Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Help with weapon editor!  (Read 919 times)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Help with weapon editor!
« on: January 15, 2022, 05:26:01 PM »

So I can load weapons into the editor just fine and edit them. But I cannot make one from scratch. If I load a vanilla weapon and try to load my image, the default one goes away and mine will not load. It’s 32bit and I have no issues with my ship sprites so I don’t think that’s the issue. I have beta 10, I believe that the newest?

So recap, cannot load images. Cannot create or edit “offsets” UNLESS I load a vanilla, even then I can’t add or remove any offsets or whatever they are called. I tried on discord I tried to figure it out multiple times and I’ve read a bunch but just can’t get it. I really want to make a weapon  :'(

LuciusTBS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Help with weapon editor!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 11:33:50 PM »

So I can load weapons into the editor just fine and edit them. But I cannot make one from scratch. If I load a vanilla weapon and try to load my image, the default one goes away and mine will not load. It’s 32bit and I have no issues with my ship sprites so I don’t think that’s the issue. I have beta 10, I believe that the newest?

So recap, cannot load images. Cannot create or edit “offsets” UNLESS I load a vanilla, even then I can’t add or remove any offsets or whatever they are called. I tried on discord I tried to figure it out multiple times and I’ve read a bunch but just can’t get it. I really want to make a weapon  :'(

Good afternoon, everything is made a little easier, the sprite can be loaded after you create a config file in SWE, the sequence:1) press the 6 key by selecting the weapon editor; 2) press the T key thereby creating the basis for your turret, the name, type of turret, its size, then press ESC and save the file to YOuRMOD /data/weapons / bruhturretuwu; and after that you can apply the sprite of the turret, guns and bases.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Help with weapon editor!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 02:56:50 AM »

Good afternoon, everything is made a little easier, the sprite can be loaded after you create a config file in SWE, the sequence:1) press the 6 key by selecting the weapon editor; 2) press the T key thereby creating the basis for your turret, the name, type of turret, its size, then press ESC and save the file to YOuRMOD /data/weapons / bruhturretuwu; and after that you can apply the sprite of the turret, guns and bases.

Thank you! Weird that is doesn't work the same way as ships, but hey, I got it to work, thank you very much for the help!