Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: AI cores  (Read 3307 times)

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
AI cores
« on: February 18, 2022, 06:25:56 AM »

Kindly tell me how to get rid of hegemony checks for the presence of AI cores? Maybe there is some kind of building, task or opportunity to hide the use of AI cores?

The only method I know of is to bribe the hegemony commission for history points, which are not always available. You don't want to become enemies with them. Not using core AI is like not using interesting game mechanics.

Or how to determine that no more than a certain number of AI cores can be used for a colony before the suspicion of hegemony arises?

Thank you in advance

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AI cores
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 07:04:22 AM »

In my experience using single bets cores plus a gamma core or two will never cause a check. I've had a colony running with those cores for 12 cycles and nothing has happened yet. I wouldn't even try installing an alpha unless I wanted to go to war with the hegemony eventually, especially not as a governor.

If you want to go nuts with AI cores you may want to destroy the hegemony first. With Nexerelin, you can even disable them in settings or conquer them and give all their colonies to a faction you like instead.

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 07:16:40 AM »

You cant stop the hegemony from sending fleets to check. You can however shoot down those fleets in transit to check for them without starting a war if you turn your transponder off.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 09:10:51 AM »

Can be disabled in settings. Set "  "aiInspectionFrequencyMult":1,  ", to 0 should stop it.

Candypowers

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 01:48:56 PM »

There’s no need to cheat or edit saves. You don’t need to worry about hedgemony inspection fleets too much, no matter the size as long as you have 1-2 planets with high command and alpha cored star fortresses. And some planet with pristine nanoforge installed. Even the biggest ones get automatically destroyed in orbit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:50:27 PM by Candypowers »

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 04:36:08 PM »

Ive seen Hegemony deploy up to 3+ fleets with multiple capitals trying to siege worlds for AI. You kind of need to babysit them because local fleets wont hide behind the stations unless they get decimated first. Even fleets up to 300% in size & an Alpha core stations not enough for the AI.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 04:41:02 PM »

You cant stop the hegemony from sending fleets to check. You can however shoot down those fleets in transit to check for them without starting a war if you turn your transponder off.
You can, just remove the Hegemony.

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 04:55:18 PM »

You can, just remove the Hegemony.

Yeah but thats no fun and days worth of work. Its more profitable to simply let them be and swipe at their fleets in Hyperspace. If you got the ships for it, its very easy.

UntowardPrune

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 08:24:40 PM »

The Hegemony sure is persistent, usually your main goal is to not use AI cores extensively until you're powerful enough to crush their fleets and leave their military dictatorship in the dust. Another factor to consider is that Hegemony inspection fleets only trigger if you use certain amounts of AI core technology IIRC it was like the limit is 7 points and a alpha core is 5 gamma 2 beta 3 or something. I tried looking up the post I saw which mentioned this but I couldn't find it so its probably just me going schizo.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2022, 01:13:51 AM »

Anyone claiming there's a "safe" amount of AI cores is wrong, by the way. You can see the logic in api/impl/campaign/intel/inspection/HegemonyInspectionManager.java. The amount of cores you use determines how frequently hegies get butthurt, but even a single gamma core will trigger inspections eventually. The inspection logic is also faction-wide, so which planets have cores is irrelevant.