Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hellbore is not a PD weapon  (Read 1572 times)

Exasperation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hellbore is not a PD weapon
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2022, 01:52:19 AM »

I know it's not really an answer to the problem, but I feel like it might help advance the discussion of how viable something like this would be and how the UI for it might work to point out that someone's making a mod for this.  Excerpt from the mod description: "Ever got into an argument with your gunnery officer, because they insisted that they could hit a Broadsword with a Hellbore Cannon?"

Also, I think that (in addition to the missed opportunities arising from shooting at fighters when there are more important targets right there) I personally have lost more ships to this sort of behavior than to enemy fighters.  I know I won't forget the first time I saw a Paragon unload a plasma cannon directly into the unshielded aft of a friendly Wolf to "help" with the fighters attacking it.  This sort of thing is also how I learned that there's a reputation penalty for friendly fire incidents.

Supraluminal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Hellbore is not a PD weapon
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2022, 06:09:47 AM »

I know it's not really an answer to the problem, but I feel like it might help advance the discussion of how viable something like this would be and how the UI for it might work to point out that someone's making a mod for this.  Excerpt from the mod description: "Ever got into an argument with your gunnery officer, because they insisted that they could hit a Broadsword with a Hellbore Cannon?"

Also, I think that (in addition to the missed opportunities arising from shooting at fighters when there are more important targets right there) I personally have lost more ships to this sort of behavior than to enemy fighters.  I know I won't forget the first time I saw a Paragon unload a plasma cannon directly into the unshielded aft of a friendly Wolf to "help" with the fighters attacking it.  This sort of thing is also how I learned that there's a reputation penalty for friendly fire incidents.

Ooh, I need to check out that mod. It sounds like it might do a lot of things I'm interested in. Thanks for the tip.

And yeah, I've noticed friendly-fire problems from ships firing main guns at fighters too. I don't know if I've outright lost any ships to it yet but it is annoying!
Pages: 1 [2]