Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.97a] Officer Extension (0.6.6)  (Read 112641 times)

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Officer Extension (0.4.3)
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2022, 09:00:21 AM »

Sir, can you allow me to update this mod with Chinese localization to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
I has solved the problem that this mod will raise error in Chinese Game.
Thank you very much.

sanya02

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2022, 07:02:34 AM »

202654 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find the "idle officers: x" text in the fleet info panel
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find the "idle officers: x" text in the fleet info panel
   at officerextension.FleetPanelInjector.replaceNumIdleOfficersLabel(FleetPanelInjector.java:177)
   at officerextension.FleetPanelInjector.advance(FleetPanelInjector.java:46)
   at officerextension.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:101)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Space Cowboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2022, 09:03:30 AM »

This mod is amazing. Would you be able to add a feature to change officer portraits by any chance? I often turn down perfectly good officers because they have the same portrait as another officer in my fleet.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2022, 10:40:03 AM »

This mod is amazing. Would you be able to add a feature to change officer portraits by any chance? I often turn down perfectly good officers because they have the same portrait as another officer in my fleet.
The VIC faction has ways of changing Captain portraits.

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2022, 09:53:28 AM »

202654 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find the "idle officers: x" text in the fleet info panel
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find the "idle officers: x" text in the fleet info panel
   at officerextension.FleetPanelInjector.replaceNumIdleOfficersLabel(FleetPanelInjector.java:177)
   at officerextension.FleetPanelInjector.advance(FleetPanelInjector.java:46)
   at officerextension.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:101)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Hmm… this could be caused by a translation pack or similar. The way the mod gets UI elements is flimsy and definitely not ideal but it’s the only solution for things not exposed in the API.

The base game already has a system in place for that, I believe. Officers have a portrait pool that depletes based on the portraits you already have, with duplicates being allowed only affer that pool has been exhausted.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2022, 04:54:47 AM »

What happened recently, you disappeared from the forum for months without a reply?

SamMAVRS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2022, 11:00:28 PM »

Hey there Mod Master,
i keep getting this Error. cant for the life of me figure out whats up. Really trying to do my next run with you mod.
Code
74628 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [officerextension.plugin.OfficerExtension]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [officerextension.plugin.OfficerExtension]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: officerextension.plugin.OfficerExtension
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

float

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2022, 06:46:45 AM »

Hey there Mod Master,
i keep getting this Error. cant for the life of me figure out whats up. Really trying to do my next run with you mod.
Code
74628 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [officerextension.plugin.OfficerExtension]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [officerextension.plugin.OfficerExtension]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: officerextension.plugin.OfficerExtension
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)

Try deleting the entire Officer Extension folder and reinstalling.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2022, 08:25:05 PM »

Been trying to figure out the point of suspending officers. you pay 12 months salary up front in exchange for a 90% reduction in their monthly pay... so that over the course of a year you pay 110% of what you would have otherwise in exchange for... what? you can already hire over cap thanks to the mod, it does the opposite of saving you money, and really just seems an entirely pointless feature. what am i missing?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2022, 06:39:47 AM »

Been trying to figure out the point of suspending officers. you pay 12 months salary up front in exchange for a 90% reduction in their monthly pay... so that over the course of a year you pay 110% of what you would have otherwise in exchange for... what? you can already hire over cap thanks to the mod, it does the opposite of saving you money, and really just seems an entirely pointless feature. what am i missing?
Do you want to re-level your specialized officers once you change your fleet composition for the fifth time? It is handy to have different officers for different ships and ship types... The investment in time and story points for another batch of officers is uhhhh... Aaand how much do officers not suspended cost per month? ;)
E: So once a year passes... And what about 2 super level 7 officers you find in the exploration phase 3 cycles before you start ehh make a proper fleet?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:48:29 AM by Dadada »

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2022, 11:23:32 AM »

you didnt answer my question. when you suspend an officer, you pay MORE than you would have otherwise for zero benefit. this mod ALREADY allows you to recruit over 8 officers, you just cant have more than 8 assigned. but when you suspend your officers you pay their salary for a year in advance (so you already are paying as much as you would have otherwise right there, except you are paying it up front) and then you ALSO pay an additional 10% per month to these guys you already paid for a year.

you dont need to suspend officers to recruit over cap. you dont save money suspending them. being suspended confers no functional benefit, and costs more.

cytokine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2022, 05:36:44 AM »

Hey, this is just what I've been looking for. Works great. And you even have an option for adjusting the fee for suspending officers; I couldn't tell that from the description. One minor suggestion: I have the "suspendOfficerCostMultiplier" set to zero, but I still have to confirm suspension despite it costing nothing. Would it be possible to skip the conformation popup if the cost is zero, or disable it with a bool option? Swapping out ten officers only takes half a minute so it would just be a tiny improvement, but still. Anyhow, a vanilla-tier mod!

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2022, 06:01:36 AM »

I had the wrong impression that you still could _not_ swap officers gained over the officer limit of x on ships once you hit your limit (like in vanilla) despite being able to hire more officers with the mod, so I booted up the game to test the functions of this mod, so apparently you can freely switch all officers you currently have with this mod, so that argument, my argument with the officer rotation for different fleet compositions falls flat, except for the money saving part over time x, that is still correct. You break almost even once you hit 13 months and start saving money once you paid the reduced salary for month 14.

you dont need to suspend officers to recruit over cap.
That is correct
you dont save money suspending them. being suspended confers no functional benefit, and costs more.
You do save money after a certain period, you break almost even after 13 months (12 months upfront and 1,3 months of salary over 13 months), so once you pay for month 14 you start saving money... So what is left: You save long term, while I personally really don't care or need that feature, it would or could, in theory, save me a lot of dosh if I find usable officers in the exploration phase, especially if I only explore and don't fight which means I do not need officers, and depending on my mood the (pure) exploration phase may easily take several cycles.

In the end it all depends on the play style (for the current run). ;)
E: fix'd*
E: fix'd2
E3: So in short: You don't need the feature, I most likely don't need the feature but as you and I know, you start saving after a period of time so the feature is not without use, in fact there are certainly people out there who find it useful, and I'd wager the mod maker is one of them. ;)
E33: The feature is also somewhat in line with storing stuff at abandoned stations and I love abandoned stations, at least before I get my colonies.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 06:15:13 AM by Dadada »

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2022, 07:12:38 AM »

for some reason i had assumed the suspension only lasted one year.

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2022, 08:04:30 AM »

I'd love to see an "unbalanced" addition to this mod, where you can increase the max cap of deployed officers, turned off by default of course, and only enabled and adjusted in the json files.

I completely understand the significance of balance by not having this feature, but it would still be cool to have it as an option.

I've tried to dive into the base game settings to see if I could increase the amount of bonus officers from the skills, but I don't think I looked deep enough to find where I could change it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8