Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eat burger, shuffle events  (Read 1971 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Eat burger, shuffle events
« on: February 15, 2022, 03:26:08 AM »

There should be an option to order food at bars to rerandomise the other events.

For balance reasons this should reduce the maximum event number by 1 each time, so you can't over-eat.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Eat burger, shuffle events
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 03:39:12 AM »

Yes please!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 01:51:53 AM »

i can already imagine getting the same events burger after burger :D

Exasperation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 09:01:06 AM »

After spending many in-game months trying to get a mission - any mission - with a two-colony faction in hopes of gaining a potential contact I would definitely love to see something along these lines.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 10:12:59 AM »

This is a great idea, and I’d love to customize it on a per-faction basis. Picking suspiciously at a plate of organic foodstuffs on Luddic worlds, or ordering disappointingly small and pretentious appetizers on a Tri-Tach one.

Might also be nice to have an option to order another drink - and have worse options show up in the list as you get progressively more drunk.

killtime101

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 11:41:37 AM »

Ooh, this sounds neat for when you dont wanna travel too much just to get a certain event/mission.

Sorbo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 08:56:38 PM »

Clever idea, I like it as well. Especially the part when it reduces total events on a reroll.

BobExplains

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 08:12:31 PM »

After spending many in-game months trying to get a mission - any mission - with a two-colony faction in hopes of gaining a potential contact I would definitely love to see something along these lines.

I suggest you could also try installing a Comm Sniffer on the Com Relay in that star system, that way if any exploration or bounty missions are randomly generated you will be able to pick them up as long as you are in range of Hypercom.

Exasperation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 09:27:56 PM »

I suggest you could also try installing a Comm Sniffer on the Com Relay in that star system, that way if any exploration or bounty missions are randomly generated you will be able to pick them up as long as you are in range of Hypercom.
I don't think that would help at all - as I said, the point is specifically to develop a contact with the faction, which as far as I know can only be done via bar missions.  The problem is that the faction doesn't have very many bars to visit, and almost all of the missions available in those bars are with pirates/independents.

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 03:03:24 PM »

I support burger

Bulletkin

• Ensign
  • Now it's into the void, now me girls and me boys~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2022, 09:54:07 AM »

Very good suggestion. I support.
(your local Secrets of the Frontier fanboy)

...From Mother's hands, we go. We'll be sailing to the sun 'till the voyage is done, then we'll be sleeping in the cold below~

heh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 01:59:58 AM »

I also support this, more immersion, options for some fun flavor text, and an amazing way to get more contacts, missions, nanoforge slots and rarer encounters (historian, for example)

Also, burger

Foxy

• Commander
  • About me: I make simple mods ^__^
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2022, 09:13:32 AM »

I suggest adding beggars on stations that ask for money or food (burger) to give you tips and tricks of where to find profitable ventures. Also, the ability to poison food and drinks to get rid of contacts you do not want!

Bulletkin

• Ensign
  • Now it's into the void, now me girls and me boys~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2022, 03:18:23 PM »

I suggest adding beggars on stations that ask for money or food (burger) to give you tips and tricks of where to find profitable ventures.

Bar events where you would trade money (or maybe items) for the location of, say, a research station or something would be excellent! I'm not sure if they'd be overshadowed by the ability to find points of interest from looting probes or not, though.

Also, the ability to poison food and drinks to get rid of contacts you do not want!

Ehh... I get the idea, but that seems a little too specific... You can just delete contacts through the intel menu. Perhaps you could hire somebody to kill an NPC (patrol captain or something?) that you have negative relations with?
(your local Secrets of the Frontier fanboy)

...From Mother's hands, we go. We'll be sailing to the sun 'till the voyage is done, then we'll be sleeping in the cold below~
Pages: [1] 2