Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Different manufacturers.  (Read 9621 times)

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Different manufacturers.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 07:23:58 AM »

I really hope that was sarcasm...

if that is your definition of cluttered, then i don't think there's a system that would please you.
It works, but when you try to equip a medium slot when you have a ton of small and medium mounts, it does get very cluttered. If there were even more similar weapons to choose from, the refit screen would get way too cluttered.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:21 AM »

I really hope that was sarcasm...

if that is your definition of cluttered, then i don't think there's a system that would please you.
It works, but when you try to equip a medium slot when you have a ton of small and medium mounts, it does get very cluttered. If there were even more similar weapons to choose from, the refit screen would get way too cluttered.

go play X2 the threat ( or X3 reunion )
come back and complain about how " cluttered " that nicely done non-cluttered menu that starfarer has is.

you just have a really bad standard of what is and isn't considered cluttered, which is why i cant take you seriously on this matter, nor should you be taken seriously.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 07:56:38 AM »

Catra, stop being an ass. How can you even talk about being taken seriously when your response to a valid point is to just say 'go play something else and see how bad that is'? That has absolutely no bearing on the current discussion! All it is doing is insulting the four people who are reasonably discussing their viewpoints on this matter.

Being cluttered is a subjective measure, however I agree with the vast majority that the interface as it stands can be a bit much. I also agree with Austupaio that tabs/filters like in the codex would fix things.

As to the OP I've changed my mind and think this could actually be really nice, as long as the different manufacturers actually produced both noticeably different and still balanced variants (so not random). Then the choice between different variants would be meaningful and still not lead to grinding.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »

<self-moderation, nasty retort removed.>

How can you even talk about being taken seriously when your response to a valid point is to just say 'go play something else and see how bad that is'? That has absolutely no bearing on the current discussion!

yes, it does.

its to point the person in the direction of a truly clunky and cluttered UI that's for the same purpose (for this, it is equipping stuff), so its entirely relevent to this discussion since the discussion is about clutter, which those 2 games excel at and starfarer handles very well.

Being cluttered is a subjective measure,

and when given something to compare it to......

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »

If Catra wants to be an ass, let him. It should take a lot more than what he says here to rattle anyone.

In my opinion, the refit screen is cluttered. Can it be done better? I'm not sure, but I'd rather not make it worse by adding in weapons that don't add much to the gameplay.

As for the X series, I never played anything before X3: Terran Conflict, nor do I intend to. I'd imagine the UI improved since X2, and I still thought it was a mess.
Pages: 1 2 [3]