Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to Disable Inspections!  (Read 7115 times)

Dabger1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How to Disable Inspections!
« on: January 20, 2022, 03:48:17 PM »

For all those that cant live without AI cores! (including myself)

i have yet to find someone who has posted the solution to this, so i went digging in the files and found the line to edit for inspections!

I have been running my game without the inspections for a while now and i havent seen any issues with turning them off, so without further ado, here's how to remove inspections!
go to the game installation typically found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\

next navigate to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\
and find the "config" file and open it with whatever text editor you use and then hit CTRL+F (to open up the "find" menu and input "aiInspectionFrequencyMult"

once found, simply change the number to the right of it to 0 and save!
(as long as this code exists this should work with whatever version you like, however i've only tried it on 0.95-15a, so bear that in mind)

a note to the admins: if you need me to move this post somewhere else just let me know!

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: How to Disable Inspections!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 01:11:09 AM »

but why tho

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 02:30:25 AM »

That's a cool gameplay/story feature.

Dont use AI cores and stockpile them till you're stronk enough to kick their ass.
Then, once your colonies have sufficiently grown and you have military bases/commands (at least 2 per system is best). put all of the AI cores you want to use into that system at once.

They will come and will have their asses handed back to them.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 05:32:12 AM »

If player really wants his cores and wants to mod out Hegemony inspections, it is probably a good idea to mod out Pather cells too.  I loathe Pather cells more than Hegemony inspections, probably because I can eliminate Hegemony by wiping them off the map, but Pathers are immortal zombies like pirates, and they ignore colony defenses.  (Stability 10 is not reliable enough defense.)  The only way not to get Pather cells in an unmodded game is not get more than six interest, which means no AI admins, no more than one colony item per colony, and no hypershunt tap.

Dabger1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 02:02:11 PM »

If player really wants his cores and wants to mod out Hegemony inspections, it is probably a good idea to mod out Pather cells too.  I loathe Pather cells more than Hegemony inspections, probably because I can eliminate Hegemony by wiping them off the map, but Pathers are immortal zombies like pirates, and they ignore colony defenses.  (Stability 10 is not reliable enough defense.)  The only way not to get Pather cells in an unmodded game is not get more than six interest, which means no AI admins, no more than one colony item per colony, and no hypershunt tap.

to do that you can go a couple lines down from the inspection line and put a really big number for the minimum interest pathers need to start doing stuff
the line is: "minInterestForPatherCells"

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »

In order to disable inspections, you need to edit settings.json and set `aiInspectionFrequencyMult`to 0.

Inspection manager: https://github.com/jaghaimo/starsector-api/blob/master/src/com/fs/starfarer/api/impl/campaign/intel/inspection/HegemonyInspectionManager.java

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 02:25:28 PM »

I don't understand the extreme avoidance of pather cells. They really don't do that much. You just clear the base every once in a while (if you are bounty hunting anyway, this is trivial, and usually has a bounty on it) and you will have 0 issues. For inspections, I just go hostile with hegemony, who cares lol, or you can kill the fleets in hyperspace if you want. Expeditions can just be ignored if you invest in your defenses.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »

I do not want to play whack-a-mole Pathers, not after the horror of the first 0.9a release.  No such thing as extreme avoidance.  Yes, stability 10 blocks them 75% of the time - not reliable enough.

With bounty hunting, if I ignore the bounty, nothing happens.  If I ignore a Pather cell, buildings burn down on my colony.  I have to chase a Pather base yearly to save my colony.  I prefer not to play that game by avoiding 7+ Pather interest on all of my size 4+ colonies.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:19:33 PM by Megas »

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 07:26:46 PM »

I've not had a single incident on this patch after many hours of play. You don't need to be particularly timely with killing the bases and I spam items and cores. I just do it when I wanted to go that way anyway for other reasons. Even if you do get an incident, it's really not much worse than the random supply disruptions that happen anyway. It's not like you lose your colony.

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 05:13:24 PM »

Playing with Nexerelin and 11 faction mods. I disabled Hegemony, Tri Tach, Luddic Church and Path. Forced myself to use new ships. Got rid of annoying AI raids by Hegemony. Disabled Luddic Church and Path because they caused too many easy, boring battles.

The Luddic Path planet stuff still happens but a spy guy set to automatic eliminates them before any damage occurs. Just costs some money.

MrTwister

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 09:25:59 PM »

Hegemony is my main nemesis in every playthrough, so I kill their fleets and dont care about hostilities.

2 Military bases in the system and some good investment into orbital works, nanoforge and battlestations will stop any inspections dead.

Commodore Stephans

• Ensign
  • Paid Hegemony Shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »

ok but imagine needing ai cores
Your friendly local Hegemony naval officer and the Persean Sector's #1 gunrunner to the Luddic Path!

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2022, 01:09:37 PM »

The real galaxy brain play is stacking all your cores, items and the hypershunt tap on a size 3 colony that never grows. Pathers don't bother with size 3 colonies, and you still get 2 industries + AI admin.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2022, 01:33:15 PM »

-3 industries and -3 production is definitely not a worthwhile trade to avoid pathers. Pretty sure the size 6 colonies stacked with everything makes way more money than a size 3, even if you completely ignore pathers and it's constantly disrupted.