Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ship pack mods that you'd suggest?  (Read 5201 times)

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Ship pack mods that you'd suggest?
« on: January 24, 2022, 01:46:57 AM »

Hello everyone, how's it going? Sorry for cluttering the forums with this question, but can you recommend a ship pack that extends the basegame with a vanilla-like style? No factions if possible, none or minimal amount of new weapons, new hullmods are somewhat fine, mostly just new ships to toy around with. I've tried a few of them, but something felt off, and most I've tried was nearly entirely new with a faction and all. After that I simply gave up. Any suggestions would be appreciated :D Have a nice day!

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Re: Ship pack mods that you'd suggest?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 02:55:05 AM »

Even the best mods will vary in quality/vanilla-friendliness from one piece of content to the other so I'll suggest that with any mod, you should look at what you like and don't like in it and take out whatever doesn't fit your tastes (it's pretty easy for most ship packs). Some mods also have extra content that can be disabled in a settings file.

For some general suggestions:

Ship and Weapon Pack
Torchships and Deadly Armaments
Luddic Enhancement (extends Luddic faction ship rosters)
Disassemble Reassemble (not up to date but most ships can easily be ported to current version with no issue)
BigBeans Ship Compilation
Arsenal Expansion
Fluff's Ship Pack
Stop Gap Measure
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 08:29:05 AM »

I prefer vanilla-friendly without breaking the balance or the looks of the default game.

I'm using the following packs as vanilla-extension:

Stop Gap Measure
BigBeans Ship Compilation (BSC)
Vayra's Ship Pack
Disassemble Reassemble - would also work well if you bother to fix it yourself to the latest version of the game.

These also have a handful of new weapons, but they are well-balanced and looking fine and do not break the game.

P.S.:

(Non-shippacks but nearly-mandatory vanilla-extender mods)

Nexerelin
Industrial Evolution
Interesting Portraits pack
Detailed Combat Results

These are special mention as they extend the vanilla game vastly with new features without breaking the balance, nearly mandatory for all subsequent playthroughs in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 08:33:39 AM by MrTwister »

planeswalker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 03:16:30 PM »

I personally find Ship and Weapons pack mod the most vanilla+ one without going overboard. I tried some others before but they either 1. don't add much, 2. add way too much or 3. goes beyond vanilla+.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2022, 03:27:39 PM »

I'd second (third, by this point, I think?) Ship/Weapon Pack.

I'd also suggest:

Seeker - Though, okay, it does also add some things that are... well, hm. I was going to say 'not really vanilla style', but, uh, given the existence of the super-redacted ships, they're not actually that far out of it, are they?

Tahlan Shipworks - This one does add a some faction-lite stuff - the 'great houses' equipment - but it's all stuff the independents can get, not an actual new faction per se.

Underworld - The mod includes a new faction of more-pirate-y pirates in the form of the 'Starlight Cabal', but it looks like it's got a config option to turn them off, at which point it's just a pack full of vanilla-thematic pirate ships.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 09:36:47 AM »

So far I got these:
•Ship/Weapon Pack
•Stop Gap Measure
•Bigbean's Ship Compilation
•Vayra's Ship Pack

I like all of them. Though I find the new [REDACTED] additions from the first one a bit devilish :D

Also, is there another ship pack that adds a monstrosity such as the 'Cathedral-class Hubship' from the Ship/Weapons Pack? When I noticed the module system for stations, I was hoping to fly a ship with modules on it, and this Cathedral-class delivers that wish. Though, there's only one!

Cathedral-class Hubship, from Ship/Weapons Pack
[close]

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »

Also, is there another ship pack that adds a monstrosity such as the 'Cathedral-class Hubship' from the Ship/Weapons Pack? When I noticed the module system for stations, I was hoping to fly a ship with modules on it
Hello yes, I heard you were looking for Pirates & Pathers?