Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: CTD possibly caused by MagicLib  (Read 1266 times)

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
CTD possibly caused by MagicLib
« on: January 20, 2022, 05:28:20 AM »

give me a moment, trying to post the information but the forum is giving me database errors

Running into a game ruining CTD atm. The premise of the crash is that on the first day of any month the game has a chance to freeze then CTD.

If the CTD happens on July 1st 306, it's guaranteed to happen on that date for that save regardless of where you are or what you are doing when you try to reload and do various things to avoid being in the possible system or fleet that might've caused the crash.

The last error in the log isn't a nullpoint crash however.

Modlist is as follow:
"apex_design",
  "lw_autosave",
  "beyondthesector",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "capturecrew",
  "lw_radar",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "customsettings",
  "diableavionics",
  "edshipyard",
  "exshippack",
  "XLU",
  "fast_engine_rendering",
  "HHE",
  "fleetsizebydp",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "sun_fuel_siphoning",
  "GrandColonies",
  "hte",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "timid_xiv",
  "JYD",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "lockedAndLoaded",
  "luddenhance",
  "mag_protect",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin",
  "JYDR",
  "oas",
  "ORA",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SCY",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "simpleplayerflags",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "superweapons",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "Sylphon_RnD",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "transfer_all_items",
  "TrulyAutomatedShips",
  "underworld",
  "ungp",
  "unpackblueprints",
  "vic",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "mir_ed",
  "shaderLib"
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:36:57 AM by SneakyDevil »

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: CTD possibly caused by MagicLib
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 05:33:41 AM »

ERROR data.scripts.util.MagicSettings  - MagicLib - Failed to load HighValueBountyData!
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["flagshipVariantId"] not found.

at data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyHVB.convertHVBs(MagicBountyHVB.java:188)
   at data.scripts.Magic_modPlugin.onGameLoad(Magic_modPlugin.java:114)

rest of error is truncated due to the forum not letting me post it for w/e reason
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:36:41 AM by SneakyDevil »

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 07:40:39 AM »

I think by updating Diable, Seeker, and Locked and Loaded this will go away. Seems like incompatibility between one of these and MagicLib. Also, make sure to be on the latest MagicLib.

@Tart - perhaps optString("flagshipVariantId", null) instead of getString("flagshipVariantId) and throw with sensible info when it's null? Would let quickly pinpoint the offending bounty.

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 11:17:47 AM »

All 4 mods are on their latest version.

Edit: and yes, they are freshly installed and on a new save
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 11:46:51 AM by SneakyDevil »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 01:43:21 PM »

One of your mods has a corrupted HVB file. Now finding which one might be tricky, you'd have to disable mods having a Starsector\mods\FPE\data\config\vayraBounties\unique_bounty_data.csv file, and enabling them in small batches until the erroneous one is found. Or you can disable all the bounties from MagicLib in Starsector\mods\MagicLib\data\config\modSettings.json with "bounty_board_enabled" : false,

[EDIT] I'm a bit unsure of what are the exact circumstances, because the error you posted there is shown to occur on loading the game, not randomly during play.

[EDIT 2] Actually you can launch you game in dev mode, load a save and post the end of the log from where "Magic Bounty Loading" starts, that could pinpoint the HVB that is causing troubles.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 02:03:47 PM by Tartiflette »

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 03:38:36 PM »

Tried loadint he save in dev mode, game went as normal until it hit the first of the month where java then froze and crashed. Still no crash error message but here's the bounties

######################

VALIDATING BOUNTIES

######################
640132 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - nuke_intervene_corporate_struggle : VALID
640134 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_butterfly : VALID
640134 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Unable to find faction 'communist_clouds' from bounty drg_bounty_jimbo. Bounty is INVALID!
640135 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Corrected faction id 'Hegemony' to 'hegemony' in bounty nuke_directors_cut_vic.
640135 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Corrected trigger_playerRelationship_atLeast 'Hegemony' to 'hegemony' in bounty nuke_directors_cut_vic.
640135 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Corrected trigger_playerRelationship_atLeast 'VIC' to 'vic' in bounty nuke_directors_cut_vic.
640136 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - nuke_directors_cut_vic : VALID
640136 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_557 : VALID
640137 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - drg_bounty_ricardo : VALID
640137 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_redHand : VALID
640137 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_upstart : VALID
640137 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_gunships : VALID
640137 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_cassowary : VALID
640137 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_corpEsp_V-b : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_corpEsp_V-a : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_blitzkrieg : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_hedone : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_endymion : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_gawon : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - alexatheos_serrots_wild_ride : VALID
640138 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_tumbleweed : VALID
640141 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/SKR_medusa_striker.variant]
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_augur : VALID
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Corrected faction id 'ml_bounty' to 'ML_bounty' in bounty fed_omegaship_bounty.
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Unable to find trigger_playerRelationship_atLeast 'factionLikedId' from bounty fed_omegaship_bounty. Bounty is INVALID!
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_whitedwarf : VALID
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_cataclysm : VALID
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_nova : VALID
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_safeguard : VALID
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - jrg_gens_baby : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_searchlight : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_find_fubar : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - nuke_suppress_eventide_house : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_competition : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_siegfried : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_bullhorn : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_diversion : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_organs : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - klaw_rogue_tt_fleet : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_obelisk : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - avan_devilish_astronauts : VALID
640143 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - nuke_kill_a_poet : VALID
640144 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_corpEsp_IV : VALID
640144 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_marksman : VALID
640144 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/swag_hyperion_Hotwired.variant]
640145 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - swag_redline : VALID
640145 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - alexatheos_derelict_researcher : VALID
640145 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_poisonIvy : VALID
640145 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_head : VALID
640146 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_balisong : VALID
640146 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_demeter : VALID
640146 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - alexatheos_cruor_penal : VALID
640146 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_quicksilver : VALID
640147 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_attention : VALID
640147 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_clipper : VALID
640147 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_corpEsp_I : VALID
640147 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - alexatheos_culann_scavs : VALID
640147 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_trailblazer : VALID
640147 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_cleanup : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_rogue : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_aethernium : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - nuke_break_Nova_Maxios : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_dawn : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_corpEsp_III : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_retiarius : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - tart_takeover : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - SKR_rampage : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - wisp_corpEsp_II : VALID
640148 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - nuke_help_priest_flock : VALID
640149 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Successfully validated 61 bounties!
640149 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  -

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 10:25:44 PM »

You cut the log to short! All the bounties look to validate alright, but I don't see any HVB there, I wanted to check the couple of sections above.

That being said, if the game loads fine, and the bounties get validated properly, the crash is unlikely to be related to the bounties. (if it is caused by MagicLib that is, impossible to tell without a crash message)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 10:32:32 PM by Tartiflette »

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 05:01:14 AM »

Yeah its really frustrating to try and diagnose the crash since the game isn't generating a crash in the log. Also, that's the entire log for the bounties unless there is a keyword I can search for... after that last line it says loading complete and moves onto nerelexin loading.

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 05:50:04 AM »

You cut the log to short! All the bounties look to validate alright, but I don't see any HVB there, I wanted to check the couple of sections above.

That being said, if the game loads fine, and the bounties get validated properly, the crash is unlikely to be related to the bounties. (if it is caused by MagicLib that is, impossible to tell without a crash message)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your coordinator only checks true magic bounties. This is HVB conversion failure. Probably similar check needs to be done at startup - in this case, an JSON field was missing.
Code
   at data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyHVB.convertHVBs(MagicBountyHVB.java:188)
   at data.scripts.Magic_modPlugin.onGameLoad(Magic_modPlugin.java:114)

Also regarding invalid bounties like this:
Code
640142 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Unable to find trigger_playerRelationship_atLeast 'factionLikedId' from bounty fed_omegaship_bounty. Bounty is INVALID!
it really should be logged as WARN.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 05:56:20 AM by Jaghaimo »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 08:39:39 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your coordinator only checks true magic bounties. This is HVB conversion failure. Probably similar check needs to be done at startup - in this case, an JSON field was missing.
It checks both. Bounties are loaded, then HVBs are converted, then everything goes through the same checker together. In this log only MagicBounties are visible because there is a failure when HVBs are converted earlier, that was the part I wanted to see to identify which is causing the failure. The complete log looks like this:
https://pastebin.com/Lasmi3N3

Yeah its really frustrating to try and diagnose the crash since the game isn't generating a crash in the log. Also, that's the entire log for the bounties unless there is a keyword I can search for... after that last line it says loading complete and moves onto nerelexin loading.
There are 3 sections related to the MagicBounties following each-other:
"MAGIC BOUNTIES LOADING", "HVB CONVERSION" and "VALIDATING BOUNTIES", you only posted the last section without the other two. Check the link I posted to see what it should look like.

Can you still post the end of the log when you encounter a crash? It may give us some hints as to the cause even without an actual crash message.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 08:43:34 AM by Tartiflette »

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 09:21:25 AM »

Well uh. I checked out the paste bin link.... https://pastebin.com/8taqm65R is what I have....

This is what I have at the end of the log

is the last bit in the log that is recorded, had to post to pastebin because for some reason the forum is blocking me form posting log data

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 09:54:45 AM »

Ok, the last HVB loading is from Xhan. I'll check that one out.

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 07:52:13 AM »

Reporting back in, tried a new save with some of the "older" mods like Slyph and ED that haven't been officially updated removed. Same issue, same log output.(or should I say, lack of error log output)