Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Halo HomeSystems  (Read 7860 times)

ExtremisKO

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Halo HomeSystems
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2024, 09:52:47 PM »

hey extremisko. just wanted to hop in again and let you know im loving the mod. faction doesnt feel OP or weak. thanks again for figuring out the jump point issue lol

Thanks. Although if you running Star Wars mod and Star Trek (I think) they are a little op already so this mod might seem balanced when compared to those.

OmegaInfinita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2024, 10:07:38 PM »

Hey, just wanted to mention that the Noryang-Class ships have an empty "Built-in Weapon Slot" in place of what (presumably) should be the MAC-- as it stands, if it doesn't get one I would recommend adding one more wing slot-- no real Middle-Ground carrier, it's either the Light carriers with 2 slots, or the Heavy carriers with like 4-5+, and the Noryang would be a good candidate.
Loving the mod and you're constant updates!

Edit: It has an Empty Large Built-In Turret, specifically
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:09:13 PM by OmegaInfinita »

ExtremisKO

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2024, 10:16:36 PM »

Hey, just wanted to mention that the Noryang-Class ships have an empty "Built-in Weapon Slot" in place of what (presumably) should be the MAC-- as it stands, if it doesn't get one I would recommend adding one more wing slot-- no real Middle-Ground carrier, it's either the Light carriers with 2 slots, or the Heavy carriers with like 4-5+, and the Noryang would be a good candidate.

I'll look into it. The Noryang is a light carrier and a prior issue with UNSC ships was too many wing slots on them. It is supposed to have a MAC so I dunno what happened with the file.

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2024, 06:50:10 AM »

hey extremisko. just wanted to hop in again and let you know im loving the mod. faction doesnt feel OP or weak. thanks again for figuring out the jump point issue lol

Thanks. Although if you running Star Wars mod and Star Trek (I think) they are a little op already so this mod might seem balanced when compared to those.

ah fair enough. well now ill just have to add those to increase the challenge when not playing as them

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2024, 07:24:53 AM »

I'll look into it. The Noryang is a light carrier and a prior issue with UNSC ships was too many wing slots on them. It is supposed to have a MAC so I dunno what happened with the file.

ah i think i see what happened, for whatever reason even though the mac is labeled as built in, for some reason it doesnt ignore "strip" rules. i noticed the mac sitting in my inventory after refitting my fleet on a new playthrough at the very stat on my first refit. maybe check to see whats going on with it being able to be removed via refitting?

Mentaro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2024, 06:12:12 AM »

Hello @ExtremisKO,

First of all thanks for this mod. I like it.
I have found an error though that caused a crash while saving. And prevented me from loading that save.
The vairant [Ket_variant_Pios.variant] contains weapons on Slots that are not referenced in its .ship file.

As the ship was not used in my fleet i was able, by copying the weaponsgroup data from the other Ket-Variant [Ket_variant.variant] into the [Ket_variant_Pios.variant], to load the save again. On first glance it survived. However i cannot rule out long term damage to the save considering the crash happend while saving. 

ExtremisKO

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2024, 03:51:23 PM »

Hello @ExtremisKO,

I have found an error though that caused a crash while saving. And prevented me from loading that save.
The vairant [Ket_variant_Pios.variant] contains weapons on Slots that are not referenced in its .ship file.

As the ship was not used in my fleet i was able, by copying the weaponsgroup data from the other Ket-Variant [Ket_variant.variant] into the [Ket_variant_Pios.variant], to load the save again. On first glance it survived. However i cannot rule out long term damage to the save considering the crash happend while saving.

You were using a fairly old version of the mod, then updated it to a non save compatible version. Each version will tell you that it is save compatible with specific versions, not save compatible with all.

Mentaro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2024, 12:23:43 AM »

Hello @ExtremisKO,

You were using a fairly old version of the mod, then updated it to a non save compatible version. Each version will tell you that it is save compatible with specific versions, not save compatible with all.
Thank you for your fast response.
While you where correct in the assumption that i overlooked the compatability warnings within the update posts, i don't think i updated the Mod during that very young playthrough yet.
However I just downloaded the 0.6.6.5 version extracted it into its own folder so no old files mess things up. The Pious variant sill references "Melusean" in "WS0025", "WS0029" and "WS0030" (Line 30-32) and the ship file still has no reference's for these Weapons Slots. Also it puts the "Melusean" a medium energy Weapon into "WS0010" and "WS0013" which are small missile turrets and "WS0014", "WS0015" and "WS0016" which are small ernergy turrets. The "SerpensSilo" in "WS0004" Large Energy and "WS0005" Medium Energy seem to be wrong as well. And why "adaptive_coils" (Adaptive Phase Coils) and "advancedshieldemitter" (Accelerated Shields) it can't profit from either? Could i be you got interrupted while setting up this variant? And this entire variant was not supposed to be rolled out yet?
And please don't get me wrong. This is not meant as an attack against you. I'm very gratefull for what you are doing here. I understand it is very difficult to mod a game. And i have alot of respect for you doing it.

ExtremisKO

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2024, 05:42:46 AM »

Hello @ExtremisKO,

Thank you for your fast response.
While you where correct in the assumption that i overlooked the compatability warnings within the update posts, i don't think i updated the Mod during that very young playthrough yet.
However I just downloaded the 0.6.6.5 version extracted it into its own folder so no old files mess things up. The Pious variant sill references "Melusean" in "WS0025", "WS0029" and "WS0030" (Line 30-32) and the ship file still has no reference's for these Weapons Slots. Also it puts the "Melusean" a medium energy Weapon into "WS0010" and "WS0013" which are small missile turrets and "WS0014", "WS0015" and "WS0016" which are small ernergy turrets. The "SerpensSilo" in "WS0004" Large Energy and "WS0005" Medium Energy seem to be wrong as well. And why "adaptive_coils" (Adaptive Phase Coils) and "advancedshieldemitter" (Accelerated Shields) it can't profit from either? Could i be you got interrupted while setting up this variant? And this entire variant was not supposed to be rolled out yet?
And please don't get me wrong. This is not meant as an attack against you. I'm very gratefull for what you are doing here. I understand it is very difficult to mod a game. And i have alot of respect for you doing it.

You misunderstand. You installed the mod correctly. But the new mod version will cause crashes if you are on an old save that was using an old mod. You need to do a new save. I hope I understand the problem.

Another option is to find the old mod version (if you can) and use that mod version, and your game will be fine. I'll be able to reupload old mod versions if you want.

QuietOkami

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2024, 08:36:44 PM »

For some reason the UNSC home system with New Harvest in it doesn't seem to have any jump points. Is this WAD or a bug?

Mentaro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2024, 11:47:55 PM »

You misunderstand. You installed the mod correctly. But the new mod version will cause crashes if you are on an old save that was using an old mod. You need to do a new save. I hope I understand the problem.

Another option is to find the old mod version (if you can) and use that mod version, and your game will be fine. I'll be able to reupload old mod versions if you want.
[/quote]
I might have phrased it incorrectly but i wanted to say that i believed i started that playthrough on Mod version 0.6.6. and it crashed on that same version.
I now have done the following:
1. I updated to version 0.6.6.5.
2. I started a new game / playthrough
3. I spawned in the Ket Pious variant via console command (addship Ket_variant_Pious)
4. I unpaused the game and it immediately crashed giving the following error:
"java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS0023] not found on hull [Ket]"

ExtremisKO

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2024, 05:20:44 AM »

I'll release a patch soon that should fix things. I think I misnamed a mod. I've been busy so I haven't had the time to update as much.

To fix the missing WS slot, just go the the Ket.ship file and add the missing one to unbrick your save. You can copy the previous WS slots as examples. Or you'll have to start a new save.

Also, Ket_variant_pious no longer exists. Or maybe it does but it is massively outdated. It's just called Ket_variant now

QuietOkami

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2024, 09:28:46 AM »

Please disregard my previous post I was using 0.6.6 instead of 0.6.6.5

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2024, 06:23:31 PM »

Artemis battlecruiser when?