Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.96a] Radiant Prototype  (Read 76362 times)

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
[0.96a] Radiant Prototype
« on: January 19, 2022, 08:07:35 PM »

Radiant Prototype

Ever wanted to fly a Radiant? well now you can!

This mod adds a separate Radiant that has a bridge built on to it, it comes with a blueprint, it has the Automated ship hull mod removed so the player can fly it.
It is still 60dp to field and 500k to build.

Regular High Tech Version (blue) will spawn in Tri-Tachyon Fleets VERY RARELY
Adds a Ballistic LowTech version that will spawn in Luddic Church and Hegemony Fleets VERY RARELY

There is two more versions of the radiant included. Both come with blueprints and have 5 system charges instead of 3, they also have built in auxiliary thrusters
These are 65dp to field 500k to build.

Spoiler
Also each of the two black ships have purple/red engines and the shield has a Red ring and Purple inner.
[close]

Credits
Yunru- For making the mod
YuiTheModder- For doing all the sprite work.

ChangeLog-
V1.2 Updated to .96a
V1.1
- Updating the mod to V1.1 will Breaks Saves
- Updated ship sprites with a command bridge in the back of the ship.
- Added LowTech looking Radiant with Ballistic mounts
- Both Black Colored Sprites had DP lowered from 75DP to 65DP
- Regular Blue Radiant will now spawn in Tri-Tachyon Fleets VERY Rarely.
- LowTech Ballistic Radiant will now spawn in Luddic Church and Hegemony fleets VERY Rarely.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 02:24:07 AM by Dhunt05 »

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Radiant Prototype
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 09:43:04 PM »

Nice mod, I look forward to finding one.  8)

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 10:13:30 PM »

Nice mod, I look forward to finding one.  8)
i dont have them spawning in regular fleets rn but i guess they could in Hightech fleets? also the Blueprint is known right off the bat, meaning most of us use Unofficial new game plus for the Blue Print saving. but if people want them to spawn in Hightech fleets and what not i could have it done.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 11:15:15 PM »

Also speaking of this player controllable Radiant, which you can do on actually in vanilla, but its cost -50 ordance points, as idea for improvement, you can try kitbash some sort of bridge on it, and since its not automated, add crew which required to man it.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 11:21:57 PM »

Also speaking of this player controllable Radiant, which you can do on actually in vanilla, but its cost -50 ordance points, as idea for improvement, you can try kitbash some sort of bridge on it, and since its not automated, add crew which required to man it.
well that hullmod should be 0 cost IMO and i could look into getting a bridge added too it thank you for the idea!

Sapfearon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 02:00:02 AM »

60dp is a lot, that's cost of paragon. 75....is way, way to much. This is price of one of kind super ship, like super capitals from others mod and radiant is not worth 75dp at all. Honestly, even at 60 it's debatable since you can get it for 40 with neural link/ai skill.

75dp radiants also have 0 crew.
Having 1 or 0 crew flagship kinda breaks a lot of story moments when you talking to officers at bridge - while piloting ship with 1 or 0 crew, heh.

Suggested change - change radiant to like 10 crew and 50dp. There is no reason to lock colored radiants behind 75dp trashbin.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 05:43:16 PM »

60dp is a lot, that's cost of paragon. 75....is way, way to much. This is price of one of kind super ship, like super capitals from others mod and radiant is not worth 75dp at all. Honestly, even at 60 it's debatable since you can get it for 40 with neural link/ai skill.

75dp radiants also have 0 crew.
Having 1 or 0 crew flagship kinda breaks a lot of story moments when you talking to officers at bridge - while piloting ship with 1 or 0 crew, heh.

Suggested change - change radiant to like 10 crew and 50dp. There is no reason to lock colored radiants behind 75dp trashbin.

Crew is staying at 1 Person, its meant to be that because you just ripped the AI core out and only one person will be in the ship, and all 3 of these ships all require 1 crew not zero crew.

I wont be changing the crew requirement because it literally has ZERO impact on the game its self and means nothing except to make you carry more crew.

also the Regular Radiant is 60DP and it can solo a paragon easily so idk where you got those ideas from, the Neural link hullmod is 50OP cost and it doesnt work if you have more than 2 ships with that hull mod installed, Still way too much OP just to swap the ship here and there.

another thing if you'd read the post correctly is, the Colored version each have a built in hull mod and on top of that the Phase skimmer gets 5 charges instead of 3, that turns into 6 charges with the skill. i may lower the DP from 75DP down to like 65DP tho.

Also there will be a update coming soon that updates the sprites giving them a visiable bridge on the ship, i should have it done with in the end of this week.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 06:08:05 PM by Dhunt05 »

Balmung60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 03:47:55 PM »

Just some quick clarification: Does it only break saves that already have the mod, or any save you add v1.1 to?

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 03:56:05 PM »

Just some quick clarification: Does it only break saves that already have the mod, or any save you add v1.1 to?

yes updating the mod will break saves ill clarify that more my bad

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 03:58:54 PM »

V1.1
- Updating the mod to V1.1 will Breaks Saves
- Updated ship sprites with a command bridge in the back of the ship.
- Added LowTech looking Radiant with Ballistic mounts
- Both Black Colored Sprites had DP lowered from 75DP to 65DP
- Regular Blue Radiant will now spawn in Tri-Tachyon Fleets VERY Rarely.
- LowTech Ballistic Radiant will now spawn in Luddic Church and Hegemony fleets VERY Rarely.

Balmung60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 12:41:24 AM »

Thanks, just wanted to make 100% sure since I'm not currently using the mod but wanted to add it to an ongoing game.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 08:34:42 PM »

Thanks, just wanted to make 100% sure since I'm not currently using the mod but wanted to add it to an ongoing game.

No problem :D hopefully you enjoy the mod lmk

Futanagatari

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2022, 05:59:47 PM »

OMG love the skins so FREAKING much!!
Usually I just edit the radiant and guardian hulls to remove the automated shim mod. But this gets a instant install.

BTW if you make some guardian skins in this stile I will be eternally grateful.

Dhunt05

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2022, 07:20:22 PM »

OMG love the skins so FREAKING much!!
Usually I just edit the radiant and guardian hulls to remove the automated shim mod. But this gets a instant install.

BTW if you make some guardian skins in this stile I will be eternally grateful.

i could look into getting the guardian done, havent used it much as i barely find it but ya i could do that

Balmung60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2022, 08:57:01 PM »

No problem :D hopefully you enjoy the mod lmk
Waiting on my industry to roll them out, but I'm looking forward to playing with a ballistic Radiant
Pages: [1] 2 3