Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin | Starting Fleet Selection/Randomization  (Read 3516 times)

NITEGHXST

• Ensign
  • General of The Nite Brotherhood
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Nexerelin | Starting Fleet Selection/Randomization
« on: January 16, 2022, 04:20:36 PM »

So I have been messing around for a solid couple hours right now. Recently started working on my own personal mod, have all major components that I wished for working perfectly fine.
However, now I've ran into something that I haven't been able to figure out for hours and I finally made the decision to ask here in hopes people can give me answers. I've tried finding answers both using a search engine and the forum & forum search directly, with about 15-20 different ways of how you can ask something, without finding what I was searching for. I tried dissecting mods that got this working, no success.

Using Nexerelin, you end up in a ship selection after selecting a faction. I finally succeeded in getting my mods' ships as fleet choices in that list.
However, when I tried the "random" button, it just went through the usual randomization list without my own ships ever appearing. I know there's mods of which I got one, where it randomizes around ships from almost only that faction specifically (Keruvim Shipyards with the Reavers for example) whenever you hit that "random" button.

Now the question in short: How do I get my ships in that random rotation, and get rid or lower the chance for vanilla ships to appear when the "random" button is pressed?

Really hope there's some people out there that know the answer or can lead me the right direction.

(First time posting here, so I got no clue if this is the correct location for such a question, if not, I am sorry)
"We are brothers and sisters, all the same, all as one. This Brotherhood stands on group effort.
The more you bring to the table, the more you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Having said that, WHO'S READY TO RID THIS SECTOR OF THE HEGEMONY?!"

~ Rug'ger, TNB General

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin | Starting Fleet Selection/Randomization
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 05:10:22 PM »

Random ships picks ships known to the faction (except for player faction, where it uses the independents faction), using FactionAPI.pickShip.

Check if your faction is also using vanilla ships too often in its fleets and stores. That can be fixed by changing the priorityShips and/or hullFrequency tables in the .faction file (vanilla factions will offer some examples).

NITEGHXST

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 08:12:00 AM »

Random ships picks ships known to the faction (except for player faction, where it uses the independents faction), using FactionAPI.pickShip.

Check if your faction is also using vanilla ships too often in its fleets and stores. That can be fixed by changing the priorityShips and/or hullFrequency tables in the .faction file (vanilla factions will offer some examples).
Ah! Thanks a lot for the quick response! I read it within the hour it was posted but then had other stuff to do and was busy with other stuff programming yesterday, sorry.

Been enjoying trying to make my own mod using Nexerelin with it, really adds an insane amount of depth to the game and never play without it! <3

Is there a place that explains such things further, like a wiki or other place that helps info wise on using Nexerelin's workings etc.? Haven't successfully
found something like an info hub on these things as well as for the Java stuff.
"We are brothers and sisters, all the same, all as one. This Brotherhood stands on group effort.
The more you bring to the table, the more you will be rewarded for your efforts.

~ Rug'ger, TNB General

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 05:24:41 PM »

Ah! Thanks a lot for the quick response! I read it within the hour it was posted but then had other stuff to do and was busy with other stuff programming yesterday, sorry.

Been enjoying trying to make my own mod using Nexerelin with it, really adds an insane amount of depth to the game and never play without it! <3
:thumbs up:

Is there a place that explains such things further, like a wiki or other place that helps info wise on using Nexerelin's workings etc.? Haven't successfully
A couple of gameplay features are covered on the GitHub wiki and/or the first post of the Nex thread (though they may be sometimes out of date), and I try to add ingame help where applicable.

There isn't such a thing for modding help, but I try to document the code reasonably well.

NITEGHXST

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 08:18:50 AM »

A couple of gameplay features are covered on the GitHub wiki and/or the first post of the Nex thread (though they may be sometimes out of date), and I try to add ingame help where applicable.

There isn't such a thing for modding help, but I try to document the code reasonably well.
Ah I see, good to know! When it comes to possibly outdated stuff I will just check in with other faction mods to see the differences if there are
any and change it accordingly. The help that's there is very useful, and if there's other stuff I can't seem to fix I know there's more than enough
people both here on the forum as well as the Starsector Discord that might know a solution to my problem. Thanks a lot for the info! :D

~ Rug'ger, TNB General