Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.97a] Officer Extension (0.6.7)  (Read 117411 times)

cytokine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Officer Extension (0.4.3)
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2022, 01:23:36 AM »

I'd love to see an "unbalanced" addition to this mod, where you can increase the max cap of deployed officers, turned off by default of course, and only enabled and adjusted in the json files.

I completely understand the significance of balance by not having this feature, but it would still be cool to have it as an option.

I've tried to dive into the base game settings to see if I could increase the amount of bonus officers from the skills, but I don't think I looked deep enough to find where I could change it.
Why not just raise baseNumOfficers?

DanzyDanz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2022, 11:17:26 PM »

FYI, Quality Captain borks the filter UI

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2022, 08:20:28 PM »

I'd love to see an "unbalanced" addition to this mod, where you can increase the max cap of deployed officers, turned off by default of course, and only enabled and adjusted in the json files.

I completely understand the significance of balance by not having this feature, but it would still be cool to have it as an option.

I've tried to dive into the base game settings to see if I could increase the amount of bonus officers from the skills, but I don't think I looked deep enough to find where I could change it.
Why not just raise baseNumOfficers?

it seems silly to increase the base number, when there's skills that add 4 more officer slots in vanilla. i feel like this mod could/should adjust those skill perks to be much more than +2, so as to only modify officer cap when this mod is enabled.

so rather than doing a base amount change that changes [6+2+2=10] to something like [12+2+2=16], you get something like [6+6+6=18]. there's still work involved in increasing your officer cap, but you get a higher officer cap later on.

jercar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »

I've been having problems getting the mod to work when I put it in a mod pack the game stops working and it says the cause is the plugin file.
any idea how to fix it

MrNage

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2022, 10:14:36 AM »

Have you ever thought about the concept of "retiring" your officers? Once they reach max level (if weren't already), spend SP to permanently send them off with a lump-sum pension/severance in exchange for bonus experience. Though you can't do it as soon as they capped: once your officers max, they either have to stay in your fleet for a set number of days (recorded) or they accrue enough enemy Fleet Points in battles (that they participated in; personal kills may not be necessary), whichever comes first. Additional considerations include whether (or how many times) you have mentored/demoted/retrained them, and whether they are level 5+.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:23:47 AM by MrNage »

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2023, 04:37:42 AM »

Can I demote cryopod officers? Or they'll lose extra levels and elite skills?

P.S. Can you also add a version that allows you to edit officer skills the same way you can with AI core officers if it's possible?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 12:26:01 PM by StriderGunship »

Rambo615

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2023, 12:11:07 PM »

Can I demote cryopod officers? Or they'll lose extra levels and elite skills?

P.S. Can you also add a version that allows you to edit officer skills the same way you can with AI core officers if it's possible?

Pretty  sure it screws  them, they  won't  get the 7th skill again.

Remimi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2023, 02:48:30 PM »

I think this is borked on officer promotion, it's listed as x/<whatever your current limit is>, and you can't promote

Looking in the javadocs here https://fractalsoftworks.com/starfarer.api/com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/intel/PromoteOfficerIntel.html how would you override the check and re-enable the button?

Sorry, new here and my java's rusty

Gilgamesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2023, 05:44:55 PM »

I think this is borked on officer promotion, it's listed as x/<whatever your current limit is>, and you can't promote

Looking in the javadocs here https://fractalsoftworks.com/starfarer.api/com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/intel/PromoteOfficerIntel.html how would you override the check and re-enable the button?

I ran into an issue that may be related to this where I couldn't promote captains after I got to level 40 with this mod and the mod "A New Level (Of Confidence, and Power) a Max Level Increasing Mod v2.1" activated. It seems I was able to resolve it after deactivating another mod called "Quality Captains: A Skill Rework v1.1.1". I think that the issue was some sort of unique interaction between three mods as when I had just "Officer Extension" activated and gave myself max levels, I was still able to promote captains and no issue when I reactivated A New Level.

I will post if the issue comes back as it's not like I was testing thoroughly here so I may have missed something.

organicmeme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2023, 03:52:48 PM »

Officers are not spawning with nor gaining leadership skills anymore. I don't know if it's a vanilla thing as I hadn't played in a good while. Or is this mod at fault?

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Officer Extension (0.5)
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2023, 11:30:17 AM »

(Just updated the version number for 0.96a compatibility, doesn't seem like anything broke as a result)

Officers are not spawning with nor gaining leadership skills anymore. I don't know if it's a vanilla thing as I hadn't played in a good while. Or is this mod at fault?
Vanilla thing

Oh I see, you mean the "officer promotion candidate" event. Yeah, I kind of forgot that even existed.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2023, 09:35:17 PM »

Hey float,

I would have more fun if this mod had an Officers Aboard mode removing the assigned officer limit, and I wonder if the other users would enjoy it.  To keep overall player power the same, officers would cost less money but level up more slowly with every level.  Do you find the idea feasible?

Liral

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2023, 09:42:27 PM »

Hey float,

I would have more fun if this mod had an Officers Aboard mode removing the assigned officer limit, and I wonder if the other users would enjoy it.  To keep overall player power the same, officers would cost less money but level up more slowly with every level.  Do you find the idea feasible?

Liral

If I understand correctly, what you want is already available in the base game via settings.json. “baseNumOfficers” is what you’re looking for, I believe. Just set it to something like 1000.

Liral

• Admiral
  • Realistic Combat Mod Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2023, 09:53:54 PM »

If I understand correctly, what you want is already available in the base game via settings.json. %u201CbaseNumOfficers%u201D is what you%u2019re looking for, I believe. Just set it to something like 1000.

That's the first third of my suggestion: I want to put an officer on every ship, reduce officer pay to keep the same overall cost, and slow officer leveling to maintain power balance with enemy fleets.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 09:56:25 PM by Liral »

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2023, 10:14:49 PM »

That's the first third of my suggestion: I want to put an officer on every ship, reduce officer pay to keep the same overall cost, and slow officer leveling to maintain power balance with enemy fleets.

Well the obvious balancing lever would be to make enemy fleets similarly uncapped in number of officers, which I’m sure baseNumOfficers already does. And for the second part, not sure what you’re aiming for. Do you mean, e.g. want to pay, say, 10k credits per month on officers regardless of the amount, so if you have 5 officers you pay each 2k/month and if you have 50 officers you pay each 200/month? That seems arbitrary and it makes more sense to me to at if you field more officers, you incur greater upkeep. Also not really sure how slowing officer leveling maintains power balance considering that they still reach max level eventually. Regardless, there’s probably an officer xp multiplier somewhere in settings.json.

So my understanding then is that you’d like to have very large fleets with upwards of 30 officers, but find the cost unmanageable? Actually, I’m pretty sure base officer pay and officer pay gain per level are also in settings.json, so you could just reduce them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9