Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do people use small and/or medium burst PD for more than PD?  (Read 2886 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Do people use small and/or medium burst PD for more than PD?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 08:46:39 AM »

Been playing around with burst PD on more ships.  So far, I tried...

Centurion with two burst PD up front for anti-armor, and two railguns behind them.  Rear mounts empty due to lack of OP.  Why?  Not enough anti-shield firepower with one railgun and one LAG against the likes of Lasher.  Also shreds incoming missiles.

Hammerhead with two Arbalests and two burst PD (with Advanced Optics) in the front small hybrids.  Rear mounts empty.  Why?  Vulcans were not reliable enough in shooting down Salamanders.  And burst PD takes out incoming missiles.  Not as strong offensively as something like three railguns and a heavy mortar.

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Do people use small and/or medium burst PD for more than PD?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 10:25:19 AM »

Ive been using small burst PD on some of my destroyers. Considering its a beam weapon and works High Scatter Amplifier, it can do pretty respectable damage to ships and kill fighters in 1-2 shots (Usually just one).

The larger mounts can probably do more with HSA against larger ships but I would need to run some tests with it.
Pages: 1 [2]