Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.97a] Refit Filters  (Read 5139 times)

starficz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Refit Filters
« on: February 28, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »

Refit Filters

Adds a single new hullmod that applies filters to the refit weapon menu.

Looking for a 700+ range HE Armor Breaker?

Or maybe a short range Frag Hull Killer?

Thanks to ruddygreat for her Filter Hullmods mod as inspiration for this one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:32:38 AM by starficz »

psykose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Refit Filters
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 06:54:01 PM »

The mod_info.json has "jars":["jars/RefitFilters.jar"], but the actual jar is named refitfilters.jar. This breaks loading it on case-sensitive filesystems (the error is janino trying to build the mod instead, which doesn't work). 

starficz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:17:19 PM »

The mod_info.json has "jars":["jars/RefitFilters.jar"], but the actual jar is named refitfilters.jar. This breaks loading it on case-sensitive filesystems (the error is janino trying to build the mod instead, which doesn't work).
Ah sorry for the late reply, didn't realize I had the caps wrong. will push out a patch.

raco12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 05:17:35 PM »

This mod would be the savior of many hours to many people because when you have 50+ mods it's hard to find a weapon for your ship if you have 500 different types.

It would be awesome if weapons and wings could be filtered by design type/faction manufacturer, that way if you want Legio Infernalis weapons and wings to show up, just had to push a filter and all will show up there, and this with all other design from many mods.

Question: This can be added and removed from a save or it requires a new game?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:09:14 AM by raco12 »

starficz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 08:37:55 AM »

This mod would be the savior of many hours to many people because when you have 50+ mods it's hard to find a weapon for your ship if you have 500 different types.

It would be awesome if weapons and wings could be filtered by design type/faction manufacturer, that way if you want Legio Infernalis weapons and wings to show up, just had to push a filter and all will show up there, and this with all other design from many mods.

Filtering by mod is much harder, not sure if its possible actually. It can be added to games, but it can't be removed.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 04:32:27 PM »

Filtering by mod is much harder, not sure if its possible actually. It can be added to games, but it can't be removed.

I think there's a weapon category -

Vanilla is split into common + the tech levels.
Mods often add their own categories within that but I don't think it's a separate system.

Maybe the backend for that is a lot less intuitive but I think that would definitely be easier than going direct by mod.

raco12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 07:35:44 PM »

It is posible, but I understand is completely different stuff and makes making the mod more complicated.

Mostly because you have to code an UI and code the filters into that UI or change the current vanilla filter UI to make it compatible, it is posible but hard or I think it's hard, I'm not a coder so I can't say for sure.

I have tested the mod and I like it, but at the end more like a filter, it locks the weapons that you filtered our with the filter hullmods.

Which isn't bad but at the end you will still have 500+ guns in list although they will say "Non Installsble"

Ajimu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 09:06:05 PM »

It is posible, but I understand is completely different stuff and makes making the mod more complicated.

Mostly because you have to code an UI and code the filters into that UI or change the current vanilla filter UI to make it compatible, it is posible but hard or I think it's hard, I'm not a coder so I can't say for sure.

I have tested the mod and I like it, but at the end more like a filter, it locks the weapons that you filtered our with the filter hullmods.

Which isn't bad but at the end you will still have 500+ guns in list although they will say "Non Installsble"

Refit UI is something sealed in the core. Usually its not recommended to modify it, could be unstable and cause problems. And create new UI requires much work. Modification to OP is the easiest way to create a filter.   

Ajimu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 09:13:28 PM »

Maybe use some kind of loader, get all manufacturer and their weapons and wings, save a map in script or other place u could reach in campaign. Add a new table for manufacturer and keys for prev and next page, so they can choose from manufacture. 

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2024, 02:00:46 PM »

I really need a way to change the keybinds for this. My capslock doesnt work, which I dont care about cause I dont use it anyway, but the mod also doesnt register it, so I can only change the range bands, nothing else >.<

starficz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2024, 06:53:24 AM »

I really need a way to change the keybinds for this. My capslock doesnt work, which I dont care about cause I dont use it anyway, but the mod also doesnt register it, so I can only change the range bands, nothing else >.<

Ah, its possible for me to add in some settings for the keybind, but im not sure i want to add a lunalib or magiclib dependency for this minor mod.

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2024, 11:13:06 AM »

Ah, its possible for me to add in some settings for the keybind, but im not sure i want to add a lunalib or magiclib dependency for this minor mod.

I'd be fine if its just changing something in a file with Notepad++ (if possible), no need to go whole hog and make a dependency for it.