Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: (RETIRED) [0.95.1a] S/WP Submod: OOPS! ALL VARIANTS (1.1.0) (RETIRED)  (Read 5073 times)

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile

NOTICE: This mod REQUIRES Ship/weapon pack 1.13.0 and it's dependencies to run. Grab that mod here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11018.0

ADDITIONAL NOTICE: This mod is retired. It will not be receiving an update to the latest version of Starsector for the foreseeable future.

This mod adds the following ships to the Sector.

Ships
Spoiler
Falcon (Lion Guard variant)

-----
Striker (XIV Battlegroup variant)

-----
Liberator (XIV Battlegroup variant)
Liberator (XIV Battlegroup variant of Luddic Church variant. AKA: Dumbfire mining missiles instead of a hangar bay)

-----
Vindicator (XIV Battlegroup variant)
Vindicator (XIV Battlegroup variant of (S) Vindicator)
[close]

Q&A:
Q: Is this savegame compatible?
A: Yes; however, you cannot remove it once you've started a game with the mod, and you can't load a save without the mod after disabling it.

Q: Is this mod balanced?
A: Probably? These are essentially reskins. The only differences are that the Falcon gets Solar Shielding hullmod, like all Lion Guard ships, and the XIV battlegroup gets the XIV battlegroup hullmod, and ten extra OP like all other XIV battlegroup ships get. I also made sure that these ships are more expensive than their non-Lion Guard and non-XIV battlegroup counterparts.

Q: Isn't the entire point of the Vindicator S to be rare? Doesn't a XIV version of it that you can get from the XIV battlegroup blueprint kind of defeat that purpose?
A: I have a crippling addiction to orange and black paint schemes, I am sorry. If I had better modding capabilities I would make it be like the XIV Legion where it is a separate, rare, blueprint.

Q: What is the name of this mod in the modlist once I've downloaded and installed it?
A: The name should be "SWP's OOP! ALL VARIANTS!" with the version of SWP you need right next to it.

Other stuff that is kind of important stuff I guess:
Spoiler
I kept the dumbfire mining missiles on the Liberator LC XIV variant as they are built in and I didn't want to mess up anything. If anyone has any variants they would like to replace it with feel free to post it.

I didn't add the "hist1" or "hist2t" to any of these ships in their .skin file. Please tweak if needed

I used a basic baseValueMult of 1.25, since I see that value a lot. Please tweak if needed.
[close]

CREDITS:

Dark.Revenant et al. for the excellent Ship/Weapon Pack mod.
BreenBB for the XIV and Lion Guard reskins.

LINK TO MOD:
https://github.com/RedBaronFlyer/Ship-WeaponPack-Submod

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler
Version 1.1.0 (23/02/22) NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE
- Added variants to all ships from this mod for the AI to use. Totally didn't just copy the non-Lion Guard or non-XIV variants and tweak it slightly (I totally did, I'm not good at this)

- Added the Striker XIV, Liberator XIVs, Vindicator XIV, and the Falcon Lion Guard ships to their respective faction spawn pools. Turns out they need those. I usually made them about 50% or rarer than their non-specialized counterparts (only exception being the Lion Guard falcon, it is about as common as the Lion Guard eagle). Let me know if any ship seems to be spawning too much.

Version 1.0.0 (22/02/22)
Initial upload.
[close]
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 08:56:01 PM by RedBaronFlyer »

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] S/WP Submod: OOPS! ALL VARIANTS (1.0.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 11:55:56 PM »

I'm always a sucker for more XIV skins, so immediate download.

Although looking through the files, it looks like you didn't properly implement them into the game like making variants for the ships or putting them into default_ship_roles or into the spawning array in the faction files. Without those, the ships won't naturally spawn in fleets.

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] S/WP Submod: OOPS! ALL VARIANTS (1.0.0)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 01:40:54 AM »

I'm always a sucker for more XIV skins, so immediate download.

Although looking through the files, it looks like you didn't properly implement them into the game like making variants for the ships or putting them into default_ship_roles or into the spawning array in the faction files. Without those, the ships won't naturally spawn in fleets.

WELP, seems like I forgot to do that. Sorry. I should (hopefully) have a quick patch to fix those up and add some stuff soon.

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] S/WP Submod: OOPS! ALL VARIANTS (1.1.0)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 06:41:15 AM »

Alright, after a few hours of banging my head against the keyboard, version 1.1.0 is now ready. AKA: the "I didn't know I had to do that stuff" update.

Thanks again for pointing that out. I can't believe that I didn't think about how they would spawn.

Feel free to let me know if there's anything weird going on (ships not spawning, weird ai loadouts for ships in this mod, anything unexpected)

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 07:37:23 AM »

Its cool to see what someone liked my sprites, speaking of implementation ideas, you can consider changes I made in personal edit, but I released them as sprites since I didn't made them as separate mod, I replaced built in Hammer Barrage on Luddic XIV Liberator with Composite slot, and swapped on XIV Vindicators Dedicated Targeting Core with ITU, it can be done via skin files.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 07:39:00 AM by BreenBB »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 11:09:43 AM »

Its cool to see what someone liked my sprites, speaking of implementation ideas, you can consider changes I made in personal edit, but I released them as sprites since I didn't made them as separate mod, I replaced built in Hammer Barrage on Luddic XIV Liberator with Composite slot, and swapped on XIV Vindicators Dedicated Targeting Core with ITU, it can be done via skin files.

You did an awesome job on the Lib.

Regarding the Hammer, I swapped it for a Gauss, hope you don't mind:

Spoiler
Code
{
    "baseHullId":"swp_liberator_luddic_church",
    "skinHullId":"swp_liberator_lc_xiv",
    "hullName":"Liberator (XIV)",
    "descriptionId":"swp_liberator_luddic_church",  # optional
    "descriptionPrefix":"Built to the specifications of the 14th Domain Battlegroup which founded the Hegemony, this vessel is a prime example of the Domain Navy's 'decisive battle' doctrine, particularly exhibited by a series of radical structural modifications performed using pre-Collapse industrial technology.",
    "tags":["XIV_bp"],
    "tech":"XIV Battlegroup",
    "spriteName":"graphics/ships/swp_liberator_lc_xiv.png",
"ordnancePoints":275,
"baseValueMult":1.25, #Just used a basevaluemult I see a lot, please rebalance if needed
    "removeBuiltInWeapons":["WS0016"], # weapon slot ids
    "builtInMods":[fourteenth],
    "builtInWeapons":{"WS0016": "gauss" },
}
[close]

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2022, 09:01:16 PM »

I had been trying to figure out what type of slot would work best. I'm kind of hesitant to put a composite slot since those tend to be very rarely used (because powerful). I've been leaning more towards missiles instead of composite since I feel that the Liberator is already pretty heavily armed, so it could bring up flux concerns. I can't really pin down what kind of large missile slot would work best for the liberator. I'll need to text the firing arcs of all the weapons to see what does and doesn't work.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 09:37:29 PM by RedBaronFlyer »

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 05:39:12 PM »

Maybe unite the liberator XIV variants? Replacing the hanger bay/hammer barrage with a TPC seems cool, useful, and appropriate for a XIV ship. Also, maybe make the Vindicator XIV S more common than the normal Vindicator XIV, since the XIV battlegroup were an elite unit that liked big guns? To make it more unique, the normal XIV Vindicator could lose its single cannon for a another large missile slot, and maybe gain a extra frontal medium ballistic slot so it has some degree of ballistic firepower and it has something to use its flux for.

RedBaronFlyer

• Ensign
  • XIV Battlegroup Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 10:21:50 AM »

Hi, I greatly appreciate anyone who has ever bothered to try out this mod.

Unfortunately, I don't really have the time or desire to update this mod further. I will not be attempting to update this to 0.96 for the foreseeable future.

Feel free to do whatever with the mod. WTFPL.