miss... so nothing happened to the ship in question.

That and most of the mobile suits not armed with sniper beam rifle can't really produce enough damage, with the sniper beam rifle armed one being about the only ones that can do damage to actually threaten capital ships to an extent provided their shields are down.

Oh i realise we've accidently disable the battlestations will check with my buddy to enable them back on. the battlestation setting seems hard to fit to the lore, we have added heavy batteries to works as strong ground defences for earth. The battlestation is a side that stick very close to earth orbit in order to defend it.

To fit the lore, we've made EFSF fleet more in numbers and ZEON has lesser numbers. Their fleet strength are about the same, but ZEON has more MA and EFSF do not. But ZEON still has lesser number becase MA count as fleet.

Currently MS type is divided as follow with the latest setting
1. shield - previous - shield with elite evasion (the game can't work well with both) -> better shield
2. no shield - previous - no shield -> remain with evasion (phase)
3. firepower - remain some with or without shield works like 1 & 2 but weaker
4. speed - new type recommended by you

I've received a few commends about MS weapon strength, which I'll be buff or the next release.

Thank you for the nice ships and MS. There seems to be a bug when you are commissioned with EFSF from GundamUC. EFSF deflected shield is supposed to reduce the soft flux generated by using shield...but it actually increases the soft flux...

Please have a look

Thank you for the report, we'll look into it thank you very much.

Love this mod! Though I noticed it gets really buggy when Realistic Combat is loaded along with it. Ships displaying 0 hull despite only having taken any amount of damage once (really annoying because I keep getting the retreat pop-up when it happens to my flagship), and all mobile suits that have weapons with ammo and reload times just don't reload (the stats in refit screen display as expected, extended by only a few seconds, but when I try them out on the simulator I waited 5 minutes and nothing happens, they run dry for the duration of the engagement). Is it possible to make the mod compatible with Realistic Combat? Because I can see it really adding to the immersion during engagements.

Hi dannyc365,

I'm sorry I haven't try out Realistic Combat before and I don't know this will happen to the mod when you have them both loaded, I'll have a look into Realistic Combat and see how it works and discuss with the team.

Hello I just made an account specifically to tell you how much I love this mod, it's great and I look forward to future updates!

I love how you made the ships look, specially Zeon's! They are so pretty! The white base is also beautiful and a very powerful enemy! But the Salamis, Magellans and federation carriers look a bit generic... they are still very pretty and powerful though!

I love the mobile suits look and fight too! although I feel they should be able to fight on planets too? I'm not sure but I'm very happy with how they are right now  ;D

It also seems like I may have found a bug with the Dolos-Class but I'm not sure if it's the mod or if it's my game, it appeared when I used all the fighter bays on the Dolos and the fighters all started to land immediately after they took off :(

In any case I'm super looking forward to the next updates, sieg zeon!  ;D

Thank you very much SyndrianStan,

I'm grateful that you like the graphics of the mod, yeah some warships looks generic and luckily they're recognisable. I tried not to make them too different because I kitbash the ship with DA mod ships.

MS fighting in planet is not easy, don't think I could make it happen with my skill haha, it'll have to relies on Alex or Master modder to make it happen, I'm looking forward to it too, as Ground unit MS are quite interesting too.

I'll have tested out Dolos, and it's working fine, it might be other mod that trigger this error? I've apply reserve deployment for Dolos to let it to spawn more MS, but i don't think this will trigger the error. Strange

Sieg Zeon!

Not sure if this has been pointed out before

but the efsf commissioned crew buff effect is actually increasing soft flux by 50% lol
also, zimmad, anaheim, and zeonic all only produces 500-600 marines per cycle (I saw someone else pointing it out, and i saw on the changelogs that it has been fixed, but it still seems to be an issue lol)

using 0.3.1 btw

Loving the Mod, keep up the great work!!

ok We'll look into both MSfactory and comissioned crew sorry about that.
We've tested MS factory it was working, wondering what happened during the compiling process.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 02:41:16 AM by Austere »

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2022, 03:05:44 AM »

Hello I hope you are doing well, and your mod is great I would hope you can address a problem that i seen

>Jormungand has a smaller attack range when firing, i had to get close or input a modified integrated a.i or Rangefinders, since It was meant to play as a support class and not a close range fighter due to its weak armor and long cooldown to offset it, since it is a prototype and was a artillery type

So far not much problems, but i will try to stress test your mod to find some bugs

SyndrianStan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2022, 04:11:56 AM »

>I'll have tested out Dolos, and it's working fine, it might be other mod that trigger this error? I've apply reserve deployment for Dolos to let it to spawn more MS, but i don't think this will trigger the error. Strange

Sorry about this, the Dolos works fine! It was an error with my mods

LordKhorne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2022, 08:51:54 AM »

for some reason your mod causes me a ton of lag

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2022, 12:45:19 AM »

Seems this mod is incompatible with Industrial Evolution hullforge. Slotting in vpc will crash the game.

Smacknificent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2022, 03:38:06 AM »

First of all. Massive thanks to you. this is one of the few mods scratching my mech fleet itch.
The mod has 2 bigger issues for me so far.
The Zeon high level suits seem fine although a bit squishy, they are mechs so its fine. But 2 out of 3 gundams (alex and G3) are so squishy they die often before even doing any damage. they are supposed to be super OP mechs. I'm actually perfectly fine with them not being that OP here because this is starsector, not the gundam universe and everything can be OP here, but this feels way too weak.
The other issue is already mentioned several times but the industries seem broken. On a side note though I'm running tons of mods so that might be a mod conflict. But i have never been able to build any of them at all.

Then i ran into a few different smaller issues like some of the mechs blowing themselves up regularly with their ability instead of turning the ability off again and surviving when AI controlled, the zaku leg dropped as weapon loot for me once (and was hilarious when placed on a tug) and some of the mechs having very few points to customize them with or taking a lot of DP in comparison to the mechs from diable/sunrider/armaa while being a lot weaker.

All in all though this mod is fantastic and i can't wait to see what you do in future updates. Hope you get some spare time again soon.

Have a good one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 03:50:16 AM by Smacknificent »

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2022, 12:33:01 AM »

Hi dannyc365,

I'm sorry I haven't try out Realistic Combat before and I don't know this will happen to the mod when you have them both loaded, I'll have a look into Realistic Combat and see how it works and discuss with the team.

I release updates frequently, so please check again if you have not recently, and I try to make Realistic Combat work with other mods!

Austere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2022, 06:51:23 AM »

Sorry all for the slow response and update,

I was working on something big and try to implement a few ideas for the next expansion, as well as improving graphic further that I had in mind for awhile now.

Hope it'll not let you guys down and appreciate all your love towards Gundam UC mod :)

Hello I hope you are doing well, and your mod is great I would hope you can address a problem that i seen

>Jormungand has a smaller attack range when firing, i had to get close or input a modified integrated a.i or Rangefinders, since It was meant to play as a support class and not a close range fighter due to its weak armor and long cooldown to offset it, since it is a prototype and was a artillery type

So far not much problems, but i will try to stress test your mod to find some bugs

Indeed Jormungand work as long range support or as sniper unit sniping and killing enemy ship from afar.

I've tried running a few test with the ship, it's working as intended and firing from it's designated weapon range, unless it's being force to close combat by enemy charge due to Jormungand slow travel speed.

>I'll have tested out Dolos, and it's working fine, it might be other mod that trigger this error? I've apply reserve deployment for Dolos to let it to spawn more MS, but i don't think this will trigger the error. Strange

Sorry about this, the Dolos works fine! It was an error with my mods

that's great to know, issue resolved :)

for some reason your mod causes me a ton of lag

hmmm.... actually i do have the similar issue, when i create a big simulation battle, it'll lag. probably due to it overly detailed MS weapon setting for every single units. I'm sorry that I tent to create a more lore friendly setting

Seems this mod is incompatible with Industrial Evolution hullforge. Slotting in vpc will crash the game.

Sorry I haven't counter tested with Industrial Evolution hullforge, they might be settings that crashes the vpc system that unknown to me yet.

Hi dannyc365,

I release updates frequently, so please check again if you have not recently, and I try to make Realistic Combat work with other mods!

Hi dannyc365, I've put compatible with Realistic Combat into the work group task, can't wait to test it out when it's done

First of all. Massive thanks to you. this is one of the few mods scratching my mech fleet itch.
The mod has 2 bigger issues for me so far.
The Zeon high level suits seem fine although a bit squishy, they are mechs so its fine. But 2 out of 3 gundams (alex and G3) are so squishy they die often before even doing any damage. they are supposed to be super OP mechs. I'm actually perfectly fine with them not being that OP here because this is starsector, not the gundam universe and everything can be OP here, but this feels way too weak.
The other issue is already mentioned several times but the industries seem broken. On a side note though I'm running tons of mods so that might be a mod conflict. But i have never been able to build any of them at all.

Then i ran into a few different smaller issues like some of the mechs blowing themselves up regularly with their ability instead of turning the ability off again and surviving when AI controlled, the zaku leg dropped as weapon loot for me once (and was hilarious when placed on a tug) and some of the mechs having very few points to customize them with or taking a lot of DP in comparison to the mechs from diable/sunrider/armaa while being a lot weaker.

All in all though this mod is fantastic and i can't wait to see what you do in future updates. Hope you get some spare time again soon.

Have a good one.

Agree with weak Gundam units, I've buff their weapon as well as survivalbility for the next update so they perform better compare to old updates.
More balancing or lore friendly setup will be carry out (buff gundam to make them as white devil are highly considerable)

wow it's very lucky or unlucky that you get a zaku leg weapon drop, i've set them to be impossible to drop, no_drop and no_sell has been added to make more impossible to drop, hope it works

Actually a big reason i make the MS weaker now because of future planning, the mod itself is still at the early stage of the Gundam UC timeline, as more new updates comes in, more powerful MS will follow.

If we make early MS to be balance with armaa or diable for instance, it'll be too powerful for the later units that will come in to the play, do you agree? or do you prefer to make them more balance with other mech mods and then slowly balance them back to lore friendly afterwards?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17