Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Do extra pirate bases spawn in 0.95.1a?  (Read 1574 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Do extra pirate bases spawn in 0.95.1a?
« on: January 29, 2022, 03:42:40 PM »

Those -1/-10% pirate bases that spawn specifically to target the player's colonies, not the three -2/-30% or -3/-50% quota bases that usually target the core worlds.

Before 0.95a, I could rely on a -1/-10% pirate base to spawn regularly to torment my colonies.  And despite the annoyance, I often exploited it as my free Commerce (to buy some commodities and sell excess loot) without tariffs before I raided and killed the base and wait for the next one to spawn like clockwork.

After playing a .1a rc6 game for ten in-game cycles, I have yet to see a -1/-10% pirate base spawn in my backyard like in previous releases.  Do they still spawn?  If so, are there conditions to make them spawn like Free Port usage?  My colonies have not been tormented by pirates yet.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 04:06:54 PM by Megas »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Do extra pirate bases spawn in 0.95.1a?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 09:23:17 AM »

I started to colonize another system near core with pirate bases in nearby systems, and before the spaceports of my two new colonies finished building, I get a raid alert for the system they are in.

If a benefit of fringe colonies is no pirate bases bothering them (because they spawned too far away to harass other core worlds), I will take it!  Anything that reduces or removes whack-a-mole enemies is welcome.

CommandPoint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 03:28:49 PM »

I am kinda jealous.  I have "fringe" colonies that have their own private raiders in the current snapshot.  maybe I am not fringe enough.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 04:19:18 PM »

I believe pirates won't bother your colonies if they're size 3, but don't quote me on that. I just went a long time without...basically anyone in the Sector acknowledging my faction's existence, but as soon as those colonies grew...

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2022, 06:56:45 AM »

One thing to point out is that the pirate base always spawns with -1/10%, level 2 and 3 is them growing up by being left alone. As for the early pirate raid, that's actually strange. Are they targeting other factions in the same system as yours?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2022, 08:39:26 AM »

I believe pirates won't bother your colonies if they're size 3, but don't quote me on that. I just went a long time without...basically anyone in the Sector acknowledging my faction's existence, but as soon as those colonies grew...
I got the raid warning before the Spaceports of my new colonies were finished.  Therefore, size 3.  I promptly reloaded the game to put new colonies elsewhere (because I have no intention of destroying the established pirate bases if it means they respawn closer to my main colonies by luck).

One thing to point out is that the pirate base always spawns with -1/10%, level 2 and 3 is them growing up by being left alone. As for the early pirate raid, that's actually strange. Are they targeting other factions in the same system as yours?
They were targeting some of the core worlds, but there are no factions in fringe worlds.  I built two new colonies in a system with a gate, with pirate bases in multiple nearby systems.  I got a raid warning a few days after I started building colonies, before the spaceports were finished.

I do not care about new pirate bases growing up.  I want to know if extra pirate bases still spawn at all near fringe player colonies.  So far, none of those extra pirate bases that spawned in previous releases have in my current game.  None of my colonies suffered pirate activity at all in my current game, and I like to keep it that way.

DDwarrirofire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 01:49:32 PM »

I'm guessing the idea is to let the pirate cap hit max and get them to leave you alone?

Salter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 04:09:30 PM »

[Edit] -Im dumb and didnt know there was a cap.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 04:46:40 PM by Salter »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 04:37:55 PM »

I'm guessing the idea is to let the pirate cap hit max and get them to leave you alone?
Maybe today, but that certainly was not the case in releases before 0.95.1.  They always regularly spawned somewhere near your colonies (possibly deep in the fringe) even if there were already three bigger pirate bases elsewhere tormenting the core worlds.  I do not know what changed to stop the game from spawning extra fledgling pirate bases beyond the three quota bases (maybe it is the removal of one section pirate bases), but I like it.  The less whack-a-mole the player is forced to do, the better.